Arsenal Discussion 2021/22

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Still can't work out where Arsenal will be this season looks like they'll be bringing in Ben White.

Last season they tied down Saka to a new long contract and Smith-Rowe has just signed a new deal as well.

Looks like Xhaka will finally be leaving the club as well and Bellerin could be out the door as well.

There's talk of signing Aaron Ramsdale which to me looks an odd move but I get the impression they're looking to move on from Leno in the near future but they shouldn't have sold Martinez.

They look heavy up top they need to probably sell Lacazette or Aubameyang but as a team they need to find that attacking edge that was lacking so often last season.

Didn’t look great vs Brentford but were missing Partey, Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Seems like Odegaard is on his way in again to try and bring some more creativity to that team.

Not the greatest start for White and that second goal is not the sort of goal you ever want to succeed.

There’s huge pressure on Arteta.

Sounds like they're close to getting Odegaard from Real Madrid on a permanent deal for £30m.

Can't say I watched them much last season but didn't really seem to make much of an impression on me when I saw him play looked tidy but not really eye catching.

I wonder if Madrid will try to put a buy back in the deal as they desperately need to rebuild their midfield given the age of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro. To a certain degree I'm surprised they are letting him go and not giving him a chance this season but sounds like they're trying build up the bank balance to go big next summer.

I don’t think they’re finishing higher than 10th. They were 8th last season and I can see Leeds and or Everton finishing above them. That club is a mess from top to bottom.

I don’t think they’re finishing higher than 10th. They were 8th last season and I can see Leeds and or Everton finishing above them. That club is a mess from top to bottom.
Nailed on Leeds and Everton finish above Arsenal, and I'm looking for someone to take my money on a bet Arteta is looking for a job by Xmas.

I think they're a 7th to 12th team this season looking at them it's a complete rebuild phase for them.

Spending big money this summer though if they land both Ramsdale and Odegaard that puts them up around £150m spend with not a lot coming back in from sales so big moves from the owners given no european income either which will hurt them on all fronts.

They really need Arteta to come off.

Another bad defeat for Arsenal yesterday that is 20 defeats for Arteta in 60 games.

They were missing quite a few players yesterday as they've had covid issues within the squad but it was real men vs boys yesterday Chelsea absolutely ripped them to pieces and once they got ahead they never really looked in any danger.

There was what I felt a pretty obvious penalty on Saka that wasn't given which might have changed things but yesterday they were just comfortably beaten by a much better side.

Yeah it's not been an easy start for them but it's hard to see any real signs of progress at that club.

They've spent big money this summer currently they must be the top spenders in Europe so the owners aren't holding back but they really need to get things moving forward fast as they've fallen so far behind now that they shouldn't really be mentioned as part of a big 6.

Apart from Xhaka and Smith-Rowe it's hard to see much to be exciting about there's just pretty average looking players all over the pitch

They still look very soft and lacking in real quality. Got some decent young players but think that’s all they are right now. They lack a bit of leadership and can’t say I would be very impressed by their signings.

Even this week £30m for Odegaard who really didn’t pull up any trees for them when on loan. Then £24m on Ramsdale makes no sense at all, he isn’t any better than Leno and every time I saw him for Sheffield Utd he looked a bit of a liability. Obviously still a young keeper but that £24m could of been better spent for me.

Think they are going to have another tough season. Not sure Arteta will last it to be honest.

Yeah I kind of get that they've spent a lot of money but it feels like they've stood still.

I can see the logic in the Odegaard signing he did ok and there's obviously talent there but now that he's going to get the minutes he needs to pay them back and show that Madrid were wrong to let him go. Paying £24m for what appears to be a backup keeper does seem odd but it sounds like Leno is only going to around 1 more season and someone at the club must have seen something they liked in Ramsdale to pay that money for him. I personally have never seen him as a particularly eye catching keeper but then I rarely watched Bournemouth or Sheff Utd.

It is a really strange one because none of these new players that they've invested big money in over the last two summers were really around so far. Gabriel and Partey both injured, White has Covid, Odegaard/Ramsdale weren't signed in time for the weekend.

I've got mates who watch them and they basically describe it as they try to play like City but their players are nowhere near as good so it doesn't really work it's lots of sideways passing with no real forward momentum. The move either breaks down or someone gets desperate and chucks in a cross which their strikers aren't really favourites to win.

I don't anything from Arteta when I hear him that says he's competant.

Arteta is a tricky one to judge as like Ole he's had to do a complete overhaul of the playing squad and he's been given time and money to do that but now he needs to start showing signs of progress and a plan coming together.

On the field it's just sort of been drifting along and not having fans in last season probably helped him because that stadium will turn toxic fast if they don't start putting in decent performances as those fans are angry. They're paying top money to watch a mid table side at the moment.

I wonder if these Arsenal fans going apoplectic on Twitter about Arteta and Kronke realize they brought this about by driving Wenger out of their club. Doubtful.

