Aston Villa v. Man Utd., Sept 12 (A)

Cosmic Slop

This is on MUTV. I can't find a thread for this match, please delete if it's out there already.

First thought is this 3rd kit is growing on me.
Second thought is, I really miss an actual crowd.

So just now the start of the 2nd half. 1st half we moved the ball really well. We put in a few dangerous crosses but no one got on the end of them. McTominay did really well, looks like he's been practicing his close control. TF-M has done well at CB. DVDB is looking very much like a Scholes type of player. So far it looks like he's had 100% accuracy with everything he's tried, great link play, great touches. Ighalo has held up play well too. Shaw has been showing a lot of attacking intent. In their half most of the game. Lingard had two shots on target, both well saved.

Negatives: Rashford has been poor and has given the ball away several times. He's not looking threatening. I would be excited about Dan James if he was in our U18 squad, because he looks like he's got the potential, he just doesn't look like a first team player at the moment. James and Shaw have no understanding yet. Maguire had a nap for their goal, completely left his man and was out of position, and it was one of those where the blame can't be shared. 100% Maguire's fault.

Our team without Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno would be struggling in the league, even though we are dominating Villa (while still losing).

Cosmic Slop

We lost 1-0.

Lots of kids featured including Galbraith, Mengi, and Elanga. Garner was on the bench but didn't play. Second half was not very exciting. Jack Grealish ran the show.

Shoot

Good to see some youngsters got a run out. Ole has high expectation of Mengi and he clearly also considers TFM to be good enough so I have never understood others belief that we would be in for a CB

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now