Berbatov Joins Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
£18m is tempting when you watch him in a sulk. However on his day he's almost unstoppable. I can't see us getting rid though. I'd happily take another goal return off him like last season.

I don't think we should sell him. We have a tough start to the season and without Hernandez available Berbatov may be required. United could always hold on to him until January transfer although me being a big Berbatov fan I hope we don't sell him, though the transfer fee would be significantly lower.

I know Berba can sometimes frustrate the life out of you but he's got more positives than negatives as far as i'm concerned.

Geoff, I was just building up the anticipation for my post :)

I was just going to say that he does have more positives than negatives like you said. I think Berbatov is subject to a lot of unfair criticism. I would hate to see what people would say if he played like Anderson

£18M for a 30 year old player it's a damn good offer. I'd be ok with that if that deal means more appearences for Welbeck and Macheda. But, even if this offer is real, I don't believe in Berba's exit. If he doesn't want to leave, he won't going anywhere.

I'd like him to stay but if we were to sign Sneijder that would make up for it tremendously, especially as we're lacking in midfield right now whilst the striker department is flooded.

PSG sporting director Leonardo told France Football: "I had Ferguson on the phone but he told me that he was counting on Berbatov and that he was not for sale."

Would love him to end his career with us.

Glad Fergie's put an end to all this nonsense! I like Berbs and while I know he divides opinion he gives us another option up front because of how he plays the game. I get the impression he's quite happy to stay with us even if he's not starting every week and if Rooney got injured, heaven forbid, we'd be in a bit of trouble. Rooney complements Hernandez's game and I don't think he'd be as effective without Rooney. So that would leave us with Owen, Macheda, Welbeck, Diouf... - nothing wrong with that but I just think we'd struggle to win the title with them being the main outlets. Bottom line we need Berbs!

Berbatov should have left in the summer. He will play against Leeds, won't he?

Part of me wishes he'd left, PSG would have offered anything over £20m and we'd have him off the wage bill. Seems mental to have a player of his calibre on the bench, earning that much money. He's not an impact player either, if he's not starting there's not much point in him being around. Feel very sorry for him.

I think i said it before on here, Berba was never going anywhere as far as i was concerned.

Welbeck's back in training this week I believe. Where you getting "3 strikers down" from anyway? It's just Hernandez injured and Welbeck... isn't it?

Berbatov did wel after coming on actually, made almost as many passes as Hernandez did in 79 minutes. Did what was necessary when the team is 3-1 up and there is 10 mins to go.

Why didn't he put the ball across goal ffs Nani would of tapped it in.

Time's come to sell him, rather have Welbeck, Diouf and Kiko get a chance now. Welbeck's surely no. 3 choice now, seems pointless to keep him around waiting for injuries to happen when it might help more if that chance were given to Diouf/Macheda??

Paddy meets Berbatov was good i've got a d/l link if anyone wants to watch it.

It was only Aldershot but Berba threw the gauntlet down tonight. "PICK ME FERGIE!". Deserves better than playing at Aldershot, i'd rather he left the club, it's embarrassing for him, he's too good to be a passenger.

Absolutely woeful, world away from his performance against Aldershot.

I didn't think he was that bad to be honest, he was average. Service wasn't great, partnership with Chicha didn't get going. Can't be easy not playing all the time. Big fan but I think we should have taken the money and run in the summer. Could have got £20m but now we'll get nothing. It was best for both parties.

I'd go along with jsnfrmn again. Didn't think he was that bad - but the showing is unlikely to push his claims for a starting spot. He got frustrated on more than occasion with Chicharito, who I thought was under-par again.

his overall contribution to the game was shite we all know he`s a lazy c..t and ive had enough of the average crap we seem to be sticking by he`s one of a number of players who are not up to the job ..its time to sharpen up and have a side that frighten the crap out of teams ...we arent doing this !

I've seen the quotes but lets be honest, SAF would have got rid in the summer if he was going to wouldn't he. If Berbatov forces the issue it is a different matter entirely, however you'd expect that he'd wait till the summer so that he gets a nice little pay out. He has a part to play in our season, the same way Giggs did last, largely toward the end of it.

I don't think we need him anymore seeming that he is 4th in the pecking order in attack after Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back