Australian Open 2018

Berba_God

Tough one to call this year. Lots of injuries and withdrawals for one reason or the other.

With no Serena in the women's draw it will be as open as ever. I wouldn't be surprised if Sharapova makes a deep run. Angelique Kerber seems to have hit some form of late too. Svitolina and Halep should also be in the mix.

Federer is the favourite in the men's but he has the tougher draw. Djokovic is always dangerous in Australia. I think Kyrigios and Zeverev will have good tournaments. Nadal will no doubt be in the mix come the back of the tournament too.

I think I need to see the form after the first week. So hard to watch with the time of play though.

Andreas Seppi. Both had tough give setters in the heat today. He's a tricky player Seppi and it won't be easy match but Edmund has a good chance of making it to the quarterfinals. Much will depend on his recovery. Not good to have two five set matches so early on in a grand slam. Plus Edmund doesn't have much experience of going deep in a grand slam.

Nadal has got the easiest draw going. Can only see Kyrgios perhaps beating him in the semis. But I have a feeling Nadal will be in the final.

The bottom half of the draw is so top heavy with Del Potro, Djokovic, Zeverev and Federer all present.

I have been impressed with Del Potro and he could be the danger guy in that part of the draw. If results go their way he and federer would meet in the quarterfinals. Tough one for Federer to come through with then the prospect of Djokovic or Zeverev in Semifinal.

Djokovic is playing well despite the injury lay off. But I fancy Zeverev to perhaps pip that quarterfinal.

Odds have to suit Nadal because of the draw.

Good match on tomorrow between Kerber and Sharapova. If Sharapova wins that I can see her making it all the way with her sheer determination and the mentality/games of the other women left in the draw.

Kyle did so well again. Was down a set and break.

Next up either Kyrigios or Dimitrov.

I think Kyrigios is beatable, if you get up on him he beats himself. Whereas I've seen little of Dimitri to gauge so whilst not being British I think it would be best if Edmunds had Kyrigios next. Fair play to Kyle though, has taken his time with improving but quarters at a Grand Slam is not to be sniffed at.

The pressure has got to Dimitrov in this tournament with being seeded 3 and being on the show courts in his own right as opposed to playing one of the top guys.

Dimitrov is up a set against Kyrigios at the moment.

Edmund and Dimitrov played the other week. Edmund did take a set but ultimately retired.

Djokovic out.
Yeah was clearly struggling with a recurrence or his elbow injury but take nothing away from Chung, a wonderful result for him.

Also Sandgren beating Thiem too is a surprising result. I’m not sure if they are on opposite sides of the draw but if they are then this is all set for a Nadal vs Federer final I would say.

Yeah was clearly struggling with a recurrence or his elbow injury but take nothing away from Chung, a wonderful result for him.

Also Sandgren beating Thiem too is a surprising result. I’m not sure if they are on opposite sides of the draw but if they are then this is all set for a Nadal vs Federer final I would say.

I think Berdych will be a real threat to Federer next round. He dispatched Del Potro at will in the third round and Berdych has has knocked out Fed a few times before.

Yep Djokovic was struggling with injuries/fitness. It was good to see that Chung went for it. I have never seen him play before. No one would have predicted the quarter he now has.

Edmund beats Dimitrov in four sets! Great stuff

Nadal might as well skip to the final.

Tough tough final for Federer. His results probably don't reflect his level at play. His backhand is not as consistent as last year and he has been slow to start in some matches with a low first serve percentage.

Cilic is a big hitter and Federer won't have time to warm into the match. Cilic blew him off the court in three easy sets in the semis of the US Open a few years ago.

A fresh Cilic will also be a different prospect to the tired and injured Cilic in the Wimbledon final.

A stressful Sunday awaits for me!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back