Andy Mitten - Paul Scholes Interview

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't disagree with most of that. Don't agree with everything he's said and that's the same when he's on TV but he tells it how he sees it and Rio is similar. I often feel Gary Nev holds back a bit too much apart from the other night when there were reports about Mourinho getting sack, maybe i'm wrong but I often listen to him and think "come on Gary, tell us what you really think!" and he did the other night. I think they're all wary of sticking the knife in further and making things worse but you can definitely see there's anger there when on TV and recently that's coming out more, relaxed a bit with that comeback last week but suspect the approach in the 2nd half was another false dawn and these frustrations will come back in the next month.

I think Neville quickly became aware that he had a very strong voice in the media so going after managers when he was planning on being a manager was harsh but like you say it feels like he's hit a bit of a breaking point with the way things are going now and his anger is aimed above Mourinho to the board. You never know maybe he's had the nod from Sir Alex to say Woodward is fair game now.

Scholes is what he is which is brutaly honest he doesn't pull punches and he can't hide it you can see when he's talking how frustrated he is watching the team and how bored he is at times with it all.

He’s basically saying what we all have. Lukaku isn’t good enough. Martial and Rashford needs more minutes if they’re to fulfil potential. Pogba isn’t consistent and relied on Pirlo. Sanchez isn’t a United player. He’d love to see Mourinho make it work but don’t think he will. Nothing outlandish has really been said there. Anything your average fan could have give other than his views on Thornley.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back