Arsene Wenger at Arsenal 2016/17

I guess in the grand scheme of things that is a good result for Arsenal?! And might go a long way to demonstrating what a long and hard season they have ahead.

I would say time for Wenger to go? But to be honest I enjoy watching them struggle and disappoint every year so I want him to stay for as long as possible.

Premier League: Hull City 1-4 Arsenal - 17th September 2016

Played 5
Wins 3
Draws 1
Defeats 1

Premier League: Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea - 24th September 2016

Played 6
Wins 4
Draws 1
Defeats 1

Premier League: Burnley 0-1 Arsenal - 2nd October 2016

Played 7
Wins 5
Draws 1
Defeats 1

Injury time winner.

Premier League: Arsenal 3-2 Swansea City - 2nd October 2016

Played 8
Wins 6
Draws 1
Defeats 1

Premier League: Arsenal 0-0 Middlesbrough- 22nd October 2016

Two points dropped.

Played 9
Wins 6
Draws 2
Defeats 1

Premier League: Sunderland 1-4 Arsenal - 29th October 2016

Played 10
Wins 7
Draws 2
Defeats 1

Premier League: Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 6th November 2016

Played 11
Wins 7
Draws 3
Defeats 1

Premier League: Arsenal 3-1 Stoke City - 10th December 2016

Played 15
Wins 10
Draws 4
Defeats 1

Premier League: Arsenal 1-0 West Brom - 26th December 2016

Played 18
Wins 11
Draws 4
Defeats 3

Premier League: Chelsea 3-1 Arsenal - 4th January 2017

Played 24
Wins 14
Draws 5
Defeats 5

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Hull City - 11th February 2017

Played 25
Wins 15
Draws 5
Defeats 5

Premier League: West Bromwich Albion 3-1 Arsenal - 18th March 2017

Four losses in five games for Arsenal.

Odds on Wenger being the next manager to leave his job must be pretty short. Looks very likely that he will not renew his contract

Sunderland will surely throw Moyes overboard before the end of the season and hope for a new manager boost in the last few games.

I agree though Wenger has to go. He's just ruining his legacy with every passing game now. It's a shame it's come to this he really should have left after the won the FA Cup. Looks like he's going to go out with no top 4 football and finishing below Tottenham for the first time in his career.

Sunderland will surely throw Moyes overboard before the end of the season and hope for a new manager boost in the last few games.

I agree though Wenger has to go. He's just ruining his legacy with every passing game now. It's a shame it's come to this he really should have left after the won the FA Cup. Looks like he's going to go out with no top 4 football and finishing below Tottenham for the first time in his career.

I don't think there is much point getting rid of Moyes, I think the board probably know they are doomed so may think Moyes is as good a man as any to bring them back up next year.

I can't see Wenger staying, I don't think he'll be sacked because of his legacy but I do think he'll walk at the end of the season. Although if they lose to Citeh next time out, it's not inconceivable that he may walk before the end of the season.

Sunderland have been in line for the chop for a good few years now, relegation is overdue. They'd be stupid to not give Moyes at least 6 months in the Championship. They may be better for the stability, having gone through a raft of managers in a short time.

I think Moyes is finished as a manager he hasn't been helped at Sunderland as the owner has stopped spending money but he hasn't helped his negative comments right from the start can't have been good for morale in the squad. Sunderland should've gone years ago that clubs rotten at the core they need relegation and to clear out the older players

There's also no certainty of what he can do in the championship been over 20 years since he was at that level.

On Wenger I'm convinced he's signed a new deal already the club will just wait for positive results before announcing it

Absolutely battered by Palace 3-0

Fans turning on the players and the manager

It's not pretty and surely that's it now he has to walk away from it

I think time for a change was 3 years ago after they won the first FA Cup but he couldn't let go he finally got the money and it's hard to say he's spent it well.

They totally blew it last season and this season they've been a shambles.

Where do they go from here though? All the top managers are in work so who could they realistically attract?

You'll have to drag Wenger kicking and screaming from the emirates though his ego will make him believe he can fix that but he's a big part of the problem and it's time for change he really didn't deserve to go out like this

Unbelievable it's going to end like this. He deserved to do a Fergie and go out on top.

Bright side don't have to worry about how poor our goal difference is against Arsenals anymore

Their players look so weak mentally and have absolutely no balls to grab a game when the going gets tough. Özil is a joke of a player, it's all good when the team is playing well but when it's tough he looks a shocking player with a terrible who cares attitude. The quality of player they had tonight shows why they are struggling, Xhaka looks a mess and not totally sure what Elneny brings to the party. And Walcott having the captains armband, he looks like he couldn't fire a team up in a volcano.

The club looks stale to me and Wenger is a massive part of that, he clearly has something left to give but I think all things come to an end. I'm not sure he will quit, he may have to be gently nudged but if they finish 6th/7th, the daggers will be out.

I watched some Arsenal Fan TV and they believe, from their 'sources', AW has agreed to stay another 2 years. Absolute madness if that's true. They will definitely lose Sanchez and Ozil if that stays the same. If that is true I would put a cheeky bid in for Alexis in the summer!:D

I think it's easy to point fingers at Ozil but it's the whole team right now everyone's confidence is rock bottom and it shows.

Wilshere struggling to get in the Bournemouth side recently must really be questioning where his future is going not sure.

I think on paper all their players are ok but they just don't have a combination that works apart from Cazorla & Coquilen and Cazorla has been out all season.

Ramsey just doesn't fit in anywhere with Ozil he should be playing off a striker like he does for Wales just focusing on scoring goals he's clearly not a playmaker.

So many of them just need to leave and experience something new Arsenal to me feels to easy new contracts are constantly awarded for failure there seems to be no punishment for failure.

Ozil & Sanchez are being offered double the money despite their flaws especially in the big games where both show up once or twice a season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back