Alvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw Morata play at Euro 2016 and I liked what I saw decent movement, nice touch and good in the air think he'd suit the premier league in terms of style but he's going to be expensive. I know Juventus were dissapointed to lose him but Madrid decided to exercise their buy back option so hands were tied.

I'd put him in the bracket with players like Belotti, Kane & Lukaku as those next generation of strikers ready to burst on the scene and become the next generation of number 9's.

Behind them you obviously have the teenagers like Mbappe or Rashford

£78m for a Madrid bench warmer! :rolleyes:

If this story is true then it's officially reached silly season. £52m is perhaps a little too steep as well but £78m, you are having a laugh! A further tweet from this Sky Sports dude says we will move onto Belotti if we don't get Morata, think he has a release clause of £87m.

I really think Sky Sports and their employees/affiliates are so sensationalist. On occasions their big scoops turn out to be real but a lot of the time it's used to provoke excitement despite gaping inaccuracies.

£78m for a Madrid bench warmer! :rolleyes:

If this story is true then it's officially reached silly season. £52m is perhaps a little too steep as well but £78m, you are having a laugh! A further tweet from this Sky Sports dude says we will move onto Belotti if we don't get Morata, think he has a release clause of £87m.

I really think Sky Sports and their employees/affiliates are so sensationalist. On occasions their big scoops turn out to be real but a lot of the time it's used to provoke excitement despite gaping inaccuracies.

I wonder if SKYBET has a market on this one? I wonder!

I mean if this is true there's only one way this deal gets done and that's if we include DDG. And vice versa if Real want DDG then they need to include Morata. It's crazy money though for a bench warmer and a guy they bought back for £27M last summer. Mind you I don't like the Belotti links either. A striker from Italy? No thanks.

£52m turned down, walk away. They need money, they want Mbappe and De Gea and Hazard. I'd walk away with De Gea a no go.

Mbappe isn't going to go to Madrid and sit on a bench and they are forward heavy so it would kill that deal too, I can't see anyone paying £78m for him. We should go for Mbappe or Aubameyang.

I still think, if we pushed a deal for Griezmann could be done

I mean if this is true there's only one way this deal gets done and that's if we include DDG. And vice versa if Real want DDG then they need to include Morata. It's crazy money though for a bench warmer and a guy they bought back for £27M last summer. Mind you I don't like the Belotti links either. A striker from Italy? No thanks.

Yeah I hadn't even heard of Belotti before this season and now he's worth £87m? Obviously we could get that price down you would imagine but it would be a monumental risk.

To be honest £40m should be appropriate price for Morata. If Madrid are gonna try and hold us to ransom then we should just tell them where to go.

I like him but transfer fees have gone mental all the clubs want their share of that PL cash. We are partly to blame for this paying €50m for Martial & €105m for Pogba has helped inflate prices throughout Europe.

Whoever we do sign as a striker is going to cost us a lot of money so the pressure on him will be huge even if the guy scores 20 goals if he's cost £75m he'll be considered a failure.

Apparently Morrata goals to minutes ration is the second best in la liga this season only Messi was better.

If Madrid don't get Mbappe then I'm guessing they'll probably keep Morrata unless he's made it very clear to them he wants to go which I don't think is likely to happen.

Mbappe going nowhere this summer.

Wonder if the lack of available strikers/lack of strikers we want will result in us going back for Griezmann or even looking elsewhere for another '10' like Dybala and going with Rashford as #9.

I think we have to sign a number 9 we need goal scorers and more importantly clinical ones.

Still very much rumours, not sure anyone at United has told dear old Kaveh that we are 'confident'. I would be happy if we did get him but wouldn't be gutted if we didn't.

Knowingly the way we work we'll be doing everything through an agent so unless he knows that agent chances are he's working on rumour rather than fact.

My guess is he's on the list but no one knows if he's top of the list or just the backup.

My concern is Madrid are trying to start a bidding war to drive up the price.

It looks like the De Gea is going to wait another year, so they will play hard ball over Morata to get enough money for a Mbappe bid.

If he can carry his Italy and Spain stats over to the prem then he'd be worth the 70m

His actual goal scoring stats are not that impressive at all. In a brilliant Juventus team he didn't score that many goals, I guess at Madrid he's been a bit part player so his average stats there can be a little misleading. On stats alone he shouldn't be worth the money that is being banded about but the potential is definitely there.

Potential he's 24. He's got 40 league goals in his last 140 league games. He should be going for about £30m max with a less than 1 in 3 record.

5 mins counts as an appearance.

His goals per minutes played is pretty good. I think I read a goal every 87 mins.

Come out today saying he is staying at Madrid to fight for his place, who onto now, maybe Belotti?

We will run out of targets soon! Wonder if Chicharito wants to come back.

Josh King? :confused:

I'm not sure if we are interested in him, but lets say the rumours are true. He's got to say that, he cant say he wants to leave because he'll lose bonuses and the fans. Even if we do want him we might get priced out. You can't expect him to say anything else really

Yeah true but you also have to agree with him, 3 European Cups in what 4 years, Benzema not exactly setting the world alight, why would you want to leave

If Madrid get Mbappe he will be forced to go like Ozil & Di Maria were it's the way it works there no one every says they want to leave but very often it's not your decision to make.

The reports are that Zidane is happy to keep everyone there's no one he wants out but he knows if new signings come in then some players have to go and Moratta & James are the ones he's prepared to let leave.

As I said above, wonder if at some point Mourinho changes his plan back to getting a goalscoring #10 and Rashford as #9 a la Rooney and Welbeck 2011.

Jose may go back to that plan but to be fair we bought Mkhitaryan who you could argue is a goal scoring number 10. Who would be this number 10? There are plenty about, such as Isco, Dybala, James to name a few. Personally Dybala would be my choice but Juve are not letting him leave for sure.

It's gonna be a tough summer I think getting in targets.

As good as Rashford is, I don't think he's ready/clinical enough in front of goal. In my opinion we need someone who can find the net.

Rumour today, Madrid could sell Bale to fund Mbappe, and Bale could take the forward role like Ronaldo at Madrid...................when he's fit!

If he's ever fit for long enough. That'd be my worry about Bale, especially in the hurly-burly of the Prem.

60m for a bench warmer seems an awful lot. However, my knowledge of Morata is scant, so I just don't know.

I can believe Madrid will go for Mbappe as they like to make a massive signing around election time. You would think they'll go all out for Hazard or Mbappe. Can't really see Bale being the one to go though, they could easily make £100m from sales of Morata, James or Casilla - or players like Varane and Kovacic at a push.

Decent signing if he keeps up his record of scoring goals when given the chance. Way better than lukaku imo, who doesn't have that great a record against the top 6.

Translation: Alvaro Morata goes to United for 73 million euros. The player will travel on Monday and sign for the next 5 seasons.

Loads rated him when he was at Juve, scoring goals that took them to CL final. Now he's sat on Real Madrid's bench for a season he's "not good enough". Didn't see enough of him last season but really liked him when I saw him play for Juve. He's still young, he's quick, good in the air, holds it up well, clinical, good movement, works hard for the team. 20 goals last season despite mainly being used as a sub, 2nd best conversion rate in La Liga, just behind Messi. His physical attributes suggest he could cut it in the Prem, no guarantees as with anyone but think he's got what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back