Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Teasy little tweet.

If true, no way we'd enter without given a hint that Sanchez would be interested in joining us. Suspect this has come from elsewhere though to hurry City up.

probably Sanchez camp trying to push city

Haha hopefully not! Come on Jose, 25m+Miki, No 7, more dollar, more playing time, is there a god dam hero!

25 + Miki seems a lot for a player out of contract.

But hey, I'd love him or Ozil.

Can't see it, he specifically wants to play for Guardiola from what I have read.

Come on boys, bit of positive thinking lol yeah Pep is having a good season but balls to Pep and his club with less history than me and my missus, were Man United, they are a better team at the minute but we are three times the club they are, come on Alexis!

are united, currently, much of a step up than Arsenal though? If he wants money then yes, but if he wants trophies, then City is where you go at the moment.

It’s £25m or Mkhi from what I’m reading not both.

Wonder what the little City chaps over at the Bluemoon forum will say if we pull this off. I’m guessing a lot of swearing and illiterate comments. They may have already turned on him.

are united, currently, much of a step up than Arsenal though? If he wants money then yes, but if he wants trophies, then City is where you go at the moment.

You say that mate but in our worst spell in 30 years (from Fergie retiring to date) we have won more trophies than any other English club. We might be a bit boring at the minute and not at our usual standards but the one thing we do, is win trophies. Don't forget mate Pep is yet to win anything in England, yeah they will win the league this year and maybe the league cup but them winning every trophy for the foreseeable future is not a forgone conclusion.

Are we a step up from Arsenal? I would say so in terms of club size, profile, trophies won over the last 5/10 years, champions league football next year you would think, potential to spend to improve the squad, personal finance, possible iconic no 7 shirt, still alot of pros to joining us, were not on the scrap heap yet lol

Yea I can agree with some of that, especially the spending power, stadium and fan base. But past trophies mean nowt to these players, they want money and glory

City you’re a squad player in a side that could dominate our domestic league for next 5 years and a serious challenger in Europe.

Utd you’re a starter in one of the biggest clubs in the world but are probably 18 months away from being a realistic challenger to City in the league and the top boys in Europe but at Utd you will earn more money.

I think both managers will be attractive to a guy like Sanchez but I think his mind is made up he’s going to City either this month or in the summer but I’d like to think that Utd at least had a word to see if his mind can be changed, not doing that for a player of his quality is borderline negligent.

Wouldn't call May last year as the past just yet, maybe after this season yeah but we have consistently wont trophies over the last two three years.

As for Utd vs Arsenal right now I’d say Utd look like a club who are heading back in the right direction after 4 tough years post Fergie it’s slow progress but the boat is finally pointing forward again, Arsenal look like a club who are on the slide and don’t look like they’ve hit rock bottom yet.

Utd still see the target as finishing 1st every season but maybe right now have to be realistic and say top 3 is acceptable but Arsenal as a club have made it clear top 4 is acceptable and they’re not willing to invest to come first.

Last 4 seasons Arsenal have won 3 FA Cups, Utd have won 1 FA Cup, 1 league cup and 1 Europa League, City have won 1 league & 1 league cup but this season they could sweep the lot.

I think his biggest problem at Arsenal is he’s expected to do everything and even 30 goals last season gets them nowhere it’s all on him, At City there’s less pressure on him as he’s surrounded by world class players Utd would put more quality around him than Arsenal but taking my bias away from it right now City is the obvious move the only thing Utd could do is offer him a lot more money. Do you want players to pick you for the money only though?

Think people are massively under estimating the pull of United. We are in the top 5 clubs in the world in terms of prestige. Matched only by Madrid / Barca / Munich / Juventus. We are giants of the football world and will continue to be a big attraction. The same way a lot of people like to sign for Liverpool AC. Milan etc. still even though they're 10+ years away from winning anything.

the problem with Arsenal is Wenger. He should have gone.

If by prestige you mean has the biggest draw, then city have to be in that group. They have a great squad, unlimited funds and the best coach. They are going places at the moment.

When it comes to transfers, we musn't get bogged down by what we see as fans. We love the club, the history the glamour. Of course we are in the top 5 clubs in the world. In fact I would say top 2 in regards to history and prestige in that regard. But these players don't see the club like we do, Sanchez, what is he 28. He's got one big contract left, maybe 4 years at the very top. If you had 4 years left in your career, would you you choose united who are probably min 2 years away from really competing for the top trophies or City who are already there and set for the next 2 or 3 years. I don't buy this he's going there to be a sub. I imagine Sanchez thinks he's good enough to walk into that side. Whether he is or not is another story.

I wonder if Pep is worried about getting in this window and upsetting the cart. If He really wants to move now then this could be our chance. Or maybe it's a ruse by united to force City's hand hoping the wheels will come off.

We don't really know what's going on. All I'm saying is, players don't look at these clubs like us fans do. It's a job and he will want the best job for him.

I'm interested to see how Liverpool do at the weekend. I think they might win you know, I can feel it my water.

Edit:

just read Liverpool want him to replace Coutinho. Call me a cynic but is this Sanchez pushing city?

Can't see Liverpool stopping the City juggernaught this weekend.

Lets hope they run out of steam by the time we play then in April lol

Think people are massively under estimating the pull of United. We are in the top 5 clubs in the world in terms of prestige. Matched only by Madrid / Barca / Munich / Juventus. We are giants of the football world and will continue to be a big attraction. The same way a lot of people like to sign for Liverpool AC. Milan etc. still even though they're 10+ years away from winning anything.

