Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholesy18

Never been his biggest fan but to me he gives us a creative talent capable of putting in a defensive, more so than Ji Sung Park.

Valencia like to use Abelda as their creative talent from deep and Anderson did a good job holding him up. He may be quite poor shooting wise but hes never shy ed away from a tackle before. His best position has been debated at length, but he often seems to turn in good performances in games where we are playing defensively as a whole, and therefore the attacking role is still broadly defensive-minded.

Now this is not always essential in Premier League games where we play lower opposition at home and he needs to create. Thats a whole nother side to his game he needs to fix. But its no coincidence he has his best games against Arsenal and Liverpool. Just like Park, he may be a vital big game player for us that might be worth justifying his position at this club

His actual shooting is not the problem, he just leans back to much when taking a shot, recently for the Reserves and there was a blocked shot of his last night where he got over the ball more, if he continues to do that, he'll start scoring more.

Very good play last night not only was he threat in going forward but like you say Albelda was pretty much a ghost.

Very good all round midfielder, see him as more of an AM in the future needs to stay injury free and focused. I think we've got ourselves a brilliant player.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6442649,00.html

Not great if quotes are real, his English isn't great so maybe it's a misunderstanding, possibly was talking in Brazilian too so maybe even a mis-translation. I like Ando, needs to step up but I wouldn't be surprised if he does go back to Porto next summer. With possible signings and younger lads coming through.

It's a Half true. He said he wants to play for Porto again, but not now. He wants to go back to portugal but only when he leaves United. He still has a house there and he's always travelling to Portugal. He also said that if he can't return to portugal he would like to play for Gremio again. He also said that Bebe is living with him.

Clarifying this whole story once for all, A Portuguese newspaper have published today some Ando's statements about this article. Of course, he denied everything And apparently, He's already talking with your lawyers, 'cause he's considering to sue The Sun or whoever invented this story.

Some parts translated:

I'm sorry that some unserious people have perverted what I actually said. And what I actually said was that one day, in late career, I would welcome a return to Porto, the club that marked my life and where I have many friends, as well as Gremio, the club of my city and where I started my career

About United:

It's there that want to stay. I'm working well, I'm recovering my form this year and want to be decisive for the achievements of Manchester United. I'm happy there

Source: http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=226134

Again thank you Jorgefoo.

I've really liked what i've seen of Ando so far this season, hopefully we'll continue to see more of him and he'll get better and better like Nani has.

Panathinaikos interested in signing Ando on loan with view to permanent move. Can't see it happening but with Ninis possibly coming our way from there it's not impossible. Expect Ando to stay though and play in his normal role on a regular basis and not on the left. Personally feel like he's been criticised a bit recently due to the fact he's played a bit on the left which is not his position. When played in a more central role, I feel he's played well but there's more to come.

Depending on funds available, which young players step up before next summer and whether certain players such as Carrick are still up to challenge, we could see a major overhaul in the squad next summer.

We need someone, who attempts through balls, if the balls were more accurate I think we would have scored more. I think Carrick needs that back, might be a lack of confidence in that respect, he seemed to be seeking the easy pass all the time instead of playing a bit of risking passes, he has the ability, just needs to believe he can do it again, I think he was the one who passed through for Chicha's chance though, just didn't see enough of it.

Asked David Stowell of MUTV a few questions just now about his English and whether he was injured or still ill...

"Ando is enjoying speaking English more now according to the lads. I think the virus knocked a few of them for 6"

i'm glad it's only the virus, thought transfer rumors would start again, thta too he was looking pretty good since his return

There have been rumours recently he's on his way to Panathinaikos in January.

well not at the same scale as it was last season? i think he'll stay, he's starting to find his feet at the and work harder in games. Huge improvement over Ando from last year!!
Interesting that Nani was also injured around this time last season before he began that remarkable turn around in Jan, Maybe Ando is going to produce an Encore of that?

Hope he stays, would be a shame to see him not realise his true potential with us. Would be weird if Ando suddenly turned consistently good like Nani did last year.

Just been informed that he is injured and it's not just illness, no news on what the injury is, not serious, will find out whether he's recovered from injury tomorrow at SAF presser at 16:30.

Manchester United Official Web Site - Boss salutes Anderson

Anderson's recent upsurge in form has underlined his potential importance to United's future.

The Brazilian has been among the Reds' outstanding performers against Blackburn, West Ham and Valencia and, after he scored a vital equaliser against the Spaniards, Sir Alex Ferguson admitted the 22-year-old is showing his worth.

"He’s been absolutely brilliant, tremendous," the manager told MUTV. "He offers something different from the other midfield players we’ve got. He’s got tremendous pace and he can beat a man.

"He’s always decisive in his passing in terms of penetration. So he’s different from the other midfield players we’ve got, like Darren, Michael and Scholesy, who lies a bit deeper at his age."

Anderson's strike against Valencia was only his second for the club and his first at Old Trafford, and Sir Alex is keen for the midfielder to regularly contribute goals in the future.

"He should score more goals," he said. "He’s got the pace and power. He’s clever, he’s accurate with his passing, he should be accurate with his finishing and he’s taken his goal well tonight. I’m pleased. That’ll help him."

Hope he stays, would be a shame to see him not realise his true potential with us. Would be weird if Ando suddenly turned consistently good like Nani did last year.

Was thinking the same mate,would be good if his form took off like Nani's did.Have to say hes been looking lively lately and putting in a few good performances.All the rumours about him leaving might of been just the tonic or kick up the arse he may of needed,just as it did for Nani !

anderson.gif

I've posted that article above mate... Nice GIF though. haha.

My fault, should have put it in quotes. I'm ill, so i'm a bit lazy at the minute. Man Flu dominates my winters. Should really move to somewhere hotter.

he outperformed Carrick against Valencia, made excellent runs, and great passes. one of his best performances this season?

Ando's added more defensive work to his game now, Tracks back much better now, required if he needs to play well in a midfield duo.

Carrick does sit deep and spray passes but his range of passing has come down a lot, he doesn't create much these days, no more long balls over the defence, or through balls, very few

To be honest I saw a bit of a Box to Box midfielder in Ando against Valencia.

another good performance in midfield, must be the first time he's performing well in continuous games. hope it remains till the end of the season

Unlucky not to score last night, good save by scznecy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back