Andreas Pereira ~ Stay or Go?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So he's under contract until 2020 meaning it's kind of crunch time for him this summer.

Do Utd sort him out a new contract and keep him as part of the first team squad next season or do they just cash in and let him go elsewhere?

He's 23 now he's just made his 100th senior appearance including loan games.

For me nothing about what I've seen makes me think this kid will be anywhere near good enough for Utd I think it's time to cash in even in a season where midfield has been a problem he's struggled to get games to me he looks like a Januzaj good but not good enough and he needs to move on for his own good.

I don't think we'll get much money for him £5-10m plus some sort of sell on clauses but I just don't see what we gain by keeping him around.

He’s a funny one. It’s probably time for a fresh start somewhere else, he was probably most at home in Spain so would say that would be his next destination.

You always need a squad so am happy for him to stay but for him I think he probably needs to go. I think Ole has more faith in youth so he may want to keep him around. Going to be an interesting summer on so many fronts. How many people get the chop is the most intriguing. We’ve spoke in here for so many summers about the need to get rid of dead wood. Van Gaal did it to a degree when he got rid of Hernandez, Welbeck and Kagawa in one go. But now we really need to do it!

I think there are other more promising kids who deserve those development spots in the squad going forward.

At 23 how much better do we think he'll actually get?

He's a strange one because he's a number 10 but he's never really had the chance to play that position at Utd because we haven't played that system when he's been here.

At 23 he's well short of senior appearances so unless they see some late bloomer potential like Lingard who did a lot more development out on loan then I think this lad is sort of missing out on his career.

A move to a decent standard French/Spanish/Portuguese club might do him the world of good just go and play 40 games a season in a first team in a setup where they are known for developing players. I think he's worried that if he leaves a top name team he'll never get back to the top.

His style, his ability seems better suited to a mid table side in Spain. He's a nice neat tidy player, bit of skill and an occasional flash to him but not good enough overall.

Signed a new 4 year contract. Surprised at that.

That's a real surprise to be honest. He's not shown that he's got the ability to play at the highest level in my opinion.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back