Andy Murray to retire 2019?

done well to get 3 slams with the quality of player thas has been around during his time.

Shame for Murray but sounds like the right choice for his long term health and quality of life.

He’s visibly struggling. If this is the last game he ever plays he’s certainly fighting through the pain barrier and giving it his all.

He’s out in 5 sets. Wonder if he’ll call it a day or not. Hopefully he can retire in his terms at Wimbledon.

Such a strange match. A lot of people won’t want him to retire after that. But I suppose it was just one match and he will feel it tomorrow

I think if I was him i'd sit out the remainder of the season call it a semi retirement and have one last go at Queens where he's the record winner and if he can after that then at Wimbledon. Say goodbye to the fans on home soil.

Such a strange match. A lot of people won’t want him to retire after that. But I suppose it was just one match and he will feel it tomorrow
That’s the thing, he can still be involved in these epic matches and a lot of the time come out on top. But if you asked him to play another five setter in two days I don’t think his body could handle it.

He said after the game

'If it was my last match, it was an amazing way to end. I literally gave everything I had. It wasn't enough tonight, so congratulations to Roberto and his team.

'Maybe I'll see you again. I'll do everything possibly to try. If I want to go again, I'll need to have a big operation where there are no guarantees I will be able to come back from. I will give it my best shot.'

That sounds like a man who thinks it's too early to give it all up. I think he'll undergo the ops and we'll see him playing again. If we ever see him back to the level he was is a different story though but I see him giving it his best.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back