Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're a better side with Herrera in there. He can spot the incisive pass and speed play up, might not always work out but we need someone who can offer that. Our build up play has been too slow.

Swansea City - 21/2/2015

Made a big difference to our midfield. Tempo and quality was better. Very good goal too.

Yeah we looked far more balanced the way we were set up yesterday with Herrera in the middle. He's potentially an excellent all-round centre midfielder.

Tottenham Hotspur - 15/3/2015

Obviously did something the other night that Van Gaal didn't like. Seems to have taken criticism/advice on board because today he was much better. Perhaps having Carrick alongside him helped.

His best performance in a while. He was excellent. Near complete midfield performance; tackles, interceptions and linked play. Possibly my man of the match.

I thought I was gouig to be the only one who was going to say he was MOTM.

MOTM was a tight call between a lot of players and none of them was De Gea. What is this?

MOTM was a tight call between a lot of players and none of them was De Gea. What is this?

Yeah hard to fault any player yesterday. They all showed up.

Herrera was probably my MOTM too. Do think playing beside Carrick helped, perhaps having Mata there too as the two have a good understanding and link up well.

Liverpool - 22/3/2015

Another top performance. His pass to Mata was brilliant.

He excels in a 3-man midfield.

Replace him with anybody else we have and we would be a lot poorer for it. It makes it baffling that Rooney was played there.

Aston Villa - 4/4/2015

Superb. Think I read that he's scored from all his shots on target. Excellent in his passing too. Sometimes his passing goes unread, hopefully team mates can get on his wavelength. Most in form CM right now?

He was excellent. Two top finishes.

From Squawka: Herrera scores a goal, plays a key pass or records an assist once every 60 mins in the league this season.

Can't argue with that. Can still remember watching games over the past 5 years where I've been crying out for a midfielder to pop up at the edge of the box to score. For so long there was no one getting into those positions.

It would make a huge difference if he wasn't playing

He is a top player. I have thought so all season. I am not really sure why it took so long to establish it. His quickness of passing, movement and thought is excellent.

Manchester City - 12/4/2015

Just oozes class. Nothing flash today but played a big part I thought and mugged Fernandinho right off with some great footwork.

Pretty much the only player not to shit themselves in the first 15-20

Chelsea - 18/4/2015

Few iffy moments, which was to be expected playing in an unfamiliar role, but very good overall. He was better in the role than I expected. Match stats: 5 interceptions, 3 tackles, 110 touches, 95% pass accuracy.

Yeah I think people maybe don't realise he's actually played the role for Athletic Bilbao. Big show of trust from Van Gaal today. Missed him being able to support Mata and Valencia down the right though.

He tried his best but he's not a dm, far better linking play further forward.

Arsenal - 17/5/2015

Thoroughly enjoyable player. I'd like to see another mid brought in next season to sit alongside Carrick/Blind with Herrera pushed further forward as more of a 10, superb in the final third. A quicker, more dynamic striker getting on the end of his through balls would be ace.

He's bloody wonderful. I wonder how much of a difference he would have made last season.

He will flourish even more next season if we sign the right players in the summer.

He will flourish even more next season if we sign the right players in the summer.

Who do you think can make our midfield stronger playing besides him? I think we would have been very well served with someone like Vidal alongside him.

Someone who can play play at a high tempo and is capable of quick first time passing. Not sure on names. Pre-injury Gundogan would have been ideal.

Hull City - 24/5/2015

He was about 1 of 2 players who looked like they weren't already on their Dubai holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back