Berbatov Joins Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can change. Maybe we are smart enough to sell him after the World Cup.

KaWolken said:
That can change ... maybe we are smart enough to sell him after the world cup...

Load of bullocks. We won't have time to sign replacement if we do sell Berba (which i am firmly against). Because the pre-season starts on July 12th and we must have all players who ever play next season as part of the tour so they can bond with team. No way Berba is leaving.

Wouldn't mind if he stays or goes. I'd like him to stay to prove the fans wrong but on the other hand he doesn't fit with Rooney and it would probably be best for both parties if maybe he does go. As long as Fergie signs a Centre mid who can score goals I think we'll be back next season, there's some other areas that need addressing but it would depend on who goes.

I don't think we need a new striker unless Berba and/or Owen leave. It also depends on who's available for what price and how Chicharito does at the WC. Plus, Rooney I think will play more on his own next season.

Depends on replacements and finances. If we re-coup £16mill say and get Benzema for £20mill say, Fergie will offload.
Without an experienced striker to help Rooney we are left with Welbeck, Diouf, Macheda and the young Mexican lad.

Let's not get hasty, Berbatov deserves another season as does Owen. They are seasoned professionals, the likes of Welbeck and Macheda should go out on loan for a season (and not to a struggling club but someone who are going to further their career), though in honesty I don't think Welbeck will make it at United. He will be good enough for most Premiership sides. Berba must stay and given the freedom to express himself in a position that HE thinks is best for him and United. The man is not mug!!

Big fan of Berba. I think he can prove people wrong. If you rewatch all his performances you can't say he hasn't tried. Towards the end of the season, it just wasn't going for him at all, he'd miss a chance and he'd start laughing because he knew it wasn't going for him. Seriously lacking in confidence.

Sadly I don't agree, flat pitch bully who hasn't performed against the big teams. As such Fergie preferred Nani to replace Rooney against Bayern when we were down to 10 men !

With Rooney not going to the states, it'll be the perfect for Berba. Although if Rooney was going it would give Fergie a chance to experiment and make the Berba/Rooney partnership work.

Will be great to see Berba play of Chich and Diouf this summer. The are wicked fast and Berba has a magical through ball...Hope they can click and play well at the start of PL before Rooney is back in action.

I think the biggest problem with the Rooney/Berba is that both players are best when they "run the show". Rooney is all over the place so if Berba runs the show rooney will always be there to convert the chances. There are a couple examples of this form 09/10 season when berba easily plays through Valencia and he assists Rooney. Berba doesn't get cred but he made the goals just as much as rooney and valencia.

But the other times when rooney is all over the place but more often than not in Berbas preferred area he doesn't play that well because he is out of his comfort zone. Might not be the best explanation but I hope ou guy understand what im trying to say.

Berba will hopefully come good if he can play a full set of games up front when he can pull the strings and make the youngsters do the heavy lifting:)

Thats why I hope Berba and the "runners" can get going in preseason. I hope, just once, we can get a good start to the season. We almost always lose "silly" points in the beginning.

Last year we didn't kick off until the third game when be scored five goals. Want us to get of to a flyer next year:)

Berba to start with out a doubt. Not sure which of Diouf and Chich but I guess the one who impresses the most in preseason should get the nod.

Would give our young players priority. I like Owen, but if either Diouf, Macheda or Chich plays well in preseason they should get a chance. Macheda isn't a god fit with Berba. Maybe our best pairs could be Berba Diouf/chich and Rooney Macheda next year:)

The three strikers I would like to see play the most games is Macheda, Berba and Rooney. Macheda really deserves a decent amount of games.

Owen is a great player, but Macheda is United'ss future. Easy as that.

I actually think Owen was a good deal, but with all the striking potential we have at the club, some of them has to get a chance..

Don't think we have room for all of them next year. Berba, Rooney, Owen, Macheda, Diouf, Chich & Welbeck.
Would have to play 4-2-4 to make room for them all:) the best would probably be if one or two got a loan deal somewhere else. For me that would be Welbeck and maybe Diouf. Depending on how Chich does in preseason.

I think it would be pretty stupid to loan Chich out after paying ...£10m on him. Diouf needs games and so does Welbeck. Both good enough to play for lower placed teams in the Prem in my opinion, would be a really good experience.

I'd rather Welbeck be playing in the Prem than with Preston but it's harder for Strikers in small prem clubs, because there's not many chances. No goals will probably mean no games for him. Shame he got injured at the end of the season really, didn't get much of a chance to prove himself last season. A year in the Championship would be good. Still not sure what position Fergie wants him to play in. Thought he was brilliant upfront, didn't like him as a winger. His finishing in the goals he's scored for United is brilliant.

After Campbell's season at Hull in the Championship, I really expected him to make a breakthrough at United and he did on the first day of the season, then we signed Berba, Campbell went the other way on loan and then we sold him to Sunderland which has turned out to be a really good move for him. Look out for him next year.

hope he gets a new contract.top guy,top class with top attitude,loves playing for the club even if it means sacrificing some time to be on the bench.how many players do that? Ronaldo didnt,Tevez certainly didnt yet people adore them and say "Fergie sign him up".This guy gives his heart and soul to play for United and yet there are morons calling for his head despite him
1.being the top scorer in the PL this season.(without even taking penalties)
2.scoring most winners in the PL
3.Scoring in most games by any player
4.Gaining us most points

We won the title mainly cos of him because when Rooney was pathetic until January,he carried us through the first half of the season and he never complained in the second half when Rooney and Hernandez were preferred in big games.whenever called upon doesn't let you down.If he doesnt score goals,he assists.Top class player.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Unfortunate for him that Hernandez has been so brilliant!! he carried the team in the first half of the season. incredible that he scored most of his goals in the first half of the season, (18 i think) and even though didn't play much since Feb, still wins the Golden Boot!!

I think his moral declined after the winter, hope he can prove to the critics by scoring against Barca this Saturday ^^

thought he was in the stadium?? this is turning out like the Ruud saga again. only difference that it happened in the CL final! lol

I don't blame him for leaving the stadium it was an abslolute joke that he wasn't even in the squad.

Won't be surprised if he leaves. I think Fergie will cash in on him, we'll see Owen get his deal extended imo

Don't think him being left out is the problem, if it's true that he left the ground before kick off then there's a problem. I understood the reason to leave him out as he's not an impact player off the bench whereas Owen is as was shown last Sunday and many other times. It's going to be interesting.

Would you have Berba stay or go? This question deserves a poll in itself!! I think we sell him and give yongsters a chance.

Not sure, i wont be crying into my pillow if he leaves but he has done well this past season a change never hurt anybody though

I want him to stay but if he was to leave, I think i'd want a replacement really. Lot of people say he doesn't fit in to how we play now. His problem is that he's pretty much useless off the bench and hasn't scored in Europe for 2 seasons now. Could be involved in a swap deal...

I'd like him to stay really, love watching him play, makes everything look so easy, class player. Not clinical enough really at times. Inconsistent I suppose is the word, has bad days. Scores every chance he gets in one game and the next he can't hit a barn door.

The reason Fergie prefers Hernandez is even when he's having an off day or not scoring, his movement and pace means defenders have to keep an eye on him, because he can pounce on an error and score in a matter of seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back