Belgium / Martinez

IDFD

Just thought i'd mention this in case some of you didn't see it. Beglium vs Switzerland on Sunday. Switzerland needed to win by 2 clear goals to go through. Belgium went 2-0 up inside the first 20 minutes and cruising along. Meaning Switzerland needed 4 to go through. 3 of which they got before HT to lead 3-2 and then they got another 2 after the break to win the game 5-2 after being 2-0 down and proceed to the knockout stages.

People have always said Martinez is defensively naive and it's come back to bite him again.

Also Curtois. What a mare of a season he's having since making his move. Real Madrid fans want him dropped and then he concedes 5 in an hour against Switzerland.

Didn't see the game saw the result and couldn't really believe what I saw didn't know they'd gone 2-0 up that Swiss side are dangerous when they click doesn't happen very often but when they do they can rip you apart.

I know they were missing Vertonghen and Lukaku with injury and they're important players but that really is an unbelievable collapse. I read they were playing Chadli as a left wing back which probably says a lot about them currently he's been having a rough season at Monaco full back has been a problem area for them in recent years.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back