Andreas Pereira signs new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Andreas Pereira signs new contract - Official Manchester United Website

Andreas Pereira has signed a new contract at Manchester United which keeps him at the club until at least June 2018, with an option to extend for a further year.

The young midfielder, 19, joined the Academy system in 2011 and has progressed to the first-team squad from the start of this season. He made his debut in August 2014 in the League Cup against MK Dons.

Louis van Gaal said: "I am delighted that Andreas has signed a new contract. Andreas has all the attributes to become an integral part of the first team; great natural talent coupled with a good appetite to learn.

"I am pleased with his progression so far this season and look forward to working with him to develop his talent even further.”

Andreas Pereira said: "I am pleased to have signed my new contract. I would like to thank the manager for giving me the opportunity to join the first-team squad. I made my Premier League debut against Tottenham Hotspur and to play at Old Trafford in front of so many fans was a dream come true.

"I am at the right club to continue my development as a player and to learn as much as I can. I want to thank my family and God for the opportunity he has given me."

Not sure. Unless there are injuries I don't see him getting much gametime. Van Gaal is not big on rotation regardless of how many games his team has to play but he does like introducing young players. So unless there are injuries I suspect he'll have a lot of work to do to get in to the side. A loan to PSV as part of a Depay deal may happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back