Attacking CM: Buy World Class or give Cleverly a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalegute

Just sat down the other day and looked at who could take the step up from the reserves next season...

I guess most of us agree we need a new creative CM. Scholes will pull the strings one more season but is that enough?
Many will argue we need to buy, and buy big, buy world class. I have been watching Tom Cleverly all season and recently
had the this idea.

If we keep him and OT next year. Give him a couple of chances. Let him stay close to scholes and let him learn for the best!
I truly believe this guy is our future. It hasn't happend in midfield since beckham, scholes and giggs came through but this is
our best opportunity in recent years. I personally feel we should take it. Let him at least try. He was given a chance in
preseaons last year and did good. This year he really made a name for himself and was named Player of the Year.

Is this just wishful thinking or could this really happen? Please give me your view:) I tend to get to hung up on our young talent...

I'm just affraid that a big name signing would stop the progress of to many of our young players. Maybe not the first years but if we buy big,
the likes of cleverly and anderson will be further down the line for a both a start and a place on the bench.

If we buy we would have giggs, park, nani and then maybe cleverly on the left....nr. 4: would give him few chances..
in cm we have giggs, park, scholes anderson/cleverly ...again to many options to give him a fair chance. What do you guys think?
Would he get enough chances? he might take a step back if he doesn't play enough...

I believe he need to take a chance on him, but maybe its to soon. Wait until next year?

Buy a World Class AM but give Cleverley and others a chance too. I think Carrick will go this summer. Scholes and Giggs are getting on.

Yes sell Carrick & Park buy Modric or Cole & let the youngsters fill the bench. This plan will only work with Hargreaves being fit, Valencia plays centre mid for his country as well we have good option in the Centre it just taking the chances!

Just read a good shout about a Utdfans wishlist for the summer.

Neuer, Milner & Dzeko. How but this for a solution. I'm afraid our young guns won't get enough on-pitch minutes but if we think two,three years ahead.
Wouldn't a minler/cleverly combo for the attacking CM role be ideal. Both british and both can chip in with goals,...

Think dzeko could really shine with nani and valencia on the flanks and rooney doing his usual thing.
All of them, milner, neuer and dzeko are 24, this would really improve our av. age if we sell foster, carrick and vDs puts his gloves on the shelf..

Dzeko winning me the Champions League in my first season of Football Manager with United is all the convincing I need that we should buy him...haha, pure class.
And Football Manager is also enough to convince me that Carrick should go. How dare he hand in a transfer request. :x haha just joking. I think he needs a new challenge, he's gone as far as he can with us. Hasn't been on it in the business end of the season either.

Have seen him score lots of goals where he gets just ahead of the defender and slams it in. His is tall, strong and should cope with a more physical PL.
He can also be used to hold up the ball because he is big and strong. Not as elegant and skilled as berbatov, but then again, who is:) just imagin this line up in a years time or so...

First XI: Neuer - Rafeal Vidic? Evans Evra - Valencia Fletcher Milner Nani - Rooney Dzeko
Bench: A Keeper?:) Smalling, Fabio, Hargy, Cleverly, Obertan, Macheda

I'd love Dzeko at United. Admired him since I first heard his name after scoring for Bosnia in the qualifiers for the WC. Also, wouldn't have played at the WC so would be fit and raring to go at the start of the season if Rooney isn't.

Do you think Carrick will play much? Will he even go?

Wow boys dzeko? Do Spühlen realy mean dzeko from Wolfsburg? Hes a Good player but is he Good enogh for england? Dont know its hard to tell about dzeko but just because he got the goqpscorer of the year Here he Is Not 40m wourth... but with the right players around him he is pure class! Thats a fact ...

£40m? No one told me about that. Might be worth it but it would be a risk.

I don't think Wolfsburg are that up themselves to ask for that sort of money, unlike another German team...Bayern.

Think it would be a good signing for 20m. Really believe we will be alltid better off next year with milner at CM and cleverley on the Bench. I realise it might be too early for himnext season. I would really love for him to make it at OT!
How much do you guys believe we will spend in the summer? Who will be sold?

Very hard to predict with such questions like... Do we have the transfer funds? Does Fergie see any value this summer? Who will be interested in our players?

All will be revealed.

As Fergie says, people don't realise we've already spent nearly £20m for summer signings. I think it would be a mistake to not buy a star centre mid. I feel we can cope in other areas.

According to BBC, it's a done deal...£4m. Would have thought we could have got more.

Dzeko did very well ... he had ups and downs but in the end very good goals and top of the goalscorer list ... i like him but i dont know if he is good enogh for the premier league...

I think our strikers would have a easier time if we had a good attacking CM who could spread quality passes. Scholes has done it alot this year but he can't play 38 games. More like 20. Would berbatov come good if we had a better midfield. He would not have to drop so deep. we need a box to box player, i think we either buy big in midfield and young (includes dzeko) up front or we buy a world class striker and stick with what we got in midfield (cleverley, gibson, anderson)..

hope anderson makes it. He has real talent. the only thing I know is, it will be one hell of a silly season!

Really hope we can see some of our your CM get a good season next year. Fletch has really take a bit step the last couple of seasons and it would be great if we could use giggs and scholes' last season to get the youngsters closer to a starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back