Anthony Martial | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his fit and it's a big if now because he called to be subbed and limped off. But if he is fit, does he start over Rashford on Saturday after that?

Jose probably wanted him to play the 90 and play Rashford on Saturday but if your picking on form, Martial was different level last night!

If he was fit then for me he's cemented himself as the first choice but you have to remember his 2 games where he's really impressed recently were him playing up front in a front 2 rather than out wide.

The fact he limped off probably rules him out of the weekend so I guess it'll be back to Rashford on the left.

Flawless last night. There's games where he does frustrate me when played wide, don't see enough of him. His partnership with Lukaku last night was great to watch. With regards to the Rashford or Martial debate, I'd love to see the 3 of them together in action. I think together they would cause carnage.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur - 28th October 2017

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Champions League: Manchester United 1-0 Benfica - 31st October 2017

End product was off-ish, but he was United's brightest player.

Dived for the penalty. Justice done.
The penalty was given for a handball. The oppo player handled the ball while on the floor. And martial went over the player. I wouldn't call it a dive.

Was the only real driving force in the attack but was a bit wasteful obviously missed his pen but fluffed his lines a bit with a few shooting chances mostly because of the touch before the shot being poor which narrowed his angle or gave the defender a chance to close him down.

One of these days he's going to score an incredible individual goal.

International Friendly: Germany v France - 14th November 2017

Assist.

Good to see him back in the national team but have to admit I twitched seeing this thread being updated just thinking please please please don’t be injured.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 18th November 2017

7 goals now this season, only scored 8 last season, hasn't started many of his 17 appearances this season either. Really glad that Mourinho started both him and Rashford too.

Yep at home to 14 of the 20 teams we should be trying to blow teams away with our attacking fire power like yesterday.

Just got to make sure we don’t burn the boys out so they’ve got plenty in the tank in March to hopefully secure us some silverware.

Think he’s been superb this season when he’s played, he is still a little frustrating but his ability is there for all to see. I hope Jose keeps starting him now because if he keeps on getting games consistently then he could continue to be a real match winner this season.

He looks happy again and the confidence and swagger is back last season was tough he had problems at the euros, had off field issues with his ex and seemed in a sulk but that weight seems to have lifted from him and the guy we saw in his first season appears to be back.

The test for him now is over the next 1-2 years can he keep stepping it up and become a 30 goal a season winger.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 Brighton & Hove Albion - 25th November 2017

He was poor.

Premier League: Watford v Manchester United - 28th November 2017

Awesome tonight. Thought our struggles began when he went off. I understand he was being saved for Arsenal but in hindsight he should have stayed on because he was so influential.

Yep teams are terrified of him especially when he gets turned as he’s just to quick for defenders.

Thought Utd lost the grip on the game when Matic went off the midfield seemed to open up again and it allowed Watford to start feeding wide players.

He has to start against Arsenal, I really hope Jose doesn’t start Rashford in his place. No offence to Rash but Martial has been in fine form all season when he’s been given the opportunity. Him and Lukaku in a 3-5-2 will give Arsenal problems I think.

He has to start against Arsenal, I really hope Jose doesn’t start Rashford in his place. No offence to Rash but Martial has been in fine form all season when he’s been given the opportunity. Him and Lukaku in a 3-5-2 will give Arsenal problems I think.

100% agree with that.

Rashford looks like his in Jose's naughty books at the minute. He moaned about him after the Brighton game, then last night I thought he was going to kick him when he sprinted off that bench. It was a great turn of pace from Jose he moves alot quicker then Daley Blind I thought.

Point being that we need to attack Arsenal. Not bottle it like we did at Anfield. Koscielny and Mustafi are hardly the Dudley Boyz at the back and we could really cause them damage with Martial flying at the minute.

Martial now showing that his best position is through the middle I think, his one v one finishing is possibly the best in the league, certainly at the club. Out wide he can go missing, didn't do anything on Saturday v Brighton.

Premier League: Arsenal v Manchester United - 2nd December 2017

He was class.

That assist for Lingard was sexual.

He was wonderful. Didn't look too happy coming off. Hope mourinho doesn't take umbrage and sideline him.

He was wonderful. Didn't look too happy coming off. Hope mourinho doesn't take umbrage and sideline him.

I doubt he would he’d probably was happy Martial wanted to stay on.

He is a special special talent. Now we are playing him week in week out he’s showing his class. He’s just so deadly through the middle because he can hold the ball up, he’s a wonderful finisher and can drift out wide to be effective there too.

League Cup: Bristol City 2-1 Manchester United - 20th December 2017

He was poor.

His form has dropped off since returning to the left wing.

Don't think him and Rashford work well together when used as wingers think we need to go back to the rotation we used earlier in the season, only problem is we don't have anyone to play on the right.

That 3-4-1-2 we were playing seemed to suit him and to be fair most of our players really well but a back 3 against weaker sides seems a bit over kill but it might be a good thing to go back to.

Premier League: Everton 0-2 Manchester United - 1st January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back