Blatter ~ UK deserves 2030 World Cup

jsp

Sepp Blatter says England or UK and Ireland deserve to host World Cup 2030

Russia inviting him to the world cup is basically Putin sticking 2 fingers up to the USA & FBI over their investigations into corruption in the bidding process for 2018 & 2022.

This man should not be allowed anywhere near football ever again for what he did the fact he still thinks people should vote in secret tells you all you need to know about him. Decision makers need to be held accountable and if you get to vote on something like this the whole world should know who you voted for and be able to ask you why you made that decision.

It'll be classic Blatter clearly gave the response to an English journalist when he talks to Chinese media he'll say China when he talks to Indian media it'll be them and so on and so on.

I just think it's ridiculous that he's been invited as a guest the man is the disgraced ex head of FIFA who's banned from having anything to do with Football for 6 years and possibly facing prison time for fraud, it's just Putin basically saying ha ha ha I can do whatever I want and get away with it because despite what we did the world cup is still here.

Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay have confirmed their bid. Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia joint bid too apparently.

David Gill has said in the past that they'd only bid if the bidding process is made more transparent. Apparently talks are happening between the UK nations.

A home World Cup would be amazing. Biased I know but I don't think any other country does sport like us, 2012 Olympics were absolutely fantastic.

Yeah but every big sporting event is fantastic while it's going on the world cup or olympics tend to go off without a hitch these days while the event is happening the world cup protest in Brazil are the only time recently there have been serious problems during the tournament. It's the legacy afterward that is the problem the tax payer gets left with a huge bill as no country ever gets back what they invest.

The only good news for a UK bid is we already have the stadiums a few might need a bit of work done but it shouldn't require huge amounts of public money to put on a tournament here so the burden to the people is fairly low.

Morocco just won't give up will they I think this is their 5th bid.

UK deserves a tournament but history counts against us when it comes to bidding because when we ran FIFA we didn't let the rest of the world have a voice and that will always count against us and our history of empire makes a lot of places very suspicious of the British.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back