Bale

redredred

I see there is talk of Gareth Bale coming to United! Do we really want or need him now?

I think the ship has sailed to be honest. Would be 30 by the time the next season comes around - obviously not old but Madrid would want silly money still and injuries seem to have lost him a little bit of zip. For a reasonable price I think I could be persuaded but how much would he cost? You would imagine still £90m plus?

Also do we need him? Not so sure.

Personally I don't think I would touch him. Unless we could get him for silly money, 20 million and 150k a week wages. We have a good team spirit going on at the moment, we don't want another alexis on our hands.

He's on £650k a week or something mad like that and he's only fit 50% of the time which is why Madrid want shot of him he's an awesome player but his time has been and gone I hope we aren't the ones who bite on this one.

Unless he lowers his wage demands he isn't going anywhere anytime soon that contract is just to good to walk away from.

Would be another Sanchez. Need to bring players in that are hungry to win trophies not aging Real Madrid cast-offs that have won 4 Champions League titles, they have no motivation left those players. Van Persie was at the wrong end of his career but his desperation to win a league title made him a successful signing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A few years ago, absolutely. Now? I think he'd be too expensive and we wouldn't get the years out of him.

no need for him, where is he going to play, when fit?

I'd be furious with Ed if he bought him, it would mean he's learnt nothing.

Did you watch Real last night ? I would swap him for Sanchez but thats about it ...doesnt look like he used to to me.

no need for him, where is he going to play, when fit?

I'd be furious with Ed if he bought him, it would mean he's learnt nothing.

He'd play right of the front 3 which was his best position in his prime but that prime is gone and he's more of a centre forward now if we are going to play the diamond formation we could play him alongside Rashford which I think might get the best from him.

However, the injuries/wages make it to much of a gamble we shouldn't be going anywhere near him still a world class player when fit but past his prime and his body is struggling to handle it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back