Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Ander Herrera match discussion thread for the 2014/15 season.

LA Galaxy - 24/7/2014

Midfield masterclass, not much of an opposition but you can tell he's very good. Set up pretty much all 7 bar the pen I think. Good link up between him and Mata in first half.

He was excellent. Looked very comfortable on the ball. He can be class. I know it was against a poor side but he was good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top performance. Exciting to see a gifted, progressive midfielder in our midfield.

Keeps it well and works hard to win possession. Loves a through ball.

I'd forgotten what a good midfield performance looked like.

Hopefully performs like that when it matters. Very promising start. It was only LA Galaxy but having seen him play against Real and Barca... and us, he can perform like that against better opposition. He made it look easy against Galaxy.

Played 90, probably unlikely that he'll start on Saturday night now which is a shame, although we haven't really got the options to not play him or Fletcher, who also played 90, Fletch probably more likely to sit it out, given condition. Perhaps 45 each next to Cleverley. Powell joining up with squad before the game but surely not ready to play yet. Might see Jones in midfield at some point, although not got much options at the back to do that either. We really need some CB's if we're going to play 3, if we lose 1 we're in a bit of a pickle.

Roma - 26/7/2014

Inter Milan - 30/7/2014

Quiet performance. Not really involved, did little with the ball after creating space well for himself in tight areas and was rash trying to win back possession.

Impressed me again. Wonderful movement, one touch passing. Love his aggression.

This kid will be a beast. He looks like an angel but a real RED DEVIL :) like he was cut from Scholesy's loin cloth. Herrera is a gem !!

Ander Herrera reveals 'confidence is increasing' as he enjoys start to Manchester United career - Premier League - Football - The Independent

Thought it was interesting the other night that in the first half when he was on the field, a lot of our play went through the middle, in the second half we played mostly out wide. Of course we also lost Mata, Rooney and Welbeck from the middle for the second half. I'd like to see how Fletcher and Cleverley do with the first choice front 3. There's more movement going on upfront under van Gaal, makes it easier for the centre mids to pass the ball forward to them.

Real Madrid - 2/8/2014

The main thing I love about Herrera is that he's always moving. We haven't seen him stand still yet, he's either available or creating room by moving for other players.

Said the same thing to the old king last night. Plays a pass and instantly moves to receive it back

Liverpool - 5/8/2014

Valencia - 12/8/2014

A couple of bad moments but thought he was very good for most part. That touch from a high ball was class too.

He seems a proper footy fan. Nice to see and read about intelligent, passionate footballers.

Swansea City - 16/8/2014

I didn't understand subbing him off, we'd just got ourselves back in the game and were starting to improve, we regressed when he went off.

Without a doubt. He wasn't spectacular by any means but his work rate was good and his passing safe on the whole. Not a good substitution for me.

He was okay. Impressive work rate, but need more from him when the team is in possession. Odd he was replaced.

Qpr - 14/9/2014

Best performance yet. Blind and Di Maria have taken the plaudits but Herrera was just as good.

It feels good to have a midfield that can boss the opposition again. It's been far too long.

Compliments Blind well, always showing for each other.

I never saw Robson but seen a few older lads make the comparison. Probably the highest compliment you can pay and exactly the sort of midfielder most of us want to see.

Excellent. 1 goal, 1 assist, 4 chances created, 8/8 successful tackles. His energy, passing, tackling, workrate was brilliant and his involvement in Rooney's goal was excellent. Possibly my man of the match.

Excellent. 1 goal, 1 assist, 4 chances created, 8/8 successful tackles. His energy, passing, tackling, workrate was brilliant and his involvement in Rooney's goal was excellent. Possibly my man of the match.

Pleased you said that as you've been more critical of him than me in previous games. I thought the same but didn't seem like he was getting much praise.

Also, lost count the amount of times in the past where i've been crying out for a midfielder to be on the edge of the box to have a pop and there's been no one there and when there's been one there, they've looked for a pass instead. Even Scholes in his later years was like this, maybe an instruction to not shoot as much outside the area. It's been frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back