Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the most glaring thing is his tendency to want to come onto his right - it's something that he did almost every time he had the ball. Ironically his best cross of the match came with his left foot which Macheda headed over.

But in saying that, very few of his crosses were blocked or failed to find the central area - so despite the fact that he might appear predictable, he looks really tough to stop.

Really excited to see him improve and progress here.

Quick feet, 2 footed, would have liked to have seen him go on his left more though as he has got a good left foot which he showed a few times. Corners were great, got the ball in the right area everytime.

I just thought it was nice to see more of an attacking threat down the left, last season was terrible down the left, I think this affected Evra too, I think Evra will love having Young with him down the left.

He worries defenders when he's on the ball, you can see it.

Always a good thing.

Great freekick for the 1st goal combines well with Evra.

Also very good performance. Set pieces improved with him arriving, I think Nani's improved too.

Young to me looks like he's been playing for us for years!

I loved the way our front 4/6 were interchanging throughout the game, love that. Very fluid. Very sexy football. Football taught by Matt Busby.

Had a quiet first half when he looked a bit overawed (it also has something to do with his face: he kinda looks unsure of himself), but grew into it in the second half. A good addition to the first team, though not necessarily ahead of Valencia and Park yet and definitely not Nani.

Young to me looks like he's been playing for us for years!
Doesn't it? Looks like that to me as well.He has settled in very comfortably.His set-pieces were good.the one he set-up Smalling was pinpoint precision.It's finally good to have someone do that job for you and also let Nani focus more on other aspects of his game!

article20256840d6b64130.jpg

The first one is pretty much last week's lineup with a few changes. The 2nd... he's not a central midfielder for one, he played in the same role Rooney played in last season. The 3rd one has Young probbably in his best position but Fletcher on the right... he can play there but he won't play there unless there's injuries. The 4th one has Sneijder and i'm not sure i'd include Park on the right in my dream team, no offence to him.

So basically... Daily Fail.

He was our biggest and deservedly won man of the match. His crossing when he cut inside was hit and miss in my eyes.

Great link up with Rooney. His predictability cutting inside all the time made the space for the last goal as he did the opposite to what he did all match.

icccwjTAk.gif

A very good league debut for Young, very direct and looked to get forward at every opportunity. He's going to be a huge success in my opinion.

Young has settled well in the team and he looks really happy to be part of a team that it is challenging for trophies

A lot were sceptical, i'm glad I wasn't one. Not sure if assists count for own goals but if they do that's 3 for him already, he's made a very bright start. Long may it continue. Loving the fact we've got more of an attacking outlet on the left aswell as the right this season.

I mean for me Young was always a good player at Villa.

I think a couple of us said it in different threads here on the forum, he's only going to improve playing with better players and he's shown evidence of it already. It's a no brainer really.

Capello must be licking his lips with the partnership with Rooney. Young playing off Rooney for England? I'd play him on the left.

Best left winger England have had in years. I can't remember the last actually.

Good league debut from him, no doubt. He was so comfortable yesterday that our tactics were simply "give it to Ashley" and most of our good moves were on the left. It didn't help that Nani had a stinker yesterday but at least Ashley could provide a similar threat.

I think we'll be giving the ball out to Ashley a lot this season.

Getting better each game him and Nani were all over the place.

Looked a right livewire when I saw him, couldn't tell where he was going half the time.

Outstanding again. I have to eat my hat on this one because I never forseen him being half as good a signing as he has proven to be. I remember Gambit saying back when we were linked earlier in the year that Young and Nani's movement and changing of positions would cause defenders all sorts of problems and that has proved to be the case. Their movement today gave Arsena'ls defence a great deal of problems and also created a lot more space for Rooney. I remeber Geoff saying that Young would improve around better players and he's dead right. Great start to his United career, long may it continue

That's right.

I said it on here a while back, we all knew that Young had plenty of ability at Villa so it was always likely he was going to improve playing with better players.

Well in my opinion anyway! lol

Somewhere in this forum you will be able to find a post from me saying that I wasn't that impressed with him signing but so far he has made me eat my words. He has been fantastic and I really hope he continues on in the same way for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back