FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0

Previous Seasons
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2017/18
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Thought he was excellent last night. Always composed in possession and I can’t really remember him losing it. He definitely feels like a new signing and our midfield felt more dynamic with him in.

That passing midfielder has been a big miss in recent seasons with Carrick not available as much. Provided a lot defensively too. In these home games where we’ve struggled to break the opposition down, I think he’s ideal and should be played ahead of Matic who slows things down. His passing range is arguably the best at the club.

Red Warrior

I thought he was ok Saturday, he didn't really impose himself as much as I hoped. But, we all know that no matter how good he is, as soon as Matic comes back from injury Pereira will be dropped like a stone, like Martial and Shaw!

IDFD

I actually thought he was to risk adverse on Friday. Was looking for more cutting edge from him in the role. Played the easy pass every time. Matic can do that he needs to show he’s got more in his locker. But first premier league start for the club and there was bound to be a few nerves there. No one looks great in the season opener.

jsp

I actually thought he was to risk adverse on Friday. Was looking for more cutting edge from him in the role. Played the easy pass every time. Matic can do that he needs to show he’s got more in his locker. But first premier league start for the club and there was bound to be a few nerves there. No one looks great in the season opener.
I guess first game under the new manager in a new position just do the job the normal guy does to start with and make the right impression on the manager. Start with the basics then add the more complicated bits after.

I think once Matic & Herrera are back it's unlikely we will see him in that role but it would be nice to see him playing as one of the more attacking centre mids (number 8's) or he might give us more from the right obviously hasn't got the experience of Mata but will give us a bit more speed in attacks than Mata does.

Really enjoyed watching Pereira in pre-season and great to see him carry that form through to the Premier League. There have been similarly talented players in/around Pereira's age groups (Januzaj, Wilson etc) who haven't made it here but Pereira's attitude seems to separate him from the others.

Great decision by him to enforce the loan last season too - aside from playing for a side like Valencia, experiencing a new environment at that age must have done wonders for him - following on from his spell at Grenada. He's had a very rounded development to date with his loans and the clubs he's been with (including PSV) so it all bodes very well going forward for him.

jsp

I think the loan backfired on him a bit last season because with our injuries in midfield he'd have got chances here instead Mourinho had to turn to McTominay. At the time it was 100% the right call but Pogba was injured for a few months just after the loan move and at the same time Fellaini/Carrick were out and Herrera was short of fitness.

As a lot of the pros say there's loads of kids with talent it's the ones who crack the mental side of it who make it Periera not afraid to make brave calls he made it clear in pre season he wanted to prove himself to Mourinho and it would seem he's already got himself ahead of Managers Player of the Year Scott McTominay.

Kept it simple but was a lot quicker in his passing than Matic will ever be, he doesn't need to play lots of risky passes, just needs to keep it ticking. Issue with Matic isn't that he plays simple, it's that he slows play down and isn't very mobile, not the case with Pereira. Matic will be first choice, he's experienced and Mourinho trusts him defensively. Pereira is inexperienced in this role and has a lot to learn. He adds a lot to the role though especially when we need to move the ball quicker, I think Fred can also do this.

I like what I'm reading and hearing about Pereira. Trouble is once Matic and Herrera are back he drops way down the list. But I like what he can offer this midfield in terms of his technical ability.