Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0

Previous Seasons
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2016/17

Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Thought he was ace this time last year, not as many games to impress last summer though, huge chance this summer with plenty of games to come and midfield options are bare at present. His vision and range of passing is excellent and he has that bit of Herrera snide about him too. Think he could be perfect backup to Pogba and that is needed.

Pre Season: LA Galaxy 2-5 Manchester United - 16th July 2017

What I found the most interesting last night was how well pereira played in a deeper role. He did well from centre mid against an improved second half galaxy side. Do people think that Jose is thinking about changing his game to play there long term? How do people think he would get on in prem against teams form there? Is he physical enough to withstand it?

For anyone that has seen him through the ranks they will know he actually has quite a nasty streak in him. Physically he is similar to Ander, I would say. Certainly not a Roy Keane but I think he could do a decent job anywhere in the midfield.

I think he looks smaller next to Herrera both in height and weight. As a 10 or winger which his predominantly played as his needed to be quicker and more agile. Just think if his going to play in centre mid his going to have to bulk up a bit.

Last season at Granada he picked up a few yellows and a red for being over aggressive and his going to have to control that as well to give himself a chance.

If these things can change over the next few weeks on tour, he could be a brilliant player in there. Technically wise his sound. His so comfortable on the ball. But I think if he does stay Fosu-Mensah might end up getting loaned out instead.

It's always hard to judge the young kids on pre season games but it's good to hear he played well. I imagine the real impressions are made in training.

It was a role he impressed in last summer. Think he can play anywhere in midfield to be honest, he has the skill set. Reminds me of Kovacic in this respect, in that he can play anywhere in midfield, pick the ball up deep and either pass forward or dribble forward. Has the vision and technique to play deep, as Booth said has a nasty streak in him too like Ander. Still very young and not played a lot in a deeper role so probably does have a lot to learn defensively and about the position in general. I would prefer a deep lying playmaker like him to a limited ball player playing that deeper role, someone happy to take risks and look to play it forward first.

I guess the test will be can he win the ball back through tackles/interceptions enough to impress Mourinho as that's a key part of the game in there. There's also the physical side of things Mourinho likes big strong players as he knows the threat set pieces can bring so I think he wants big midfielders to give him that extra power on these.

Would be great though if academy guys like Periera & TFM can give him more options in midfield.

He did well in the deep role, however I feel he will be utilised as a foil for Pogba or Herrera in the slightly more advanced midfield role of the 3. He could well be a very useful squad player this season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back