Previous Seasons
Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2014/15
Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2013/14

Luis Antonio Valencia

Premier League: Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United - 2nd January 2018

He was a liability in the first half; there were shades of Neville against West Brom. His legs have gone.

I just don't understand how a wingers play has deteriorated so much. I saw his pass map, 90% of his passes were square back to where they came from.

He’s done. Playing it forward means moving forward.

Think legs have gone but he’s also totally out of match rythym needs to be allowed to move on if he wants to go in January then let him leave even if we have to give him a free transfer he’s done enough for the club to deserve that.

6 months from a testimonial will he get one?

My guess is he hangs around until the end of the season but at this point I’d rather see Darmian play than him.

I just don't understand how a wingers play has deteriorated so much. I saw his pass map, 90% of his passes were square back to where they came from.

I see that from him every time he plays. He doesn't trust himself or doesn't have the pace to go beyond people so he goes sideways or backwards. Defenders know he's all right foot too so they show him inside.

Think legs have gone but he’s also totally out of match rythym needs to be allowed to move on if he wants to go in January then let him leave even if we have to give him a free transfer he’s done enough for the club to deserve that.

6 months from a testimonial will he get one?

My guess is he hangs around until the end of the season but at this point I’d rather see Darmian play than him.
I was thinking the exact same thing last night that I would rather see Darmian at right back right now if it was a toss up between the two!

The signs have been there for quite a while that his legs have gone. He’s been a good servant but time to look past him.

I’d just let him see out his contract give him his testimonial and wave him goodbye with a thank you. I wouldn’t ship him off in Jan. just wouldn’t play him. If he wants to go fair enough but he’s pretty much earned the right to see out his contract and have a match for the charity of his choice and a bit of fun.

Not sure he’d take the testimonial as it won’t really attract the crowds necessary.

It’s his choice if he has a club he wants to go to in January let him go if not he can sit out the last few months and be there if we need him.

Think the legs went in that second Mourinho season had a nice little 18 month swan song as a right back but feels like this season was a step to far for him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back