Amad Diallo | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully accept that neither may be ready but if that is the case get them back into the u23s where they will at least get some football. If they are not ready to be thrown in if we need a goal then they are not really ready to be in the bench.

I fully accept that neither may be ready but if that is the case get them back into the u23s where they will at least get some football. If they are not ready to be thrown in if we need a goal then they are not really ready to be in the bench.

They are on the bench because Ole is short of senior players. Pogba, Cavani, VDB and Mata are all out and Lingard was loaned out so he’s got to put kids on the bench.

U23s haven’t had a game for 2 weeks next game is this Friday so they may play that.

Meant by the time they play again.

Be interesting to see if Amad features in the Europa league and FA cup games.

Must have had this thread open in a tab when United scored!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lovely hit.

Looks to me like a player who’s to good for this level but not quite ready for first team level.

I've said this before but I think this kid looks special. I hope we see some more of him in the coming weeks but if not then next season for sure.

Think the big thing for him will be how he develops physically he's still very small and to play top level football he's going to need to build up his strength without losing his agility/speed.

Does he though? I'm not meaning to be argumentative but why does he? Messi is slight. I mean in the PL Foden isn't a giant. I think the PL has moved on.

Does he though? I'm not meaning to be argumentative but why does he? Messi is slight. I mean in the PL Foden isn't a giant. I think the PL has moved on.

They might be slight but they are strong and tough to knock off the ball.

I'm not saying we need to turn the lad into Adama Traore he just needs to be a bit harder to knock around and that will come from natural development as he's only a teenager.

From the brief bits of first team football I've seen of him so far he's been pushed about a bit to easily and that will be something he needs to address with the clubs physio's.

Messi is a deceptively strong little bugger. Very hard to knock off the ball.

I agree Amad definitely needs to bulk up a little. I think that goes along with Mejbri as well. That’ll come in time though with all the gym work these guys put in. Think they’ll both become stars in the near future.

Yep I remember Pique saying you learn how to play football by the time your are 18 at that point the focus really becomes about physically development and tuning your body to that of a top level athlete so by the time you are 20/21 you are basically the finished product.

Some players are physically ready at 18 for top flight football but not all of them.

Man Utd 1-2 Leicester

Thought he did ok in a team that had a lot of changes.

At the moment I’d say it’s 50/50 if he’s here or on loan next season.

I was expecting more of a developed product than I've seen so far to be honest. Other than that goal vs Milan, he hasn't really impressed, but by all accounts the talent is there, he just needs time in the first team. I think loaning him out and letting him get used to life in the Premier League would benefit him more than waltzing through the U-23s.

I was expecting more of a developed product than I've seen so far to be honest. Other than that goal vs Milan, he hasn't really impressed, but by all accounts the talent is there, he just needs time in the first team. I think loaning him out and letting him get used to life in the Premier League would benefit him more than waltzing through the U-23s.

Think the U23 spell here was just about getting him settled in England but I agree he looks a little while off at the moment.

A loan move is required but it needs to be well thought out Fergie apparently is talking regularly with Gerrard could a season up at Rangers be the right sort of environment for him? Demanding fans and huge pressure to perform but a good attacking team where he will see plenty of the ball.

Not sure a season slugging it out at say Newcastle makes sense for a guy like him.

Think the U23 spell here was just about getting him settled in England but I agree he looks a little while off at the moment.

A loan move is required but it needs to be well thought out Fergie apparently is talking regularly with Gerrard could a season up at Rangers be the right sort of environment for him? Demanding fans and huge pressure to perform but a good attacking team where he will see plenty of the ball.

Not sure a season slugging it out at say Newcastle makes sense for a guy like him.
I think he'd do better to go to one of the newly promoted clubs, if they would want him, or even a Championship side before Rangers. Scotland is not enough of a challenge, or at least not enough to spin him up to be ready for the Prem.

