Champions League 0
Super Cup 0

Previous Seasons
Ander Herrera | Match Discussion thread 2016/17

Ander Herrera | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Ander Herrera | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Champions League: CSKA Moscow v Manchester United - 27th September 2017

He played well.

Missed the first half hour but he looked good last night in the bit I saw, finally looked like he might have got himself up to speed after a slow start which is partly down to injury in pre season.

Player of the season last year but has to step up another level now and that can only be a good thing. Matic is playing how he did when he went back to Chelsea, if not better. Fellaini probably playing his best football ever. Pogba when fit is one of the first on team sheet. Love Herrera but does need to do more now, those ahead of him are scoring, contributing in attack and defence and simply playing really well. Competition for places is great, our midfield is in it's best place in nearly 10 years.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Crystal Palace - 30th September 2017

Nice cameo.

He did very well when he came on. It's great to see everyone having to up their game, it's been a while since we had selection issues for the right reasons.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 15th October 2017

He was sloppy.

Needs to find his form with the injuries we have. A shame to hear that he was sloppy again.

Premier League: Huddersfield 2-1 Manchester United - 21st October 2017

Herrera is competing with Matic not Fellaini for a place in the team.

Premier League: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United - 5th November 2017

His positional discipline/awareness is poor, which consequently leaves midfield open and easy to pass through.

Dreadful so far this season. His pressing has been a strength since he joined us but it's been poor from him this season.

Hasn't looked sharp all season, almost feels like he isn't fit and when he's in the team with Matic it feels like it's 2 men trying to do the same job as he can't be a stand in for Pogba.

Feels to me like Herrera is now backup to Matic and it's hard to see how he fits in our best team if we played a 3 man midfield based on form at the moment when all are fit it would be Fellaini ahead of him all day long.

Even young McTominay has looked more comfortable than him although he has played against the weaker opposition.

Champions League: FC Basel 1-0 Manchester United - 22nd November 2017

He was okay in the first, and played one brilliant pass to Martial. Quiet second half.

I think he's on thin ice in terms of his Utd future he had a good season last year his best of the 3 he's had but he has gone backwards quickly this season and it's a problem, he doesn't seem to do well at coming in for the odd game here and there he's better when he has a run of matches but with better players in his position now will he get that run of games?

There's a bit of the "Spanish" Cleverley about him we all kind of want him to do well but when you really drill down to it he just isn't quite at the level we need our players to be. I mean this is a guy who's played for Man Utd for 3 seasons and has been called up to only a handful of international squads I know there's a lot of competition for the Spain side but a Utd midfielder should be competing at that level.

After how good he was last season he seems to have lost his mojo. Maybe with Matic coming in and he knew, like we all did, that Pogs would be an improvement on last year that he has lost a bit of confidence. He's had plenty of chances this season to cement his place but unfortunately not taken it at all.

His problem is the job he was good at last season was tackling and intercepting to win the ball back he finally found a role that suited him but Matic does that job now and does it better so he's lost his place in the team.

I think the hype around him got way out of control last season because he's a popular type of player with fans because he gets stuck in and to be fair he tends to perform in big games and he got one of the player of the year awards because I think everyone agreed we can't keep giving it to De Gea and Pogba/Zlatan got injured towards the end of the season.

When he's come in the side we've needed him to provide more of a creative spark and being the guy who replaces Pogba is impossible because there are so few players like him and Herrera doesn't have that skill set he can't really spray long balls around, provide killer passes in behind or dribble past people in midfield. Pogba being so good is probably making him look bad as you'd much rather be the guy playing next to Pogba than the guy who has to replace him when he's not there.

Premier League: West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United - 17th December 2017

His quality on the ball was poor.

Premier League: Everton 0-2 Manchester United - 1st January 2018

His best performance of the season?

Was just about to comment on his performance. Thought he was very solid, in previous weeks he’s looked so off the pace but today he played well and deserves some credit. Plus him alongside Matic released Pogba who was awesome on the left so a good day at the office.

Don’t think he was brilliant but much closer to the level we were used to seeing last season from him and gave that extra protection to Matic which frees up Pogba.

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Derby County - 5th January 2018

He did well again.

Played the role he was playing last season it was almost 4-1-4-1 with just Herrera protecting the defence and Pogba pushing up high, in this form at home he gives us the option to rotate Matic and rest him.

Really happy he is finding some form. Could be crucial for the rest of the season as it gives us the opportunity to rest Matic.

Would like to see him alongside Matic in the big games with Pogba further forward supporting a front three.

Yeah was a tough start for him that injury he got in pre season maybe knocked him a bit and just don’t think he works with Matic in a midfield 2 as both want to do the same job so with Pogba back and also Fellaini we’ve got a bit more flexibility in what we can do in midfield.

FA Cup: Yeovil Town v Manchester United - 26th January 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Something about Herrera and Yeovil, must love cornish pasties and thatchers cider.

Premier League: Manchester City 2-3 Manchester United - 7th April 2018

Top assist.

He played well. I think Matic has been an upgrade on him especially defensively this season. But Ander has got heart and desire to do well for this club like you would not believe. He time wastes. Knows when to slow the game down and give us an extra bit of rest at the back. And those underhand tactics are so important in matches like yesterday.

Still need another better centre mid this summer but Ander would still be a squad member for me.

I thought he was the only player that performed to a decent level in the first half.

Premier League: Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United - 18th April 2018

Top pass in the build up to the first goal.

Great performance from Hererra. I really hope he starts on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back