Benayoun going to Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Reports in Israel say Benayoun has signed a 4 year deal with Chelsea. Hardly a replacement for either Ballack or Cole.

bigger loss for Liverpool than people think imo, he's the next best talented player they had in midfield after Gerrard and Aquilani, did well for them..

Big loss for Liverpool, not a big gain for Chelsea. I thought they said they had 2 INFLUENTIAL players coming in to replace Cole and Ballack. Do Chelsea have the money they did 2-3 seasons ago. Roman's pockets seem to be emptying with little income aswell, I think he expected to have won the CL by now.

Ancellotti said he'd be giving 5 youngsters a squad no. for next season, some good one's too like Bruna and Kakuta, so not all bad for Chelsea, they have some really good players coming through.
Jack Cork and Van Aanholt also look very good..

we'll see how good they are if they get to the Carling Cup Final :D

Thought it was terrible of Chelsea last season to have Kakuta taking a penalty in a shhotout.

Sorry to bring this back up but I didn't want to start a new thread exclusively to discuss Chelsea but i've been talking to another United fan tonight about Chelsea and it seems that they are probably one of the teams worst off this summer. Their squad is becoming very bare and ageing. They've already seen the departures of Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti with only 1 incoming in Yossi Benayoun who is not young and is not exactly someone who would be a definite starter. Deco also seems to be close to leaving and there have been many rumours surrounding whether Ashley Cole and Ricardo Carvalho will remain at the Bridge. And then there's injuries, Petr Cech and Alex are already out for the start of the season and players such as Essien haven't exactly been injury free by any means over the last few years.

This doesn't look like the squad of Champions to me, and 3 of those could still leave. There's 21 players there, 3 of which are Goalkeepers and 3 of which have been rumoured to leave. There are only 5 Homegrown players (I believe in that list) and one of them Ashley Cole has been heavily linked with a move away from the media spotlight and Chelsea. Now they do have others who could fit into there homegrown players but are they ready to play for Chelsea? Players like Mancienne and Cork should be loaned out or sold as they deserve week in, week out football which they won't get at Chelsea.

Petr Cech
Ross Turnbull HG
Henrique Hilario
Alex
Jose Bosingwa
Branislav Ivanovic
Paulo Ferreira
Ricardo Carvalho
Ashley Cole HG
John Terry HG
Mikel John Obi
Michael Essien
Yuri Zhirkov
Florent Malouda
Frank Lampard HG
Deco
Yossi Benayoun
Salomon Kalou
Daniel Sturridge HG
Nicolas Anelka
Didier Drogba

Mr Abrahimovic seems to keeping his money tight though. Cutting the wage bill, bringing in Yossi Benayoun on a free. Their young side lost 3-1 to young Ajax team yesterday, so they're hardly that good although Ajax do have one of the best youth systems in Europe. Heard Chelsea's defence was terrible, Turnbull made a clanger in goal too which is a worry for them considering Cech is out and their backups are Turnbull and Hilario.
Strong XI but their squad is very bare.

so basically chelsea lost cole and got benayoun
and liverpool gained cole and lost benayoun

i wonder which team won in that deal

I think Chelsea have missed the crack here... Big time. Joe offers a lot more than Benayoun in my opinion.

Just read that Chelsea bought Benayoun for £5.5m, even if his wages are lower than Joe's they've probably paid more already for Benayoun than they would have paid Joe for 3-4 years. Failing to see the purpose of this, they've also lost a homegrown player in Joe. Mental.

Chelsea need at least 5 players for a good squad. Maybe more especially if Ashley Cole does leave.

David Luiz? Benfica right? Just got Ramires from there so it's possible. Is he good enough? I've heard good things, never seen him. Personally they need someone quick to compensate for slow man Terry. Is Luiz quick?

Abra not forthcoming with funds you reckon? He seems to have been hit hard by recession. They're cutting their wage bill.

David Luiz is not so quick, but he certainly is quicker than Terry. He's a quite strong, very technical, Could be a good signing to any club who needs a defender. But he's overpriced. Benfica wants £33M to sell him. Chelsea and Meja are interested in him.

He'll play against USA tonight.

£33m for an unproven defender? Top midfielders aren't even worth that. Can't see Chelsea in for that.

On the first page of this thread I talked of the weakness of depth in the Chelsea ranks. John Terry and Alex were both out on the weekend versus Sunderland and Chelsea struggled. Terry is now said to be out for "months" with nerve damage and Alex is said to be out for 8 weeks. Are we seeing Chelsea's lack of depth coming through now?

Zigic also for Birmingham I think could do a job on this defence. Birmingham away this weekend for them, Arsenal at home to Spurs, Shitty playing Fulham at the Cottage has draw written all over it. Could be a good weekend.

I believe Essien is still suspended and Lampard is out until December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back