I think he'd do better to go to one of the newly promoted clubs, if they would want him, or even a Championship side before Rangers. Scotland is not enough of a challenge, or at least not enough to spin him up to be ready for the Prem.
Quite agree. He would be seen in the SPL as a sitting duck, because of his status. Every defender would be trying to cripple the poor lad. Every Celtic player on the park, would be trying to kill him.

Would he play at a newly promoted club? Are we really expecting those newly promoted clubs to do much attacking how much of the ball would he see?

He needs to be in a team where he'll get plenty of the ball and he will have opponents trying to kick him just like he will at Utd he needs to learn how to deal with that.

There's also the bonus of Rangers playing European football next season which would also be good for him.

Potentially playing in front of a big demanding crowd every week that will expect him to deliver every game no excuses.

The standard of the opponents might not be the greatest but I think it would be character building for young players to experience that sort of pressure because it's not that different to Utd fans expect you to win every game you play.

Would he play at a newly promoted club? Are we really expecting those newly promoted clubs to do much attacking how much of the ball would he see?

He needs to be in a team where he'll get plenty of the ball and he will have opponents trying to kick him just like he will at Utd he needs to learn how to deal with that.

There's also the bonus of Rangers playing European football next season which would also be good for him.

Potentially playing in front of a big demanding crowd every week that will expect him to deliver every game no excuses.

The standard of the opponents might not be the greatest but I think it would be character building for young players to experience that sort of pressure because it's not that different to Utd fans expect you to win every game you play.
I think Rangers will be among the first teams out of European competition, so the 2 or 3 games he'd get won't really add that much. Also, playing Ross County or St. Mirren is not going to improve him, at all. Is there no team in Italy, Germany, Holland, France in the top flight that will have him?

I think Rangers will be among the first teams out of European competition, so the 2 or 3 games he'd get won't really add that much. Also, playing Ross County or St. Mirren is not going to improve him, at all. Is there no team in Italy, Germany, Holland, France in the top flight that will have him?

Don’t they go straight into the group stage now? So that’s 6 group games plus a potential Europa campaign.

Thing is you need a club that want to develop him and what is the incentive for them to develop him over one of their own?

The Dutch league is probably as weak as the Scottish league bar Ajax.

I'd much rather send him to Rangers than a promoted side who will inevitably end up resorting to defensive tactics, leaving him the odd man out. Loan clubs won't have his best interests at heart as he's not their player and we aren't going to sell him if he's any good, which we expect him to be. Unless he's performing and helping them win, he's not going to play. He'd get that opportunity at Rangers, but my only worry is how competitive the matches will be. They've walked the league this season, and other than the Old Firm matches and EL matches, they won't be really tested.

I'd much rather send him to Rangers than a promoted side who will inevitably end up resorting to defensive tactics, leaving him the odd man out. Loan clubs won't have his best interests at heart as he's not their player and we aren't going to sell him if he's any good, which we expect him to be. Unless he's performing and helping them win, he's not going to play. He'd get that opportunity at Rangers, but my only worry is how competitive the matches will be. They've walked the league this season, and other than the Old Firm matches and EL matches, they won't be really tested.
Just to correct u on that point. There is no such thing as an Old Firm game anymore. The last 1 was played in 2010 when Glasgow Rangers went bust. I think you're referring to the Glasgow derby!

Just to correct u on that point. There is no such thing as an Old Firm game anymore. The last 1 was played in 2010 when Glasgow Rangers went bust. I think you're referring to the Glasgow derby!
Ok. Glasgow derby it is then.

Agree with this. Rangers went unbeaten this season. The only real competition they get is Celtic. I wouldn't mind an Ajax loan, but maybe France or Italy are better options. Or we just throw him in the deep end and see if he can swim.

I think it'll depend what United do this summer. If they do sign Sancho (I very much doubt it) then he may need to go out on loan. If they don't sign a right winger though then I think he'll be better next year for his experiences this year.

The kid is going to be dynamite.
Agreed. He looks special to me. He looks different to a lot of younger players in that he looks composed, calm, he's got an idea in his head of what he wants to do before he gets the ball. He makes time on the ball and he keeps it simple when he needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back