Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admire his confidence. Always looks for the ball and tries to make things happen, not always to great effect but he never lets it effect him. Has been one of our better players recently.

Seems to have regained confidence in his left foot, using it more often recently. He was less predictable at Villa and in his first season with us. His crossing from the right was quite poor though.

Newcastle United - 26/12/2014

Excellent in defence and attack. Unlucky not to pick up an assist I think.

Top performance. His crossing was very good.

The Young and Falcao partnership could be a productive goal scoring combination.

I like Young. He may not be a world beater, but he has shown great fight and clearly enjoys playing for the club.

Van Gaal's comments suggest he'd prefer proper full backs and a back 4 but it's hard to drop Young right now.

His right footed in-swinging crosses were causing a lot of problems, and he should have done it more.

Was one of his best games I thought, went missing at LB a couple of times, but as it isn't his natural position, he can be forgiven a little

Swansea City - 21/2/2015

I missed the game. I hear Young had a positive impact when he came on?

Shaw was effective too but Young was less unpredictable, going down the line or cutting in.

Young was excellent I thought. Was our main outlet in the second half and Swansea struggled to deal with him, his introduction coincided with our dominant spell. His crossing was causing all sorts of problems and should have really lead to a goal.

Sunderland - 28/2/2015

Best form since his debut season. Looks less predictable, refound confidence in his left foot. Seems to have gained some pace, maybe he's just more confident in running quicker with the ball though.

You have to admire Young's attitude. He doesn't seem to sulk and gives his all for a place in the team

People were surprised that I was excited to see him start against Sunderland. For me, he attacks down the wing and gets crosses into the box, just what we needed. Best player on the pitch for me

I was interested to see how he'd do back in an attacking position with less defensive responsibility, thought maybe playing at left back/wing back had allowed him more space but proved not to be the case. Should have picked up a goal or 2 and an assist. Keep playing like that and the goals will hopefully come. Would be nice to have seen Shaw working with him down the left. Maybe on Wednesday.

Newcastle United - 4/3/2015

I was interested to see how he'd do back in an attacking position with less defensive responsibility, thought maybe playing at left back/wing back had allowed him more space but proved not to be the case. Should have picked up a goal or 2 and an assist. Keep playing like that and the goals will hopefully come. Would be nice to have seen Shaw working with him down the left. Maybe on Wednesday.

What a crucial goal that could be. Was quite ineffective tonight mind with Newcastle doubling up on him. Saw a few saying at the time that he should have gone off instead of Di Maria, luckily he didn't.

Manchester City - 12/4/2015

Called for him to start adding end product to his game to keep his place, a goal and 2 assists not a bad answer to that.

Valencia/Mata on the right and Blind/Young on the left has been key to recent form. Assisted by Herrera and Fellaini too. The 6 of them really working hard together in defence and attack.

Arguably his best performance for United. His end product was much better today.

Crystal Palace - 9/5/2015

Our best outfield player. He was the only genuine threat.

MOTM for me I realise a lot of his crosses can go to waste but he keeps going and eventually finds someone.

The slightest bit of pace and confidence to go past a defender can make all the difference. Figures for a winger need to be nearer 10 for both goals and assists in a 433.

Gutsy performance again always looking for it. We were only going to score in the 2nd half hrough him one way or the other. Others need to start stepping up.

Arsenal - 17/5/2015

One of the success stories of the season. Much better all season but has really flourished since returning to the wing, no longer a one trick pony cutting in on his right, still does it but also goes with his left now, that's confidence and maybe with a better striker he'd maybe have more assists.

Hull City - 24/5/2015

Not quite sure why he was played through the middle.

I doubt any other player has turned their fortunes around so much this season. Lets be honest, he was a pariah at the club, nobody wanted him & yet for me he has been the player of the season & Utd's greatest [ often only] attacking threat. Who would possibly have imagined last August Ashley Young would keep Di Maria out of the team.

He has certainly bought into the lvg philosophy. He has had a really good season and you have to respect him for that. I still think that although a really strong squad player he might be one of the ones that drops out of the first team as new faces are brought in.

He has certainly bought into the lvg philosophy. He has had a really good season and you have to respect him for that. I still think that although a really strong squad player he might be one of the ones that drops out of the first team as new faces are brought in.

Know what you are saying but if he has to drop down as probably Utd's best attacking player this season what does that say about the rest of the forwards ? I would estimate he created around 50% of our chances, which isn't saying much as I don't think we created very many chances at all this season. Is the problem the players or the system ? Utd have 3 of the Worlds top strikers in Rooney, RVP & Falcao yet none looked good this year, coincidence or victims of the LVG possession game that allows defences to set ?

Rvp and Falcao I think are a little past there best. In my opinion we need a quality striker. Like you I am not a great one for stats but I am reliably Informed that Di Maria in this poor season had more assists than young in his best season. It is not a criticism of young, he has had a top season and is rightly a first pick. I just think he will ultimately be heavily under threat with new arrivals. That said a healthy squad means every player should be under threat

Rvp and Falcao I think are a little past there best. In my opinion we need a quality striker. Like you I am not a great one for stats but I am reliably Informed that Di Maria in this poor season had more assists than young in his best season. It is not a criticism of young, he has had a top season and is rightly a first pick. I just think he will ultimately be heavily under threat with new arrivals. That said a healthy squad means every player should be under threat

Agreed on a new striker, who would you go for ? I think whoever the target is he needs to have pace & strength. I really like Benteke.

I have issues with his consistency and attitude. Agree we are desperate for pace especially. Benzema would probably be my first choice but there seems to be little choice out there. It might mean the scouts getting out there and doing there job and finding somebody relatively unknown.

If we're to continue with a front 3, we'll need 20 goals from a centre forward but we'll also need more from the 2 wide men. I think if kept upfront Rooney can improve on his goal tally and I think Young has got the ability to score more too but i'm not sure he'll be able to score enough if we're to challenge for the league and more. Depay has the potential but may not show it in his first season. Could be argued that another wide man is needed more than a striker. Regardless, I think we lack that little bit of "magic" in our front 3 that the 3 sides above us have in Hazard, Aguero and Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back