100% agree with this (thats strange for me and you mate lol), plus if your Sanchez you must be looking at United and thinking right:

Keeper and back four pretty much in place (Shaw keeps his run going, maybe a signing to replace Valencia over the next 12/18 months), you have one of the best CM in world football playing along side you, surely if he talks to United they will discuss our summer transfer plans with him, which I would think would include obviously him, martial rashford on the left, Lukaku up top, a mega signing maybe Dybala, plus a CM or two with alot more quality than the ones that will be leaving (36 year old Carrick and a bit of a muppet in Fellani)

All the history, prestige and package that comes with United, plus 250k a week, No 7, and playing in a team with Martial Pogba Dybala and even Lukaku, surely that gets the juices running!

Lukaku
Martial Dybala Sanchez
Pogba Matic

Absolute socks!

If I’m Alexis Sanchez with no ties to either club looking at the immediate future I take whichever club is offering more money. This seasons a write off. Next season we start at 0 points and with a Sanchez is our side a years more experience on Rashford Martial. A settled back line we will be challenging. Plus whoever we then bring in in the summer. I don’t buy this whole City are going to win it for X amount of years the last team to retain the title was us 07/08 08/09.

They’re having a freak season never seen before it isn’t going to happen every season.

Your right, 3 or 4 players and we should be right up there challenging with City. Add Sanchez as one of those 4 players and we'd be looking unreal on paper.

I've had no idea why Utd haven't been on Sanchez last summer knowing we need a winter. Can't understand why I'm was chasing Peresic who is left sided when we clearly have needed a right sided player for years now

Looking at the way this story broke with all the papers/journalists coming out with the same story feels like someone has been briefing the media. It feels like it’s Sanchez’s agent trying to get city to speed up the move by using United. Obviously will be delighted to have him here but this has the usual stink of player’s agent trying to get a move.

I personally don’t think we will get Sanchez because City have been after him for ages and that looked set in stone. Obviously things can change but it would take a big turn around for us to get him. I hope it happens but I’m a little sceptical about whether it will.

We are still a massive draw for players, like IDFD said we are one of the top five clubs in the world. City only became relevant when they were taken over so in terms of prestige we are light years ahead of them. Obviously they have the better side right now but I think we don’t need to sell projects to players, they should be well aware that it’s only a matter of time before we become top dogs again.

Yeah it would be a major turnover and shock if he did end up at us, think its still 95% done with City and as one of the lads said, the usual agent trick to throw United's name into the hat to speed up the process or probably get Sanchez an extra 20k a week on his contract.

We can all hope though, would be a great coup. I'm sure Jose will clarify it all today at the press conference lol

We can all hope though, would be a great coup. I'm sure Jose will clarify it all today at the press conference lol
More likely he’ll be as vague as anything and we’ll be none the wiser on what’s happening!

Rumours seems to have gone into a second day the reports are we're speaking to Sanchez through agents and are close to an agreement with the player and following that they'll go to Arsenal but this is pure rumour which seems to be coming out of Italy.

At best I think we're being used in an attempt to hurry up City as my gut feeling still says that's his preferred destination and if that doesn't happen now it will happen in the summer, we'd have to make him a crazy offer to turn his head but fair play to Utd for trying we are crying out for top class talent and this lad is that.

Yeah mate its nice that we are trying to get him in, shows some ambition. He may well go to City but it looks as though we are seriously trying to push it over the line this month, 25/30m and 250k a week seems a good deal to me.

Does seem to be gathering pace today which is good but still inclined to think he is going to end up a bluenose

Yeah mate its nice that we are trying to get him in, shows some ambition. He may well go to City but it looks as though we are seriously trying to push it over the line this month, 25/30m and 250k a week seems a good deal to me.

Does seem to be gathering pace today which is good but still inclined to think he is going to end up a bluenose

Yeah I've seen others mention history but for me that doesn't really wash in modern football Utd obviously are attractive but players care about where you are now and right now City are the top dog in England and even Chelsea are probably ahead of us but we're not as far away as the league table suggests, things can change very quickly. Chelsea last season looked unbeatable but they lost a few key players in the summer and the replacements haven't been as good but they could argue it's a transition year. No team has put up a proper defence of their title since Utd in 2012 when City pipped us on goal difference since then I'm pretty sure the defending champion has ended up being at least 10 points off the title the following season.

I just think if Sanchez has anything between his ears he'd look at Utd and see a club who in my opinion has put profits ahead of success which as basically what Arsenal have become whereas City everything is about winning trophies because for the owners that is what matters because they're using City to promote their own political agenda for the UAE. Now if you're prepared to jump on that band wagon and as a pro footballer why wouldn't you be then for me it's a no brainer.

The talks are Arsenal want £35m and the agent wants £5m for the deal to happen in January if you wait until the summer the signing & agent fee is £30m plus the wages reported to be around £250k a week on a 4 year contract. He's just turned 29 years old so you're basically accepting that he'll have little to no re-sale value at the end of the deal. 2 years ago you'd say that's a big gamble maybe similar to the gamble we took with RVP but in this market for me it's a no brainer a player of Sanchez quality even at 29 who is under contract is now going to cost 2 or 3 times that.

Sky sports reporting City are walking away from any Sanchez deal and aren’t prepared to pay the money for him.

I don't beleive Utd are interested, it's just smoke and mirrors from Sanchez agent probably.

I don't beleive Utd are interested, it's just smoke and mirrors from Sanchez agent probably.

Yeah I think we're being used to try and get City to panic either by Arsenal or by Sanchez.

City aren't desperate for him this season and if they know they're his number 1 pick why wouldn't they just sit and wait until the summer, they'll have to pay Sanchez and the agent more money because that is how these things worth but it'll still be less than what they'd have to pay Arsenal now.

The presser didn’t really give anything away which is no surprise. Sanchez is a phenomenal player, Jose doesn’t talk about other players and we may be in the market for someone, or we may not be. Cheers Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back