Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Young is more suited to our system. I remember Fergie saying something in the summer that the players input is very important when deciding on potential transfers so I'd imagine they had a word in his ear from witnessing him first hand at England duty. As you say Young had a great start so hopefully now he's over his injuries he can recapture that form, especially with Tony V out.

I was begging Young to put in the perfect cross and thankfully he delivered. Thought he did well when he came on. His stats are okay and he's got more to give.

Thought he changed the game when he came on, did very well, hope he can get playing more regularly now and playing better.

I'd written an article about the importance of Young and why he isn't an average player as so many label him. wrote that as a guest writer for a United blog. He did exactly what I knew was coming from him and is going to come a lot more of.

Was going to say the same. Two great goals - first one was actually really well taken. Apart from that he was quiet - like the rest of the team really.

Personally think he grew in confidence as the game went on, looked more of a threat. Hopefully he'll stay free of injury and continue to improve.

He was OK tonight, with Nani back i'd imagine he'll lose his place though as I think Nani is better, offering more both defensively and offensively. Will perhaps be rejuvenated now too after having a little break.

Super goal from Young. He was just what we needed from the bench last night - we were getting into great positions but nobody was pulling the bloody trigger and shooting. Hopefully gives him confidence to kick on for the next few games.

Young has won two penalties in the last week. The wrong decision was made against QPR but today Halsey make the correct decision. The dive was theatrical but there was definite contact.

Yes. There's contact. Thing that annoys was that he probably didn't need to go down and could have scored or created.

Thought Young was excellent yesterday, he was my man of the match. I liked his drive and urgency.

Overall, Young has been pretty good in his first season. He struggled for a period due to injuries but when he's had an extended run in the team he's done well.

He'll be the one they all blame..... which is a shame as there were FAR worse people out there.... Milner & Henderson being two that come to mind

He was horrific and offered nothing. We've seen it a few times though.

Had an alright/good season for us last season, been one of England's best players before the Euros. Dreadful in all 4 games though. History suggests though he'll come back stronger. Becks, Scholes, Rooney, Ronaldo... Young is not on any of their levels though.

I'm still not convinced he can cut it at the very top level as he dissapears in games for long periods.

Think it's harsh some of the criticism he's had this tournament he's played ok and had to do a lot more defending that he normally would because England are so deep that we've encouraged opposition full backs to go forward. When he plays at Utd it's normally us on the front foot so he doesn't really have to get back and he can pin his man back.

Personally I don't rate him that highly he had an alright season at Utd but I still think it was an odd signing at the time considering he cost us ÂŁ16m I think he was over priced but that's not his fault.

Yeah I agree. If he wasn't English I don't think we would have bought him.

I agree mostly with jsp, think some of the criticism he's received during the Euro's has been over the top. He hasn't been used to his strengths, when he's cut inside he's seldom had attacking options infield, Parker, Gerrard and Milner have sat back like they expect him to do it all himself. I also think Cole has been reluctant to offer the over lap, probably on orders from Woy. I think a lot of Youngs defensive work has been good considering he's an attacking winger, helped out Cole significantly.

I do think ÂŁ16million doesn't get you a top top winger these days. You either sign a youngster with potential or a 2nd level player like Young. He can do a job and when he's on form he's a very good player but that's not often enough.

Started well for us last season, faded around the time he was injured, then finished the season strongly.

For a year before the Euros, he'd been Englands best player. However, without a doubt Englands worst player through the four games at the Euros.

I think Young prefers to be behind the striker for England, with United he links well with Evra, but he doesn't link well with Cole.

Started well for us last season, faded around the time he was injured, then finished the season strongly.

For a year before the Euros, he'd been Englands best player. However, without a doubt Englands worst player through the four games at the Euros.

Pretty much agree with this. He finished the season very strongly - he was starting ahead of Nani on merit in Fergie's view. If the wingers are rotated and he achieves 10-15 goals and 10-15 assists he will have had a very good season.

My main frustration with him is that he's barely involved in games for long periods you don't even notice he's there as every time he gets the ball he falls down but what he does give you is a pretty prolific finisher both inside and outside the box. Young doesn't miss many chances and when they fall to him he seems to bury quite a few of them so for 80 minutes you sit there thinking where the f*ck has Young been all game then all of a sudden ball arrives at the back post and he puts it in the goal.

Think the injury unsettled him a bit last season he'd started really well and Utd played some tasty looking slick passing football which suits him when the game is slowed down as it became in the second half of the season he struggles. He's not very good at taking a man on so he plays in front of teams a he rarely goes past his man down the outside on to his left he much prefers coming in on his right and either letting off shots of whipping balls to the back post.

I think towards the end of the season he was picked out on the left ahead of Nani because Nani is useless out on the left on the right he's twice the player he is on the left despite being genuinely 2 footed I've never really understood that one.

Hopefully if he can stay fitter next season he'll add a bit more consistency to his game next season and being at Utd he obviously wont have to do as much defending as we have 2 English CM's who can pass a football and keep possession and that's not including Cleverley.

Pretty much agree with this. He finished the season very strongly - he was starting ahead of Nani on merit in Fergie's view. If the wingers are rotated and he achieves 10-15 goals and 10-15 assists he will have had a very good season.

Good point about if he can achieve those levels, but it annoys me how people cannot understand the contribution Nani makes to a game - he's managed plenty of assists, goals scored at crucial times... Oh we know he can be frustrating, but he's one of the rare players who can beat a player with skill rather than speed (sometimes twice....) but to me it's his presence when he cuts inside and down the middle - his skill and speed worries defenders and his ability to strike a ball is second to none. Something that (me personally) think that Youngie just is second....

Faults stick like mud and no matter how much a player improves they cannot shake off their previous tags. Yeah, Nani can still be frustrating, most wingers are, but he's more consistent than he was. Nani is a match winner.

Young had a decent first season, which Hexagram summed up perfectly. His showing at Euro 2012 shouldn't cloud the issue. When he had an extended run in the team his showings were of an acceptable standard.

Fergie: "Young will start training while the internationals are on, particularly in the second week, and could at a stretch be back for the Stoke game."

Good news. Need to get more out of him when he's back to full fitness.

Good news for sure. The more players we can get back fit the better. I think we've missed Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back