Best ever Premier League XI, according to Barclays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholesy18

Best ever Premier League XI, according to Barclays..

Peter Schmeichel

Gary Neville John Terry Tony Adams Patrice Evra

David Beckham Paul Scholes Steven Gerrard Ryan Giggs

Thierry Henry Eric Cantona

Top flight sponsors Barclays have run a poll inviting their readers to vote for the best ever Premier League XI. The response was pretty emphatic but if you're not a fan of Manchester United it's probably best to look away now...

Are there any surprise inclusions in this team or is about right in terms of picking the cream of the crop since the Premier League's inception in 1992?

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,15964_6390557,00.html

imo Probably fair other than John Terry. Hes been good, but theres been better

Terry ahead of Stam? Bruce? Pally? Rio? Vidic even?

Surprised Shearer isn't there.

That probably goes to personal preference of Scholes or Keane and Beckham or Ronaldo. You cant really go wrong with the one you pick. Scholes ahead of Keane is not that surprising. Its not that glaringly obvious chosing one of those over the other as much as choosing Englands goldenboy over other past defenders

I'd choose Keane over Gerrard any day of the week.I wouldn't dream of leaving Scholes out of a Premiership XI,in my humble opinion he's the greatest midfielder (if not player) the Premiership has ever seen.

I'd have Shearer over Eric simply because of his consistency and predatory.He has scored 100 goals in PL for 2 different clubs.Period

Surprised Evra is in there even though he's class. I hate these best XI things, I wonder what reason they've got for picking this 11 over another 11 that would be equally as good. John Terry... really?

S.E.Arising said:
My decision in this instance is based on longevity. If we are taking Premiership/Premier League years than Terry or Rio for me.

Gerrard ahead of Keane?

Shearer, Ruud, Cole are three possabilities. Who would he/they replace - Eric or Henry?
Has got to be Shearer.You know,being top scorer in the league's history should give him an automatic place - it's a bit farcial to say "this is the best team ever - but we've left out its best striker". The guy is brain dead and an awful pundit, but he was one hell of a goalscorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back