Angel Gomes to leave?

Ben Townsend

He's in no position to start getting too big for his boots, but I would of probably started him along with Greenwood on sunday, I also agree with the size comments, looks far too small

boothstownred

I think he has a point tbh. Ole has spoken non stop since he got here using sound bites like , " the United way" and " this is a club that gives youth a chance". I was really disappointed on Sunday that he didn't play more of the youngsters. Yes he is small but he is talented too. This is not the time to be losing homegrown talented players.

SuperRash

I would hate to lose Gomes, I really think given the opportunity he would thrive here. He has very good technical ability and to be honest against Cardiff he was neat. He should have started the game along with Garner I think. It was a nothing game and you’re only going to see what these young guys are about if you play them.

jsp

He’s got 1 year on his deal.

I think he will want more opportunities with Europa league next season I see opportunities for him but unless we have options to extent that deal then he needs to sign or be sold.

Talk of PSG makes no sense sounds more like agent trying to get a new deal sorted but other clubs will circle he’s good mates with Sancho so he will be seeing what his mate is up to and thinking what about me it happened with Pogba talent won’t always wait. These kids are clued up now they know U23 is a waste of time.

There’s a report Ole said he had physical concerns about Gomes in first team football he’s 5 3 and not particularly strong.

Utd have to make a call this summer I’d make him an offer to stay and say they want him to stay and feature in Europa league do well in that and you’ll be in the first team setup if it isn’t working out then in January you’ll be allowed to go on loan wherever you want.

Mr C

5, 3! that is too small. Even Zola was taller than that, he was proper class though.

jsp

5, 3! that is too small. Even Zola was taller than that, he was proper class though.
Small can be useful makes you very hard to knock off the ball because you are so low height is not how you judge a players ability.

boothstownred

This infuriates me a bit. You can't get much more old school English than " he is too small". Apart from the fact it is all about ability he has probably spent all his life playing against giants trying to kick him.