Ashley Young at Inter Milan 2019/20

They won’t see another cross like that for another 12 months.

If they’re going to play him as a right wing back they might get some joy especially as they have strikers who thrive on crosses it’s just about how he can handle it physically as he’s no young pup.

I thought I read he only signed a six month deal. Seems a bit odd to leave for that.

Six month contract with the option of another 12 months. Also the end of your career why not go off to play in one of Europes top leagues for 6 months. A break from England and something different before hanging up his boots!

They came back from 2-0 down at half time to win 4-2 yesterday. Young Sanchez and Lukaku all starting. As expected Lukaku added the 4th a goal that didn’t matter. Typical Lukaku. Loves a 4th goal in a demolition!

Just had a look at Lukaku's goals, because i'm bored and it's what I remember him doing at United. He's opened the scoring 4 times this season. He's got the 3rd or 4th in big wins 7 times.

Someone's got to score those goals though and yeah Lukaku is good at doing that but someone has to kill the game off.

I have zero regrets about Lukaku leaving my only frustration was not replacing him his head had gone at Utd everyone needed a fresh start and he's thriving at Inter.

I was really disappointed by Lukaku in the end he was good in his first season and really looked like he was pushing on to that next level at the end of the season and at the world cup but in his second season he was a terrible. He'd got himself out of shape physically, mentally his head was gone and his performances were so poor he had to be dropped and I don't think there was anyway back for him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Right Wing Back seems to be his spot in a 3-5-2 system but I think he plays as quite an attacking wing back.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back