Angel Gomes to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t want to go out on loan so goes to Chelsea the club most known for sending players out on loan.

I think he's right to leave Utd he needs to make that tough call but he needs to make the right choice joining another big club in England would be a mistake and just shows he's probably chasing the money which is fine if that's his motivation.

If he wants to make a breakthrough he needs to go to a club where he can be playing first team football as the number 10 or out wide in a decent team. Even going up to say Celtic would be a good move for a player like him still a physical league but he needs to be in a team that sees a lot of the ball.

His size is a problem it doesn't look like he's going to have a growth spurt at 19/20 there's still a chance so given that he's going to need to be a very very skilful player if he wants to play at the highest level with his physique. You don't see to many small players who aren't 10/10 at the technical side of the game.

Gomes is currently 5ft 3 (according to wiki) compare that to other small players Mata is 5ft 7, Hazard 5ft 8, Messi 5ft 7, Sterling 5ft 7 and these guys are considered small. The only guy I can think who really made it who's near Gomes size was Wright-Phillips but even he couldn't get right to the top so any club who takes Gomes is gambling on him continuing to grow to at least get up to 5 ft 7/8 then putting the muscle on him to make him like Messi/Hazard/Sterling build with the power they have to push bigger players around.

I think he's right to leave Utd he needs to make that tough call but he needs to make the right choice joining another big club in England would be a mistake and just shows he's probably chasing the money which is fine if that's his motivation.

If he wants to make a breakthrough he needs to go to a club where he can be playing first team football as the number 10 or out wide in a decent team. Even going up to say Celtic would be a good move for a player like him still a physical league but he needs to be in a team that sees a lot of the ball.

His size is a problem it doesn't look like he's going to have a growth spurt at 19/20 there's still a chance so given that he's going to need to be a very very skilful player if he wants to play at the highest level with his physique. You don't see to many small players who aren't 10/10 at the technical side of the game.

Gomes is currently 5ft 3 (according to wiki) compare that to other small players Mata is 5ft 7, Hazard 5ft 8, Messi 5ft 7, Sterling 5ft 7 and these guys are considered small. The only guy I can think who really made it who's near Gomes size was Wright-Phillips but even he couldn't get right to the top so any club who takes Gomes is gambling on him continuing to grow to at least get up to 5 ft 7/8 then putting the muscle on him to make him like Messi/Hazard/Sterling build with the power they have to push bigger players around.
Jimmy Johnstone was 5ft 4 and Archie Gemmill was 5ft 5. Both were great wee players

Maradona was 5ft 5 but all these guys were small but very strong physically so they could use their lack of size to their advantage that's the thing Gomes has got to do he's got to make himself super strong.

Can't say I know much about Johnstone and Gemmill before my time but I assume both are incredibly technically gifted as players.

Given the players we are being strongly linked with such as Sancho and Grealish and the likelyhood other players like Garner and Mejbri will overtake him in progressing through the ranks, leaving is probably best for him.

He wants more of a challenge??? Crazy. He’s a good player but he looks and plays like he’s 16, and not the raging bull style 16 year old like Rooney.

He wants more of a challenge??? Crazy. He’s a good player but he looks and plays like he’s 16, and not the raging bull style 16 year old like Rooney.

Rooney is the best attacking in club history in United by with the least 250 goals.

I think he's probably making the right decision to leave Utd there's quite a few players ahead of him he needs to start getting regular games and doesn't want to just get bounced around on loans where he becomes a spare part at clubs.

Just hope he makes the right choice goes somewhere where he'll play a lot of football rather than somewhere where he will earn a lot of money not to play football.

The biggest issue for him is his size he is really really small so until he finds a way to use that to his advantage in a men's game he's going to struggle.

Think another problem is finding a position not many teams play that number 10 role anymore so he needs to adapt his game to playing from wide areas.

Jag önskar han stannar eller låna ut säsongen ut sen ville jag speltid om ynglingen Mejbri i AM i 4-5-1 han passar som roll i den.

Jag önskar han stannar eller låna ut säsongen ut sen ville jag speltid om ynglingen Mejbri i AM i 4-5-1 han passar som roll i den.
How are you the only person in Sweden under the age of 60 who can't speak perfect English? When I was in Sweden my Swedish friends frequently corrected my English grammar.

How are you the only person in Sweden under the age of 60 who can't speak perfect English? When I was in Sweden my Swedish friends frequently corrected my English grammar.
Replace How with Why, and in this instance using cannot would have been more appropriate than can't.

I can't perfect English but I teach on social media ..

Apparently United are close to agreeing a deal? Anyone heard either way? I believe his contract ends at the end of June?

Haven't seen anything on him for weeks the fact it's gone this far along suggests to me he's already signed with someone else.

Unless he's massively dropping his demands I can't see Utd suddenly panicking and upping offers to keep him they gave Chong a new deal recently so I'd guess they offered the same to Gomes and he's turned it down.

He wasn’t on the list of released players who aren’t getting new deals.

Talks apparently on going with him

Yeah ole said they were hopeful a few weeks back but nothing really since then.

Ole has just confirmed no further news regarding Gomes so he will probably leave the club.

Sad but clearly there have been some sticking points in contract talks. If it’s all about money then it will be very disappointing. I think he’ll get a half decent move - perhaps to a German club as they seem to be hoovering up the young British talent.

It’s fine though, we’ll buy him back for a £100m in a few years.

I wonder where he'll end up and if a premier league club will take a punt on him. He must back himself because it's a poor time to be an unattached player in this current situation.

It's easy to say it's all about money but he's also got to think about playing matches and it's pretty clear that currently he's down the pecking order.

The club have just signed Fernandes who plays in his preferred position he's still behind Lingard/Periera/Mata in the pecking order for those attacking position plus it looks like Greenwood and Chong are ahead of him to.

Be interesting to see where he does go I hope he goes to a club where he will actually get some game time where we can see how good he is as currently he's just a kid with a ridiculous amount of hype around him despite the fact at 19 he's nowhere near out first team.

Strong rumours Chelsea could be after him. Wouldn’t exactly be an ideal move for him but what with their reputation for loaning out players - he’ll probably get his needed loan move. Lampard has shown he is willing to give young guys a chance but with them spending big on players, not sure it would be the wisest move.

I see Chelsea are after him. He'll soon realise how much of a step down that is. And he won't get game time.

If you are a young player and want to play you are an absolute mug for leaving Man Utd our academy is prolific our squad is weak and our manager has proven he will give kids a chance. How many of our first team squad have come through the academy?

Chelsea will use you like a piece of meat they'll have him out on loan for 2 years then probably back for a bit then off on loan again like all those lads.

In the last 12 months they've spent £150m on 3 new attacking players for the front line I think this season was a one off in terms of playing the kids he's already started turning his back on some of them because he needs results.

I do think Gomes is right to move on as he has to many players ahead of him to get into our first team but Chelsea would be a terrible move he's got to start playing first team football.

Can't say I watch Chelsea regularly but think I'm right to say they play 4-3-3 most games they don't seem to have a designated number 10 type player. The wide guys come inside a lot and Mount has mostly played from a wider position when I've watched them this season.

My guess is he'd be looking at the wide roles they're obviously having a bit of a change around Hazard went last summer Willian and Pedro will go this summer. They've signed Pulisic and Ziyech so my guess is along with Mount he'd be looking at those wide spots in their system but with Werner he can also play wide so there's plenty of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back