Amad Diallo | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Soon to be joining us in January.

A few highlights of his CL performance the other night. Looks a real promising talent and has that low centre of gravity ala Hazard. Still very raw obviously and will need to bulk up but very talented clearly.

Has this deal actually gone through?

Good to see him get some football like you say didn’t look phased by playing in CL be interesting to see what happens with him.

Will he be a first team player?

As long as he is granted a work permit. That is presently the only snag.

So we have a Utd match thread for a player that doesn’t even play for us.

Can’t see a work permit being an issue if he’s playing sporadically in Italy and also CL games.

So now that he's actually signed do we think we'll see much of him this season?

It's a bit different to Pellistri in that we've paid so much money for this lad surely he's going to be training with the first team and looking to get opportunities with them rather than playing in U23 games.

Hell of a price tag to pay but sounds like he's been identified by a lot of clubs as a potential top talent in youth games and he's made first team appearences in a top league at 18 for a good sies which isn't an easy to do.

With the price tag you'd have to think he's straight in to the first team squad.

Pellestri is sounding like he'll be stepping up to the first team squad shortly.

Yeah I've heard Pellestri is still considered to be a fair bit away from the first team but he's improving all the time end product is an issue for him but his dribbling skills are crazy. Wouldn't be surprised to see him out on loan next season somewhere to develop and play a decent level of first team football in Europe.

Price tag certainly makes you think it's different for Diallo if he can impress in training that right forward spot is wide open

I don' think he'll make the first team squad, they might want him to get some game time. He's cheaper than DVB

True but there's less competition for his position to get on the bench he just needs to be better than James & Lingard which you'd hope he is.

I thought I read he's only made two senior appearances. Is that him or someone else?

Diallo has made five senior Atalanta appearances - however, just two of those came this season, totalling 35 minutes of action.

And he has 2 threads running on here........... a wonder kid for sure.

Diallo has made five senior Atalanta appearances - however, just two of those came this season, totalling 35 minutes of action.
Yeah his experience is scarce but I’ve watched a few videos and his dribbling skills are awesome. He looks lightweight but obviously that’ll improve - however he has a low centre of gravity so can glide past players with ease. Shame he hasn’t got much time for Atalanta this season but some managers may have the mindset that he’s gone soon so get other players in who will be part of their future.

I suspect we’ll see a bit of him this season but will no doubt get some U23 games to bed him in.

Think I read Atalanta were a bit wary about playing him as the deal wasn’t finalised so if he got injured they’d potentially lose the deal.

He looks like a really promising young player. One who's looking to make the right pass even if that's a simple one.

Looks like he’s been involved in first team training for a bit now. Just assuming but could potentially see him on the bench against Sheff Utd tonight. Would be exciting for sure.

Yeah think he's one for the first team to be honest would be good to see him make the bench soon but I guess his performance in training over the next few weeks will determine that.

Four for Hugill
Looks a real talent as well, needs to fill out a bit but one hell of a finisher. So in Diallo we have the next Messi and Hugill the next Haaland - lovely.

Finished 6-3 in the end. Diallo, Hugill, Puigmal and Mejbri were the standouts.

Good start for the lad scored a cheeky penalty to make it 6 and his first was punishing a sloppy touch by the defender before a cool finish.

Hat trick of assists for the U23 again last night.

Think he’s quite clearly to good for that level.

I think we might see him get a chance in some Europa league games assuming they go ahead this month.

This kid looks special. I know there have been a lot of promising young players who never quite make it but he looks like something else.

He has this calmness about his play, this ability to see things and to do the simple things. I've seen a fair few young players play at the youth levels but he looks a cut above. Nothing seems to faze him or bother him he just oozes class.

The 3 goals he set up against Blackburn... The one was a sublime pass but it was the other 2 assists that impressed me more. It was a simple pass but I can guarantee other players either try to shoot or try to blast it across goal. He just roll it across with such composure.

Why won't Ole give this kid a chance in tight games when a change is needed? I know he's young but give him a chance with 15-20 to go.

And if he did that he'd be called Naive for throwing a kid in and hoping for the best. He couldn't win either way.

Fingers crossed the boy can impress but he is obviously not doing enough in training to justify throwing him on for 20 minutes in the league games.

I can totally understand not wanting to throw on Amad or Shoretire but there is little point in having them on the bench then. Shoretire in particular should be getting minutes with the u23s rather that just sat on the bench. He is pretty much making a rod for his own back by putting them on the bench and not playing them when they need a goal.

If they are on the bench you’d think they passed whatever test Ole imposed. Ole has a real blindspot with this squad. He constantly plays out of form players, makes subs too late (I.e. trusts the players in to magically do something when it hasn’t been working all match), and seems to prefer drawing with what he knows rather than trying to win with Amad et al.

I can totally understand not wanting to throw on Amad or Shoretire but there is little point in having them on the bench then. Shoretire in particular should be getting minutes with the u23s rather that just sat on the bench. He is pretty much making a rod for his own back by putting them on the bench and not playing them when they need a goal.

I think that if we were 2 or 3 up against Palace and he could put them on for experience and to aclimitise then he would. So not pointless to have them on the bench. But they aren't there to be trusted when we need a goal.

He didn't e be even trust 1 of them to start when we were 4 up against sociadad I am not saying they are ready. Just that it seems pointless to have them not playing any football at all. Especially shoretire who has only been 17 a month I think

He didn't e be even trust 1 of them to start when we were 4 up against sociadad I am not saying they are ready. Just that it seems pointless to have them not playing any football at all. Especially shoretire who has only been 17 a month I think
I get at first they are gaining experience by traveling and training with the first team. Seeing how the first team prepare for games etc. But at some point you've got to put a bit of faith in the young guys. I don't see what harm Diallo could do coming on for the last 15 minutes against Palace when the game needed a change.

I think would agree with that. We were not looking like we were going to score and it is unlikely that making the sub would have had a negative effect on the conclusion. I would have thought the worst case scenario is it ended like it did anyway.

Ole knows how to manage young players.

Chucking kids on when you’re desperate is not the way to do it and he knows that you put them in when you’re winning unless you absolutely have to put them in.

We also have to accept that the kid probably isn’t ready for first team football especially when the team is in rotten form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back