Bebe(He got the Goal BTW?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholesy18

Skysports.com said:
Manchester United's summer signing Bebe insists he is determined to grab his opportunity to impress in England with both hands.

The 20-year-old Portuguese forward was plucked from obscurity by manager Sir Alex Ferguson from Vitioria de Guimaraes following a fine pre-season with the club.

Bebe is proving his worth after scoring in back-to-back games after following up his Carling Cup goal against Wolves with a well-taken effort against Bursaspor on Tuesday.

The youngster was star-struck when he met his team-mates for the first time and although nerves got the better of him, he is not going to let his once-in-a-lifetime chance slip through his fingers.

Dreams
"Everybody dreams to come to Manchester United," he told Inside United magazine. "When I went to Old Trafford for the first time, I imagined myself playing there.

"I remember my first day of training. I could not believe it. I was sat in the dressing room and I looked around and saw so many famous players.

"I used to watch them on television and now I was there with them. It was nerve-racking for me. I think on my first day I wasn't even able to train properly.

"I always thought I would reach a big club but I never thought it would happen as quickly as this. Now I am here, I will do my very best to make the most of it.

"I want to play as well as I can and develop as well as I can to play for this club. That is my ambition."

Hairstyle
Bebe's dreadlocks did not go down well with manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who immediately joked that he should embrace a change of hairstyle - some advice he accepted.

"I met Sir Alex in England the day after I signed for the club," he continued. "He told me I had to learn English quickly and to go as fast as I could to the hairdresser and get my hair cut! It was like a joke. But I think he maybe meant it, too.

"I had a lot of difficulties in my childhood and had to go into a home when I was nine.

"Before that, I was living with my grandmother. But there were four of us brothers living with her and she had no means to care for us all. That is why I had to go into the home. I lived there until I was 20. When I left, it was to come to Manchester."

So 2 goals in two games eh? Not a bad start. What do you reckon the future holds for him? He's quite raw but nothing a full season or so with us won't deal with. I think a huge part of possible success would be how good his left foot is - as it seems Nani, Obertan and Valencia all prefer the right.His power and pace are already something we can build on to make him a top player. He crosses the ball pretty well and is very good at beating his man but his strength and speed are really impressive.

There's certainly something there to work with - physically he's got no problems, he's well built and fecking quick. His touch isn't quite the horror show we were told it would be either. He might need time to come good consistently but he's showing that he has potential.

Was impressed with his bursts of pace and his strength, but his crossing was ridiculous.

his crossing was one of his better attributes, but it was absolutely shocking yesterday.
But he did show excellent pace and strength. bit worrying that he kept losing track of the ball when he started dribbling?
Needs to work a lot, will be at least a season before we can judge him properly, never got proper coaching in his younger days

There's an obvious language barrier there, once he learns English a bit more, he'll learn more and will be able to communicate with the other players during the game, yesterday the players were having to point out to him where they wanted him to go and where the ball was going, and when he wasn't looking, the ball was given away. His crossing was completely aimless yesterday though, I have no explanation for it. He does live with Ando so maybe he's got a touch of the shits or whatever this virus is, that's my only explanation.

The potential i can see with Bebe is... well... awesome... i can see him becoming a legendary player

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's nothing wrong with his crossing it's just that the pitch is too small

There's nothing wrong with his crossing it's just that the pitch is too small

haha. It just needs a bit of work. He's only been at the club a few months, he don't even know English yet, once he's learnt the language the coaches will be able to give him more advice on his game. This kid is going to be class.

he looked to be our best chance of a goal last night... it must have been an injury or something...

Did Bebe even know what snow is by the way? haha, must have learnt a bit from that. Did you notice how a lot of the players were wearing short sleeved shirts out there by the way. I reckon Fergie's trying to toughen them up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back