Ashley Young | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Manchester United - 31st January 2018

He shouldn't be playing at full back in big away games.

I have no idea why Shaw was replaced with Young in the side, Shaw was finally getting a good run and getting some decent form and he’s just hooked. Young is decent going forward but he still looks like a man out of position in the big games.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool - 10th March 2018

Faced criticism last few weeks and people have criticised Mourinho for playing him over Shaw but he was motm today for me. A lot of players have struggled with Salah this season and Young totally shut him out

Best game in months from Youngy

I was worried Salah would run riot but Young didn't give them a sniff. Mourinho's decision to play Rashford certainly helped too mind with him helping out more than anyone else would but also keeping Arnold occupied too.

Probably MOTM.

FA Cup Semi-Final: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21st April 2018

He was pretty poor.

We've all collectively said it on here hundreds of times we need new full backs both sides. Saw that today again. Thought him and Valencia struggled and everything was a recovery tackle or needed Sanchez to help cover. Pacey dynamic full backs and we will be a force next season.

Was surprised Shaw didn't even make the bench. It was very obvious Spurs were targeting Young as the weak point. Valencia looks very uncomfortable too.

As you say, 2 decent full backs will transform us i think

Was surprised Shaw didn't even make the bench. It was very obvious Spurs were targeting Young as the weak point. Valencia looks very uncomfortable too.

As you say, 2 decent full backs will transform us i think

I assume he went for Darmian because he can play both sides which gives him more options. He was never going to change his full backs for tactical reasons it would only be because of injury.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If Young starts next season as first choice left back, I may cry.

Said this before but Ive got a feeling we will get a LB and Valencia and Young will rotate at RB as Tony clearly can't play every game anymore. At least Young can cross a ball, something Tony has forgotten how to do.

Would be madness if he plays 50 games next season he’s done a decent job filling in at full back.

Happy for him to remain part of the squad and he’s a good sub as he can cover 4 positions either full back and both wings but he should not be starting for us next season. If he is then the club haven’t done their job properly in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back