Anthony Martial | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to grab hold ov him and give him a good shake. It's like he's no passion for football or for the club. When was the last time he actually busted a guy for us?
He's not got it in him. He's shown that for years now. He's not a young inexperienced player anymore.

He looks like he could play another 90 minutes at the end each game, could be two reasons for this.1 hes either super super fit or walking around for 90 minutes doesn't use much energy, I'll let you guys decide

He looks like he could play another 90 minutes at the end each game, could be two reasons for this.1 hes either super super fit or walking around for 90 minutes doesn't use much energy, I'll let you guys decide
There's no decision there bud. It's the latter and it's not even close.

This should be he’s chance to step up and prove he’s our main forward but obviously he hasn’t got it in him I think the french league would suit him I’ve seen pub league players play better With a hangover

There's no decision there bud. It's the latter and it's not even close.
Its just really annoying, if he doesn't want to be here tell the manager and move on like lukaku did, listening to gary Neville yesterday he said lukaku told the club in February that he wanted to leave yet we still couldn't find a replacement it's an absolute sham. Now if martial can't be bothered get shut and move on!

Its just really annoying, if he doesn't want to be here tell the manager and move on like lukaku did, listening to gary Neville yesterday he said lukaku told the club in February that he wanted to leave yet we still couldn't find a replacement it's an absolute sham. Now if martial can't be bothered get shut and move on!
I don't even think it's not about wanting to be here. I think his mentality, his attitude just aren't cut out for the top level.

I don't even think it's not about wanting to be here. I think his mentality, his attitude just aren't cut out for the top level.
That's exactly what I think, playing football should be a joy no matter who you play for at the end of the day it's his job if hes not enjoying it find something else to do. When was the last time he gave an interview after a game? I'm struggling to remember

That's exactly what I think, playing football should be a joy no matter who you play for at the end of the day it's his job if hes not enjoying it find something else to do. When was the last time he gave an interview after a game? I'm struggling to remember
He's lazy. He doesn't put the work in. He waits for the game to come to him. His attitude stinks.

We've been waiting year's now to see his full potential, don't think its going to happen

Sir Alex would have sorted his attitude out I feel. He made people feel lucky to be at United instead of like they’d made it to be there. Getting there was just the beginning.

He was ok yesterday stuck to the task on his own vs 3 centre backs, no one running past him lots of balls into feet took did a pretty good job of getting them under control and laying it off or getting fouls but he didn’t really find a way to hurt Wolves.

He doesn’t really come alive in the box when the ball is wide and find space and with no space in behind he struggles to make any impact but yesterday I though he did alright the let down was really the wide players who offered zilch.

He was ok yesterday stuck to the task on his own vs 3 centre backs, no one running past him lots of balls into feet took did a pretty good job of getting them under control and laying it off or getting fouls but he didn’t really find a way to hurt Wolves.

He doesn’t really come alive in the box when the ball is wide and find space and with no space in behind he struggles to make any impact but yesterday I though he did alright the let down was really the wide players who offered zilch.
Can't agree with you on this one he was terrible

Pretty much this. He had a bad game, but there was next to no support from wide areas.

I think he will of course benefit with better players around him. I think any striker would suffer with the drivel around him, not absolving him of any blame because he has been poor the last couple of games but get him back with Rashford and Pogba/Fernandes I think we will see a better player. I still think he is at its best on the left when he can use his pace and skill to run at players. I wouldn’t even mind him getting him back out there with Ighalo upfront while Rashford is out.

I think he will of course benefit with better players around him. I think any striker would suffer with the drivel around him, not absolving him of any blame because he has been poor the last couple of games but get him back with Rashford and Pogba/Fernandes I think we will see a better player. I still think he is at its best on the left when he can use his pace and skill to run at players. I wouldn’t even mind him getting him back out there with Ighalo upfront while Rashford is out.

It’s chicken and egg would a better striker make others look/play better.

I just don’t think he has the all round game where he dominates the opponent no matter what they do against him.

I think he might have to go back wide for now but I do think his best position is in the middle I’m just not convinced he is or has the skill set to become a world class striker.

He’s useless unless Rashford is alongside him. Rashford has missed a few games this season.

Martial has scored 1 goal in 2 seasons without Rashford being on the pitch.

Outwide or through the middle doesn't seem to make much difference to him its his all round play that's really not quite up to it which is a shame. Great strikers make things happen average strikers don't

How thin the squad is up front at the moment. I’m not going to say I wish he was gone but I definitely don’t think we should plan forward with him in the team. He’s not good enough to be a number 9 and out wide he’s an average joe. There’s nothing about him what so ever.

How thin the squad is up front at the moment. I’m not going to say I wish he was gone but I definitely don’t think we should plan forward with him in the team. He’s not good enough to be a number 9 and out wide he’s an average joe. There’s nothing about him what so ever.
Now it may just be me but he doesn't seem to enjoy it, we all know who ole was referring to when he said he needs someone to maybe risk getting a broken nose or toe to grab a goal we all know he wouldn't risk a broken fingernail never mind anything else!

