Blatter Seeking Re-Election ? I'll Be Damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggy

Blatter confirmed on Thursday that he will seek re-election as FIFA president for another four-year term at the world governing body's congress in 2011, saying his job was not yet complete.

"I am going to be frank and direct. I haven't finished my job," said Blatter. "I am ready for another mandate at the 61st Congress in Zurich in 2011." Blatter, 74, has been FIFA president since June 1998.

This mission will never be finished. At least I will be far away from this world when we will realise what is now the objective for the next generation," the Swiss said on the eve of the World Cup in South Africa.

"I'm still motivated, not only motivated, I want to do it," Blatter added, saying "working for the youth is my mission."

Blatter, whose tenure has been beset by allegations of corruption, refused to say whether 2011 would be the last time he would stand for election. "I can't say it is the last one... you never know."

He told reporters "I'm a happy man because of a happy congress but now I'm waiting for the kick-off. I'm really excited," adding that the tournament would be a "win-win" for Africa.

AFP-Zurich
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly i think he should leave. I mean what work is he yet to complete ???? This guy can't even see the importance of Goal Line Technology in this mordern day and age when every sport is going hi-tech. Corruption is reigning today more than it ever did on his watch and he what ???

please Blatter bow out and let's move on.

JSNFRMN

F*ck off Blatter get someone younger in and irish maybe, someone who will want to introduce technology...

Status
Not open for further replies.