Red Cards​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Premier League: Southampton 1-1 Manchester United - 31st August 2019

He's not good enough.

Would he start for another Premier League club?

Premier league club? Of course. Including one of the top 6. He’s as good as Mount whose starting for another in Periera’s favoured position.

I think he would easily start for another premier league club, not a top one though. I still don’t think we know what his best position is, he gets lost in the centre, probably not quite good enough on the right despite his good delivery. It’s a perplexing one but I don’t think he’s good enough to start for us but hey we are not exactly a top team anymore, there is still a lot of mediocrity!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he played on the right during his loan spell at Valencia?

I thought he was ok today but I agree he’s nowhere near the standard and will probably get moved on next summer but with us short of numbers he will get plenty of games this season.

He’d get in most PL sides but he wouldn’t get in any top 6 sides and he wouldn’t get in at Wolves, Everton or Leicester either. He’s got Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton written all over him.

He definitely isn't good enough for us. How bad has fred got to be to not get in this midfield

The talk on Fred seems to be he’s way behind on fitness because he returned late having got married over the summer... don’t get me started on that one.

You’d hope that after internationals we’ll start seeing him as the midweek games start with league cup and europa league.

Firstly getting married during pre season is a sackable offence as far as I'm concerned. Secondly he should be fit enough to start by now.

Firstly getting married during pre season is a sackable offence as far as I'm concerned. Secondly he should be fit enough to start by now.

Well that’s the right time to do it but he should have been told once he wasn’t in the copa America to bring it forward so he can report back to training on time or worst case delay it until next summer when there’s no tournament.

He should have been first one through the door this season making sure he was in tip top shape to get his spot in the team nailed down.

Don't really see how an important pre season is the right time to get married. Obviously better than during the season but u would have liked to have seen a bit more commitment from him

Don't really see how an important pre season is the right time to get married. Obviously better than during the season but u would have liked to have seen a bit more commitment from him

Well the summer is the time to get married if you’re a footballer as you are on holiday.

The issue was he booked the wedding for July assuming he was going to be at the Copa America and therefore he’d still be on holiday as he’d be coming back late but he didn’t make the squad so he should have been back at Utd before his wedding. I assume it was to late to change the date so Utd allowed him to come back late.

He’d better pay Ole back for that generosity

I don't know if it's my attitude towards football or marriage but I would rather have got married at a registry office than miss a pre season when I am trying to make an impression. But I take your point

I don't know if it's my attitude towards football or marriage but I would rather have got married at a registry office than miss a pre season when I am trying to make an impression. But I take your point

Imagine telling the mrs we’ve got to cancel the wedding for another year because I’ve had a shit season and been dropped by the national team.

That said not convinced Ole fancies him anyway hardly played under him last season even when he was fit.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal - 30th September 2019

Probably his best performance of the season.

He just isn't good enough, he'll be first out the door when the new midfield is bought

I was impressed with him for probably the first time yesterday. Thought he was a lot slower than he looked yesterday.

Yep decent performance but still not seeing anything that makes me think keep him around.

Any offer that comes next summer we should probably take it.

Not strong enough to be a centre mid, not quick enough to be a wide player.

Strikes a nice ball and decent close control but he’s a mid table player needs to go off and play at a club where he can play every week that might unlock whatever remaining potential he has but he’s not going to do it here.

Vs Liverpool

His best performance in a Utd shirt everything was there today aggression in pressing them, biting into tackles, quality passing when he got the ball, looked after it when he had to.

Yep can’t agree more, thought he was really excellent today and looked much more comfortable inside. It’s only one performance and he needs to keep kicking on.

He sounded great on the radio, I don't rate him, hopefully he'll prove me wrong

Premier League: AFC Bournemouth 1-0 Manchester United - 2nd November 2019

I don’t see it. I’m not sure what he excels at.

We have a few players, including Pereira, that dont seem to have played too badly but at the end of the game you sort of think " what has he actually done ".

Premier League: AFC Bournemouth 1-0 Manchester United - 2nd November 2019

I don’t see it. I’m not sure what he excels at.
That's been the case for years now. He's failed to produce for any United manager. He's not cut out for this league hence why his "success" has been on loan outside the league.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-1 Brighton & Hove Albion - 10th November 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he's played well last couple of games. Maybe he can prove me wrong.

He's playing ok but I just think the expectation with him has been set so low that basically doing something pretty average in a game is being dressed up as being great.

Given space he's effective but in the games where teams are sitting deep he's really ineffective and that is where you need your number 10 to provide something different to open the door. I'd certainly rather see him at number 10 that Mata or Lingard but really to get where we want to be he's nowhere near the standard.

There may be space in a squad for him as I can't see Mata and Lingard being around next season but he should not be getting more than 10 or 15 games a season in a top side and you'd say most of them would be cup games.

I think if Ole wants to stick with the 4-2-3-1 or even his 3-4-1-2 system he's got to go and buy a number 10 in the summer who can be that link between midfield and attack they obviously tried with Dybala last summer and couldn't get it done but I think it has to be a priority next summer.

Bruno Fernandez is the man everyone is talking about. Apparently turned down a contract offer too.

Bruno Fernandez is the man everyone is talking about. Apparently turned down a contract offer too.

Yeah but you kind of feel he's the next Gaitan/Garay a guy we are constantly linked to but have no interest in signing he was on the market all summer and Utd didn't put in a single bid for him so I'm not convinced he's actually one we want.

Also, not really sure he's a number 10 he's a bit like Pogba likes to play a bit deeper when he's fit I do sort of expect Pogba to play the number 10 in the big games and in the easier games where we will have the ball he'll play alongside McTominay in midfield but I think we all know that Pogba will go next summer.

Premier League: Sheffield United 3-3 Manchester United - 24th November 2019

I have absolutely no idea what Solskjaer sees in Pereira. I’d love to know what he does see in him.

I don’t think he sees much in him just options are limited.

Lingard is woeful, Mata not got the legs for the PL, Gomes not ready for the PL plus he’s lost arguably his 3 first choice CMs to injury which means it’s Periera because he’s the only option.

If Garner gets some chances in the next few weeks and plays well I think he will jump ahead of Periera.

Can’t wait to actually see a midfield of Pogba, McTominay and Fred - still not world class but it’s the best three we have.

Pereira is a trier but nothing much more and he’s no good at all in a two man midfield. He’s not strong enough and can’t dictate play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back