Bailly and Rojo to leave in January?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would be sad to see Bailly go, not because I think he’s done anything amazing here but you can see the potential but once things go bad he’s rash and insanely frenetic. I would like to see him given another little run but I think Jose has lost faith.

On Rojo, you know what I wouldn’t mind if we bring him into the side, I think we lack a little bit of aggression. We seem to have a bunch of wet flannels right now. Someone asked me the other day which former legend would you want to see back in the side. I guess the main answer would be Ronaldo or someone in the ilk of Scholes but actually we crave someone like Keane who will knock some heads together and show some leadership out there.

They should keep Bailly and let a new manager assess whether they have a place for him. He's had a lot less opportunities than Smalling and Jones yet those two clowns are still here.

Think it's time to be ruthless if Bailly isn't going to be considered get him out get the money in and invest it in a player the manager does want same with Rojo get two out this year get 1 in would be ideal. Can then work on upgrading the chuckle brothers that whole defence needs rebuilt.

Rojo did well at CB for a good stretch until he got injured, I can't understand why he hasn't had a look in since. Like Mr C said he adds some mUCH needed aggression. A pairing of him and Bailly and him would be good if they could knock the errors and stupidity out of both their games, plus both staying fit. But therein lies the problem for both of them.

I'd guess we could get £60m for the pair of them which would buy a choice CB.

Looks like Rojo never really recovered from that injury I think he rushed himself back and hasn't really looked fully fit since.

The decision to give him a new deal was an odd one at the time as the club had added Lindelöf that summer but I think Mourinho liked him and say some leadership qualities as he'd had a good run with Bailly in our Europa League run in that first season.

Ever since he came back he's looked a bit overweight and seems to be in and out with niggles which isn't uncommon after an injury like that.

The stories are we had an offer from Wolves in the summer for Rojo that we were prepared to accept but he didn't want to risk joining a newly promoted team and was prepared to wait from offers form clubs in Europe who had European football to offer those offers never came so he ended up staying.

My worry with Bailly is he made the move to Utd to quickly he didn't have a lot of first team experience when he came and he doesn't seem to have a manager who's prepared to be patient with him as he develops. There's a few other stories about him returning late from international duty a few times and maybe not being prepared to play through the pain barrier which really annoys Mourinho as he's dropped out of games at the last minute a few times with injury/illness. Under Mourinho he will give you chances if you play by his rules and do as you're told it seems the penny on that hasn't quite dropped for Bailly there's definitely a player in there but he needs someone with him to guide him and I think Rojo did that role in his first season.

January could well be a crazy month for transfers. Sanchez is rumoured to be wanting a way out, as is Pogba. As discussed above Bailly and Rojo could be going, along with Phil Jones and Smalling who I'm sure Utd will not want to leave for nowt in the summer. Mata and Herrera will surely be offered new contracts??

How can a club like Utd be running down contracts without selling or renewing earlier? The likes of Jones and Smalling will be worth bugger all in January anyway.

My guess for January is nothing comes in and if we're lucky Darmian gets sold can't see much else getting done.

In terms of new contracts I imagine there's plenty going on and the players and their representatives will all be playing each other off against each other reluctant to sign a new deal until they see what the others are getting. I assume most of the players who need contracts want to stay but after January their bargaining power increases although the club did stand firm with Fellaini last season he signed the same offer in the summer he had in January according to the reports.

If it was up to me I'd let Jones contract run down and let him go bite the bullet on that one if we give him a new deal on decent wages we aren't going to be able to sell him because of those wages.

We maybe have to take a similar stance with Mata as he's a luxury in this squad and he'll be on good wages.

There's Young and Valencia on the renewal list as well at least 1 of them should be let go this season.

Valencia has a 1 year extension that will probably be activated but that will mean we can sell him in summer and get a fee.

Can't see Darmian going until summer either as he is in the same boat.

The big thing with transfers is, if Jose does sign a player or 2 i think that means he will be here beyond the summer, if he doesn't it could look like curtains for him, though it is difficult to sign players in january.

We need to be looking for young star players (21-24 yrs old not teenagers) from the like of the teams who have been knocked out of the UCL, not BIG star names in January.

Herrera can also have his contract extension triggered I believe

Think the Herrera one was has already been done for this season it's hard to tell with these 1 year option things in contracts as one minute they're a bosman the next they're not.

From memory it's De Gea & Martial who are currently on contracts where we have the 1 year option to trigger to take them from this summer to next summer but the club are trying to negotiate longer contracts with both.

Looking at that list and their respective ages I’d keep De Gea Martial and let the rest go.

Yes it leaves us ridiculously short. Our defence would be Delot Tuanzebe Rojo Bailly Lindelof Fosu Mensah Shaw

But those players aren’t good enough for us to push on and renewing their contracts just keeps us on this plane of overbloated overpaid average players.

Young and Valencia. They’re done. Smalling and Jones solid not spectacular both older than the Fosu Mensah Bailly and Lindelof who all could improve. Herrera he’s 29 would be perfectly suited to another 2 years but he’ll want 4 and do we really want to be paying a 32/33 his wages to do nothing? Same with Mata.

It all depends what people want for me I'd try to give Smalling & Herrera 2 year extensions on similar wages to what they currently earn and if I was pushed Young a 1 year deal as he's still performing at an ok level and covers both RB & LB but we really need Dalot to be ready to start next season. None of these boys will be taking a step up if they leave Utd the only way is down for them so I think they'd take the deals.

De Gea & Martial obviously need to be tied down to long term deals if not they have to be sold this summer.

Valencia, Darmian and Jones need to be allowed to leave on free transfers as their contribution is minimal these days.

I'd probably cash in on Fosu-Mensah if we can he's not showing enough on these loan spells to convince me he'll ever make it Tuenzebe seems to be doing much better even if it is only in the Championship.

I'd probably consider selling Bailly to raise some money if it meant we could get a to quality centre back in his prime like Liverpool did with Van Dijk.

Easy enough saying that, he turned down down the chance to go to Wolves when an offer was on the table (I'm sure that was a politically motivated offer due to the agents involved) and it would take a crazy club to offer him the wages he gets at Utd alone, without even factoring in the injuries he constantly has.

He turned down Wolves because he didn't want to join a club that weren't established in the Prem I also think it was reported if he had to leave he wanted a club playing European football.

I quite like Rojo but injuries mean if we've got the chance to move him on he's got to go same for Jones you just can't rely on them.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back