Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton - 20th September 2015

He was good in the second half.

Darmian can have a deserved rest against Ipswich and possibly Sunderland.

Manchester United 3-0 Sunderland - 26th September 2015

He was quality wasn't always the best, but he's made a difference to the right side.

Argentina 0-2 Ecuador - 8th October 2015

He was named man of the match.

Assist:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like his best performance in 3 years. Probably helped that he was playing for a side that was counter attacking but great to see him running at and past defenders, using his pace and strength.

Manchester United 0-0 Manchester City - 25th October 2015

He did well and the performance justified his selection. Sterling had little impact.

I was one of a few who wasn't surprised he was selected before the game, has looked much better of late. Looks very confident going forward again, more like his old self. Seems to have binned off that ridiculous drilled, hit and hope, low cross he's been doing for the past 3 seasons or so too which is pleasing. Good competition between him and Darmian.

Sterling still has flashbacks from the world cup friendly I think. Pushed both Sterling and Kolarov back.

U21s: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester United - 11th March 2016

First half highlights.

Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United - 20th March 2016

Not great when he came on and not sure why he is ahead of Varela who I'm guessing we won't be seeing again this season.

Yeah he was OK... But his crossing just like Darmian's is awful! I don't know what we are doing in training but the crossing has been awful for a long time now. In fact the only guy I've seen cross well this season has been Borthwick-Jackson! Maybe they should all take tips from him.

Manchester United 1-0 Aston Villa - 16th April 2016

The outlet he provides when Mata starts on the right has been missed. He played well.

But why was Mata playing on the right again? Ridiculous tactic.

Yes Valencia gives us a good outlet but his crossing is extremely wasteful.

Mata didn't hug the touchline, he drifted into central areas, which created space for Valencia.

OK... Well at least that's a better tactic than last weekend. Though I still maintain that Valencia's crossing leaves a lot to be desired.

OK... So one cross in god knows how many makes him a good crosser... So often he hits the first man or aimlessly fires it in to the box. It's why actually he's better off as a full back where he's not having the chances to cross as much but can still use his pace to great effect.

Was watching Valencia in the first half a fair bit, had so much space out on the right, Villa LB tucked in watching Mata. Apart from the goal the space he had was not utilised enough. His crossing since 2012 has gone dramatically downhill. Used to be ace. Doesn't bully full backs anymore either, used to drive past them with his pace and strength.

Sadly I think it's partly because of the nasty leg break he suffered so it's understandable.

I know he found a bit of form after his leg break but he's not been the same. He just looks hesitant to go past people and to bully his opponent which is a shame. He used to me a flying winger with such power and an end product but now he's not.

Seems like he's gone downhill since the hip injury in 2012 than the leg break in 2010. Done very well after the leg break, got player of the season the season after the leg break. Apparently has one leg shorter than the other which causes problems to his hip and back.

Manchester United 2-0 Crystal Palace - 20th April 2016

He was very good tonight.

He had an excellent game. He put in a few very good pullbacks from the byline but not having bodies in the 18 yard box did not help us.

That was a showing reminiscent to his barnstorming days tormenting full backs. Very confident display - confidence generally seems to be an issue with Valencia which I feel leads to his second guessing in the final third. But more of that kind of display please.

Manchester United 3-1 AFC Bournemouth - 17th May 2016

He was good again. Shame he and Shaw have missed most of the season.

He was good. Just shows what a bit of pace can do to this side. Gives us a bit more in options to try and open up oppositions.

Shame the keeper got a touch on that shot, that was in the top corner. Like the Valencia we saw the other night, when he tries these things, be more positive Tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back