Bayern Boss ~ Thiago No Chance but Boateng Maybe

Bayern official Rummenigge reported to have said Utd offered Martial as part of a deal for Boateng but Bayern not interested as they don’t need players in his position but are open to offers

He’s said United are interested but some feels he’s just trying to get PSG to make an offer as they’ve been sniffing around Boateng but not yet made an offer.

Given Utd have been looking for a CB you feel if he was a genuine target they’d have wrapped it by now at the price Bayern want €55m according to reports with his injuries I think it’s way to big a gamble.

Boateng is really not what we need. Injury prone and as slow as a battleship. At least Mina, if we did get him is young, fast and has potential.

I really wish we'd just meet Tottenham at their £50m valuation for Alderwierald and be done with it.

I think, and hope, this will happen. The player himself is saying he wants to join us now, I think it will be an 11pm deadline deal. At least he would be an older head to show his experience to the younger guys. Maguire wouldn't bring that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Feels like there’s a lot of nonsense being written as everyone knows Utd are in the hunt for a CB.

Bayern apparently are desperate to sell him this window so this sounds like the sort of story designed to get interest or smoke out those who are interested.

I don't know why people don't like this as a signing. He's a really good defender, excellent on the ball and tons of experience. He's a lot lot better than Maguire and for a lot less money. Plus it allows Bailly and Lindelof to gain another year of EPL experience and hopefully become the future.

Can’t see it. I know there is a little bit of time left in the window for Bayern but if they sell Boateng to us then they are left with only Hummels and Sule who I would class as top centre backs, they have Alaba and Martinez as backs up but I would imagine they would want to keep him.

I guess a lot of the negativity about the signing comes from the fact he has been injured a fair amount and he’s not as good as he once was. Plus we have been burned before with Schweini and Falcao who were clearly past their best.

Boateng would bring great experience and I wouldn’t be gutted about the signing but I wouldn’t be jumping for joy either.

I don't know why people don't like this as a signing. He's a really good defender, excellent on the ball and tons of experience. He's a lot lot better than Maguire and for a lot less money. Plus it allows Bailly and Lindelof to gain another year of EPL experience and hopefully become the future.

Why are they getting rid of him?

2 years of injuries have robbed him of a bit of his speed and you can’t rely on him.

4 years ago this lad was one of the best in the business no doubt but my worry is we’re signing another Schweni guy who’s coming for a payday and his injuries mean he’s not the guy he was at his very best.

Of the 3 candidates I’d go Alderwiereld, Maguire then Boateng.

Why are they getting rid of him?

2 years of injuries have robbed him of a bit of his speed and you can’t rely on him.

4 years ago this lad was one of the best in the business no doubt but my worry is we’re signing another Schweni guy who’s coming for a payday and his injuries mean he’s not the guy he was at his very best.

Of the 3 candidates I’d go Alderwiereld, Maguire then Boateng.

I don't dispute that he's not the player he was. He's older with injuries taking their toll. He's also better than what we have and his experience could be important. At this point in the summer this team isn't going to compete for the title given the team we have. So build for the future and let younger players learn and develop.

I don't dispute that he's not the player he was. He's older with injuries taking their toll. He's also better than what we have and his experience could be important. At this point in the summer this team isn't going to compete for the title given the team we have. So build for the future and let younger players learn and develop.

Is he really one to learn from? How many season did he have at his peak 3 maybe 4.

To me he’d stink of a panic buy not well thought out just Woodward and the club scrambling to get a big name defender to try and give the manager something.

Signing him over Alderwiereld is signing a player who has been getting worse year after year as opposed to someone getting better every year.

I tend to agree if he’s the only one we can get then just save the 40m and find a better way of spending it either in January or more likely next summer.

So apparently in the German media says Boateng has rejected us. However the English media are saying Boateng wants to come and we want him on loan.

For what it’s worth taking Boateng on loan and then getting Alderweireld on a free next year wouldn’t be the worst.

I'd probably go with the German media they're likely a lot more ITK when it comes to Bayern & Boateng than the English press.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back