Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Previous Seasons
Ander Herrera | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
Ander Herrera | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

League Cup: Northampton Town 1-3 Manchester United - 21st September 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thought he was very good tonight. Only Northampton but attitude was spot on and that was needed after 3 defeats in a row and talks of disharmony already.

For me he should be playing every week. All over the pitch, winning balls back and we know hes not afraid to shoot.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Leicester City - 24th September 2016

Exactly what I wanted to see from him today. Always shown that he's a good player but provided more than just that today. Showed his importance in this team. Turns defence to attack quicker than anyone else we have. Excellent performance.

He was United's best player. He was main reason why the tempo of play was much quicker.

Mourinho: "But he (Pogba) and Ander in midfield were a good complement. Ander is a kid who brings intensity under pressure. From a defensive point of view it was important to have fast players on the pitch to recover a team that is very direct in their counter attack with lots of long balls and people arriving from behind. We changed our team to play against Leicester and the specific qualities they have. I like Ander that is why I think I have used him every match. Sometimes he starts, sometimes he is on the bench. He is a player I always liked when we were in Spain together in La Liga. I know him very very well. So the fact last season was not a happy season for him doesn't mean I don't like him. I like him a lot."

6 interceptions by Herrera today. Carrick at his peak would have been delighted with that.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 17th October 2016

His best performance for United. He was excellent. Combined total of 18 tackles and interceptions.

He's revelling playing under Mourinho. Long may this continue. Terrific attitude.

Mourinho seems to have found an effective way to use him and he seems to be reveling in his new role. His work rate was excellent yesterday.

Best performance i've seen from a United player in some time. Remember lots doubting whether he could play that deeper role in the big games, doubts that he was good enough defensively, proved them wrong last night. He can be Mourinho's main man at United. Showed captaincy material during the game and after in his interview, spoke really well.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal - 19th November 2016

Very good. His pressing was excellent and provided an attacking impetuous in the attacking third.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur - 11th December 2016

Tight call at the minute between him and Valencia for our player of the year. Becoming our most important player, would like to see more goals from him though I think.

Man oh man that pass to Mkhitaryan was a thing of beauty! He's definitely making himself a key part of this team!

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool - 15th January 2017

Having a cracking season. Not much getting wrote about him.

I thought he was the best of a bad bunch in midfield. Two passes aside his quality and what he did with the ball was poor.

It will be an unpopular opinion, but I think we can do better and would like an upgrade in the summer.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Watford - 11th November 2017

Tackling machine.

was just about to say another goal coming from an Herrera tackle/interception.

Europa League: Manchester United 3-0 St Etienne - 16th February 2017

He was all over the place in the first half. Not convinced he can develop into a holding midfielder in a 4-3-3 if that's Mourinho's thinking.

FA Cup: Chelsea v Manchester United - 13th March 2017

First yellow:

Second yellow:

2 of the softest yellow cards you will ever see in football. Absolutely disgraceful refereeing.

Totally agree. I dont think either were worth a yellow. Not even convinced the first one was a foul. Ander didnt change his stride pattern or pace to get in hazards way.

The second one was silly on Herrera's part imediately after the referee had a word with the captain about fouls.

You can see why the ref gave the first yellow but it was stupid nonetheless. What did he expect Herrera to do? Become invisible to let Hazard past, he didn't change his body position of lean into Hazatd. A bit of common sense was needed in that respect.

The second one was so soft, the referee would have booked anyone for anything after his little talking too to the players. The ref's whole performance was a little iffy to be fair.

We have been at wrong end of refs poor decisions far too often this season. Something needs to be done about it.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Chelsea - 16th April 2017

There's his best pass again. He did a great job on Hazard.

I can't think of a better individual performance in recent years.

I can't think of a better individual performance in recent years.

Mata at Anfield is the one that stands out to me

Herrera was excellent today but today was a team performance everyone was a 7/10 or better more of them 8/10 or above

He did an unbelievable job - Hazard never got in the game.

Absolutely loved his game yesterday. Knew he had that performance in him need to see it more regularly. He's fast becoming my favourite player. Love his attitude. Got that nasty side to him also

Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 23rd April 2017

Perfectly weighted pass for Martial's goal.

Excellent pass that. It was perfectly weighted too. He has been excellent this season and his contract situation needs addressing.

Not sure his contract is an issue as I think there was an automatic 1 year option on the 4 year deal he signed in 2014 so he's got 2 years to run not 1 but I think the club would be wise to tie him down long term now he's fully established in the first team and entering the peak years of his career at 27 years old.

Few headlines last week that the club were preparing a new deal for him so assuming he's happy should be relatively easy to get him sorted out.

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United - 7th May 2017

Poor to turn his back on Xhaka's effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back