Great stuff.. The number of midfielders that will be in the Academy then will be crazy.

Daehli played a few games towards the back end of last season and he was only 15 at the time aswell so he might make a few appearances.

Even if he doesn't turn 16, he can still join the club, he might not play for a while but he can still join. I'd imagine he'll be with the U16s at first like Januzaj and Daehli have done.

Few media outlets "confirming" it. No confirmation from the club yet, don't think there ever is with these deals though. We'll know when he plays. He turns 16 in January by the way.

Andreas Pereira has told De Telegraaf that he will join Manchester United in January when he is 16.

Anyone know the height of this guy? I'm somewhat hoping hes in the David Silva mould!

"Setting up my team-mates, scoring goals and a good shot are my qualities". A complete opposite to Anderson then? Haha!

"Setting up my team-mates, scoring goals and a good shot are my qualities"

Virtually how I'd describe myself.

Haha. "I'm able to score lovely finesse shots from outside the box but I can't tackle anyone."

That's probably more like it.

Recently finished top scorer of the Aegean Cup with 5 goals. He's been over here a week or so now and watched us thrash Swansea.

Can a mod move this to the academy forum now he's joined?

Edit: thanks

What's the Aegean Cup? National team? Looking forward to seeing him play, I'd imagine we'll have to wait till towards the end of the season once he's settled down properly. Seems like it's a priority of the scouting network to get youngster's who are comfortable on the ball hence Daehli, Januaz etc and now this dude.

He's only just turned 16, so unlikely he's going to play for U18s soon. When Daehli came he spent most of his time with the U16s, i'd expect the same with this lad.

When Paul McGuinness thinks he's ready...... He's only been training with the club for a week or two so will be a while I'd of thought. I'd imagine he'll be allowed to settle in properly this season and play more regularly next season, similar to Daehli last season.

Well that's an almighty cock up if true.... Wouldn't have expected him to play that much anyway though.....

Video of Pereira representing Belgium's U16s in a tournament in Turkey.

[youtube]PGtQfmeh-jI[/youtube]

Really excited to see this kid play. How have such a small country like Belgium got so many good young players coming through? England need to get their act together.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back