Berbatov Joins Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Last summer I was told by United that they need me and that was good enough for me. As a professional I want to play in every game so I need to exploit all chances so no one can doubt my work. I think I have fulfilled my obligation with six goals this season set against the time I've actually spent on the field."

He was rubbish in the first half certainly not the only one though. Cant complain about the penalty that really put us in the brown stuff. Took his goals well.

Thought he would be hungry to keep his place.....obviously not.

No Berbatov on the bench but a place for Scholes. Our Bulgarian wot be happy.

Hmm heard that rumour on Twitter but just thought it was someone causing trouble. Thought Fergie said we're going to use the option on his contract?

Be very strange if we sold him now unless either SAF wants to bring in someone or the Glazers upcoming interest payments need more funds

I don't blame Berbatov if he wants to leave. He's 31 at the end of the month and wants to play regular football befor he retires.

I don't blame Berbatov if he wants to leave. He's 31 at the end of the month and wants to play regular football befor he retires.

I agree at his age he wants to play more football and wouldn't blame him at all but all his recent comments are that he wants to stay. I don't his trip was transfer orientated myself and I would be surprised if he leaves before the summer

I find it hard to believe we'll sell him in January, summer is much more plausible. I wouldn't blame him if he did want to leave but as said by Crerand Legend the only reasons I could see the club wanting rid right now is if we were bringing in another striker or needed to meet interest payments.

Yesterday morning it was said he was in Frankfurt because of a flight transfer to Sofia. Apparently he's done that a few times. What he's going back to Sofia for, I don't know.

Was surprised Berbatov didn't start or come on. We missed a link between midfield and attack. Thought Welbeck struggled in the role and it could be the reason our attacks faltered. No Rooney and we need a goal in the last ten minutes but we still don't see Berbatov - I think he could leave in the summer, we may as well get him off the wage bill if he isn't going to be used.

Yeah, was thinking he may come on for Hernandez during the game. Seemed like someone we could have done with.

Yeah i agree. I quite like Dimi but he seems out of favour with Fergie so there seems no point in keeping him.

If we receive a decent offer in the summer it looks like he'll leave. That said though Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck are our only senior strikers other than Berbatov. Will Keane isn't ready and Macheda can't get into the Q.P.R squad so it could be a dilemma.

Could The Euros and The Olympics be a factor in Fergie's decision? Berbatov may be needed for the start of the season.

Yeah the euro's could be a factor. We saw the effects the Gold Cup had on Chicharito. It really disrupted his pre-season. Could be a decision between Macheda and Berba as to who stays and who goes.

I think Macheda's a goner now. Has had no luck with either loan move. I think Owen might be out too. I'd keep Berbatov.

Yeah same. I'd be surprised if Owen stayed beyond the summer. Depsite the situations if Macheda was good enough he'd have forced his way into contention at Samp and now at QPR.

Is Berbatov injured? Unless he features on Sunday it looks more and more likely he will leave in the summer.

I like Berba.. he is one of the most technically gifted players in the PL in my opinion. He seems to lack the desire, BUT.. so would I if my boss told me that every other week I was working then not then I was and so on and so on. Let him have a DECENT chance in the team, find a partnership and see what happens. That is all.

Starting to look like we'll be extending his contract by a year just to get a fee for him in the summer. Disagree with how he's been treated during his time at the club. What was the point in spending ÂŁ30m if we were going to treat him like this.

Berbatov is handling himself really well this season. The youths of the club could learn a thing or two

Lost among the jubilation, not sure why he didn't come on, really annoying. Understand keeping Rooney on as on course for a hat trick but could have come on for Hernandez.

Sir Alex on Berbatov: "He could play tomorrow but I have good options with front players. His contract situation is we will be taking up the renewal option on the contract, but having had chats with him, he wants to get first team football and we need to consider that at the end of the season. At the moment he remains at United. I'd listen to what he says. I think he's concerned he isn't getting enough first-team football but it's difficult for me to guarantee that. You can understand he wants that at 31. It may lead to him looking elsewhere."

Fergie's comments add to the thought Berbatov will leave in the summer.

Sir Alex on Berbatov: "He could play tomorrow but I have good options with front players. His contract situation is we will be taking up the renewal option on the contract, but having had chats with him, he wants to get first team football and we need to consider that at the end of the season. At the moment he remains at United. I'd listen to what he says. I think he's concerned he isn't getting enough first-team football but it's difficult for me to guarantee that. You can understand he wants that at 31. It may lead to him looking elsewhere."

Wouldn't be surprised if Sky's story uses these quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back