Wenger had to go but they’ve put some real wrong uns in charge over the last few years who’ve lined their pockets through their favoured agents.

Wenger was coming to the end of his road with Arsenal, but their fans believed he was the reason for their decline. Turns out he was the only thing keeping them together.

I dunno some fans are idiots but plenty could see that Wenger’s ways were no longer working and that he needed to be put out of his misery.

Change was needed but really they needed Wenger to guide that change but he couldn’t handle that and give up his control. He’s not stepped foot in the ground since he left which is a crazy situation.

Been some stinking transfers at that club in the last few years

Pepe 75m looks a very average player
Partey 50m has looked good in some games but always injured
Willian free but on massive wages and given a 3 year deal
Aubameyang given a stupid salary as he’s declining
Sold Martinez rather than just keep him and play him.

Just feels to me like there’s a bad culture in that club amongst the players doesn’t seem like there’s great discipline.

Got some easier fixtures coming up after the international break they need to get their act together.

I dunno some fans are idiots but plenty could see that Wenger’s ways were no longer working and that he needed to be put out of his misery.

Change was needed but really they needed Wenger to guide that change but he couldn’t handle that and give up his control. He’s not stepped foot in the ground since he left which is a crazy situation.

Been some stinking transfers at that club in the last few years

Pepe 75m looks a very average player
Partey 50m has looked good in some games but always injured
Willian free but on massive wages and given a 3 year deal
Aubameyang given a stupid salary as he’s declining
Sold Martinez rather than just keep him and play him.

Just feels to me like there’s a bad culture in that club amongst the players doesn’t seem like there’s great discipline.

Got some easier fixtures coming up after the international break they need to get their act together.
The new Fulham.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles has basically demanded a move on his Instagram.

They’ve messed him around for a few seasons now apparently blocking a loan move to Everton

Think that lad is hard work at times but they obviously have a price they want that others won’t pay.

Can see why they wouldn’t want to loan him to Everton as they’re a rival if Everton want him Arsenal should demand a sale.

Equally I can see why he’s annoyed as he knows the manager doesn’t fancy him.

Got an important win at the weekend even if it was only at home to Norwich.

The injury list seems to be getting shorter so this is getting closer to their best XI but they need to get some points on the board quickly to pull out of a relegation battle.

Xhaka out for 3 months.

As annoying as he might be he's still an important player for them so he'll be missed.

Was hard to tell on Sunday if Arsenal have turned a corner or if Spurs are just really bad I expect it's a bit of both I do like the look of their new right back though.

Arteta voted manager of the month for September.

How quickly things can change in football won 3 out of 3 games against Norwich Burnley and Spurs.

This is impressive. Villa will rock many top teams with the side they've built.

This is impressive. Villa will rock many top teams with the side they've built.
Watched the game. Arsenal, deserved winners, yeah. But Villa, bloody awful. How the hell they managed to come to OT and take 3 points?
Beyond me?

New signings seem to be making a positive impact as well.

Haven’t been massively impressed when I’ve watched them but results have certainly picked up and they needed that.

They’ve spent a lot of money so they’ll be very happy with where they are at this point but based on performances I think bad results will be round the corner for them.

Seems crazy that he's never been back to the ground since he left the club.

Think it's generally a bitterness from Wenger about the way he was managed out of the door by the club.

With Ronaldo still sulking about the Ballon d'Or expect it to get Messi for Arsenal on Thursday.

Aubameyang has been stripped of the captaincy and won't be selected for the next game either due to disciplinary breaches.

He was given permission to fly back to France last week to collect his mum who has been ill but he was told he had to fly back the same day, he decided to stay overnight and fly back the following morning. He made it to training on time but because it was a flight for personal reasons his sporting exemption didn't apply so he was sent home as he needed to complete a PCR test before being allowed out of self isolation under the current UK travel rules. This meant he missed training and as a result the club have punished him.

I guess when you bang in 30 goals a season the little things probably get swept under the carpet but when you stop doing that you suddenly start getting treated like everyone else.

Get the impression Arteta is pretty sick of him and wants him gone his drop off in the last 18 months has been ridiculous.

Aubameyang gone on a free transfer with no pay off from Arsenal.

Got to say they've done really well to get out of that stupid contract.

Do look a bit short up top though now with only Lacazette and Nkethia who I think both have contracts that expire this summer as well.

They said on the radio he was late for training because he went to pick his sick mum up from France, if that's true then he's been treated a bit harshly

They said on the radio he was late for training because he went to pick his sick mum up from France, if that's true then he's been treated a bit harshly

Not totally true he was given permission to travel and collect his mum from France but he had to return on the same day due to covid rules.

He decided to stay overnight and fly back in the morning which meant he couldn't train as he had to get PCR tests down he didn't realise that because it was a personal trip that his sporting visa didn't apply.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back