Betting Thread

Hi all, just wondered if any of you had done any matched betting? I've been doing it a bit and notice yesbets publishing quite a few in play offers for Utd. I've done a few over the last couple of months, mainly with Paddy Power, bet365 and Ladbrokes and all in all about £1,500 up( from signup offers too. Would love to swap stories and find out how others are doing it and how they are getting on

What do you mean by matched betting?

Have tried taking advantage of free bet offers with different bookmakers the last while but haven't many success stories to talk about!

I love having a few £2.50 accas over the weekend across football and NFL and will bet the big horse racing festivals.

But the Masters is coming up and love having a few quid on that on a couple of the players outside the top 5 in the betting.

Rose 25/1
Scott 30/1
Watson 40/1
Casey 50/1
Reid 90/1
Willett 125/1

Any shouts for a correct score tonight? I’m all over the place with it.
0-0
0-1
0-2
Are my options

Any shouts for a correct score tonight? I’m all over the place with it.
0-0
0-1
0-2
Are my options

I'd probably go 0-1 fancy Utd to keep it tight and sneak it with a moment of quality or a set piece can't see them really putting the hammer down.

I'd go 2-0.

Madrid cost me my acca at the weekend! They were the last game on too. Gutting!

Coupon came in at weekend and I done 10er on 4-0 raging it ended up 4-1 haha tonight either 1-1 or maybe 0-1

I’d go 2-0 but I’ve actually bet on us at -3 @ 14/1

Also like the Barca Utd Atletico treble @ 9.4/1

I'm getting a bit bored of acca's as they seldom come in and also guessing the correct score.

How do you guys bet? I could do with a different angle...

I only do acca’s really and have a fair bit of success but there are stages where I go a few weeks without winning. I try and go for a couple that have short odds and then a couple that have longish odds. The cash out feature has definitely helped my success though!

How many teams do you do each acca as an average? I usually go though the top leagues in Europe and go for around 10 games, top(ish) teams playing bottom(ish) teams. There is always one that lets you down tho. Then maybe I do a 4 game acca with 2 or 3 draws in.

I'm last of the big spenders though, I only spend a quid or maybe 2 at most on each bet.

I find I guess the correct score on a lot of Utd's games but sometimes the odds are pants so it's hardly worth bothering unless its a big score. I went 1-3 last night at 14/1 and was pretty close until the last 10 mins again lol.

A few years ago I did a crazy 21 team acca for a giggle with my son. Got 20 games right and Real were playing Malaga at home as the last game. Malaga scored an equaliser in the 80 something minute to ruin £1500 lol. Took me a week to get over it haha.

Haha I used to have a few of those crazy 20 team accas and I’ve torn my hair out many a time when someone lets you down!

So now I’m a little smarter, I tend to go for 4 or 5 team accas worth £5 with less payouts but more chance of winning. I’ve had a couple of £200 wins the last few months on 4 team League 1 and 2 accas. I don’t go for correct scores or anything, think the percentages on that are quite poor unless you are willing to bet big bucks for big rewards.

I usually do 5 or 6 team acca’s for a fiver. Do a lot of the handicap betting as well.

Most my betting is probably actually done on the darts.

So on your acca's do you go for games with draws or wins or both in? The only way to get odds up is to add a few draws in but by god they are difficult to land a few in one bet.

So on your acca's do you go for games with draws or wins or both in? The only way to get odds up is to add a few draws in but by god they are difficult to land a few in one bet.
I tend to have two accas in a weekend, one with all wins and the other with a draw or two in. The draws are tough to get but the percentage of draws in the English leagues is high, although it’s hard to get one right. My last few wins, I’ve had one draw in them.

It’s quite laborious but look at the last 5 results and the tables before placing your bets. This is good because I didn’t do that for a while and I kept betting on Fleetwood to win but even though they were in the play offs their results were going downhill.

Nah I tend not to include any draws. Usually tend to look to include 2 teams I think are overpriced. Take tonight for instance Burnley at 16/5 away at Bournemouth.

That price is based on last season where Burnley couldn’t get points away from home this season they’ve already beaten Chelsea Eveton and Southampton away from home and got a point at Wembley and Anfield. They may might not get the result but I think it’s too good odds to ignore

Nah I tend not to include any draws. Usually tend to look to include 2 teams I think are overpriced. Take tonight for instance Burnley at 16/5 away at Bournemouth.

That price is based on last season where Burnley couldn’t get points away from home this season they’ve already beaten Chelsea Eveton and Southampton away from home and got a point at Wembley and Anfield. They may might not get the result but I think it’s too good odds to ignore
Yeah would be tempted by those Burnley odds. Also Everton at 13/10 isn’t a bad shout tonight, they could be buoyed by the news of a new manager coming in. Although that’s a big shout because Everton and West Ham have both been awful this season, could go either way.

Yeah would be tempted by those Burnley odds. Also Everton at 13/10 isn’t a bad shout tonight, they could be buoyed by the news of a new manager coming in. Although that’s a big shout because Everton and West Ham have both been awful this season, could go either way.

Hope everyone done the double!!

I done Burnley City Chelsea Liverpool Everton Arsenal

£130 back from a fiver if things stay as is. West Ham pen though and looking the much better side

Nice one. I had Burnley and Everton down as a draw ffs lol.

I saw the Citeh score at 89 minutes was 1-1 and went to put a few quid on them to win 2-1 at 15/1 and thought nahhhhh. 95th minute winner. Just my luck again.

I was more p!ssed off about City getting another late winner tha. I was happy about winning a bet!

I know I was gutter too. Needed those 2 points to be dropped. That's 2 games running they have come close to drawing, their time will come, it's a long season.

I was more p!ssed off about City getting another late winner tha. I was happy about winning a bet!
Haha, I did read your other post just before City scored, I did wonder whether you’d be more peed off than happy!

I had a nice treble come in last night, Burnley, Everton and Rangers all won. So that softened the blow of the late City win.

It was looking okay for a short while but collapsed like a pack of cards in the end. You win some you lose some!

It’s okay tonight is nice and easy

City
United
Juventus
Madrid
Munich
Ajax
Shakter
Draw

70/1 haha

70-1? Nailed on!

There isn’t much value around tonight. But I bet most football nights so that doesn’t usually stop me! Plzen to beat CSKA looks a decent shout.

Has anyone tried matched betting yet? Keep hearing about and looked into it a bit but seems a bit complicated

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back