It's the question I ask with all players if he was playing like this for someone else would you be saying Man Utd should buy him?

He's 23 now he's been at the club for 5 years he's played 200 games there really is no more excuses a Man Utd striker should be one of the best in the business we've always had that I just don't see that with Martial. People want to make excuses for him but I'm at the point where I think in the summer Utd have to sign a new striker Martial either rises to the challenge and puts that guy on the bench or he accepts he's the number 2 striker.

He's never had a better chance to make that spot his own he's basically the only centre forward at the club this season Rashford seems to have accepted his place is on the wing and Greenwood is a kid. He is the best option we have but I think Utd in the summer have to be looking for a better option.

I know it's hard and this isn't a great team but how many games has Martial grabbed by the balls and taken over the way top strikers do sometimes. I honestly can't recall many games where you have come out and said he's the difference between the two sides today.

Would he start for any of the teams above us? Probably not.

It's the question I ask with all players if he was playing like this for someone else would you be saying Man Utd should buy him?

He's 23 now he's been at the club for 5 years he's played 200 games there really is no more excuses a Man Utd striker should be one of the best in the business we've always had that I just don't see that with Martial. People want to make excuses for him but I'm at the point where I think in the summer Utd have to sign a new striker Martial either rises to the challenge and puts that guy on the bench or he accepts he's the number 2 striker.

He's never had a better chance to make that spot his own he's basically the only centre forward at the club this season Rashford seems to have accepted his place is on the wing and Greenwood is a kid. He is the best option we have but I think Utd in the summer have to be looking for a better option.

I know it's hard and this isn't a great team but how many games has Martial grabbed by the balls and taken over the way top strikers do sometimes. I honestly can't recall many games where you have come out and said he's the difference between the two sides today.

Would he start for any of the teams above us? Probably not.
Total agree with you, I also think he knows that at the moment there's know one at the club challenging for his spot as a number 9 I think mangers past and present have been waiting for him to spark into life, well 200 games now,its not going to happen I think his place could be mainly on the bench or at a different club. How many past forwards can you name that don't start for there national teams yet have been regular forwards for us?

he is certainly out of form

Maybe he's injured and they are being forced to play him.

Something has got to change though.

I'd be playing Greenwood instead of him.

Ole has defended him highlighting that he has been forced to play every minute recently with little to no rest but did they really need to start him at Tranmere for example?

I think Greenwood has been similar to be honest he's found it more difficult recently been a really tough few months for the boys almost no rotation has been done because of the injuries to the small squad.

Hopefully 2 weeks off before the next game does them the world of good.

I understand he's played a lot recently but the manager knew this when we didn't replace the two forwards we let go,yes hes maybe played a little bit more because of rashford's injury but he would still have played a lot anyway. Anyway can anyone help with my early post regards forwards and national teams I'm struggling!

Total agree with you, I also think he knows that at the moment there's know one at the club challenging for his spot as a number 9 I think mangers past and present have been waiting for him to spark into life, well 200 games now,its not going to happen I think his place could be mainly on the bench or at a different club. How many past forwards can you name that don't start for there national teams yet have been regular forwards for us?

Andy Cole was probably the last one but that was at a time when England had a lot of options.
Eric Cantona before him but that was because he'd fallen out with the France manager in true Cantona style.
Zlatan technically think he's retired from international football when he came to us but that shouldn't really count.
Saha is another but he was in and out of the France side in the same way he was with Utd.

Cantona and Saha rarely started for France. Cole didn’t start for England.

Edit: JSP beat me to it

To be honest a lot of our players look tired mentally and physically. On Martial, I just feel he is better when he’s running at defenders rather than having to hold the ball up and bring others into play. That’s why I still think his best position is on the left but that’s the same for Rashford and Martial. I now think we need to bite the bullet and go spend big on a striker, we tried with Haaland but this summer I think we have to get out there and identify a striker. Greenwood I think will continue his development probably more so on the right. So it’s an essential for me in the summer now.

Ighalo coming in will do a job. I know people aren’t happy with the signing but we needed someone and if that’s the only body we could get in then at least it’s someone whose happy to bully a defender too.

Also at 6’2’’ it’s a target to aim for in the box and someone whose happy to get their head on the ball.

Ighalo coming in will do a job. I know people aren’t happy with the signing but we needed someone and if that’s the only body we could get in then at least it’s someone whose happy to bully a defender too.

Also at 6’2’’ it’s a target to aim for in the box and someone whose happy to get their head on the ball.
I actually don’t mind the signing at all, he’s a strong lad and has done it before in the league. He also had a fine ACN so actually looking forward to seeing him. Will be nice to have more of a target man in the box. It could be a total flop but definitely worth a try.

Rumours today that Ole wants rid of Martial but the Glazers won’t let him as he’s Joel Glazers favourite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back