Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe anything in the press about wages after the BS about Rooneys wage.

As for Chelsea, last week they were saying Conte wants him but the guy in charge of buying wasn't interested, he didn't fit their profile.

Does anyone know where this £350,000 a week contract offer is coming from? is that a genuine figure? Heard it get thrown out there on Friday and it seems to have stuck with the media now.
I don’t really know, think it’s just a stick that the media are beating us with, in regards to us being the ‘money’ club. While it may turn out to be somewhere close not sure if it will be £350k a week. That would be a staggering £210k a week more than he’s getting now.

Don’t think Chelsea are in the race in truth. We are the clear front runners and while yesterday I was probably like meh I still think City will get him, today I’m more inclined to think we are close to securing him.

Yeah the whole Chelsea are interested seems to have come out about 2 minutes after City pulled out so I think that might be a tactic to maybe drag it out a bit, seen contrasting reports this morning, one saying Mhki is not interested and only a 10% chance of him going to Arsenal but others saying he has agreed to it, wait until it is out on Sky Sports and he has rocked up for his medical, until then won't be believing anything.

Would be nice to have him in time for Spurs away though!

If Miki goes the other way what sort of impact do people think his going to have at Arsenal? Of course he will improve them I think Peter Kay would make them a better side at the minute. But will he drag them back into the top 4?

I see it from both sides really in the sense that he is capable of doing something spectacular but never did it consistently. Will be do that now he gets a run of games? Or has Jose seen enough of him behind the scenes to know his not going to reach the level that we want him to get to?

It's funny sometimes with footballers, you can see them playing for and fitting in well with a certain team or you couldn't see them playing for a team at all. I just can't see Sanchez in Chelsea colours at all but could see him play for Utd and City yet I think Miki would be good for Arsenal and fit in really well.

Wenger said on Monday that Sanchez future should be sorted in the next 48 hours so hopefully this saga won't trundle on until the end of Jan like most Utd transfers. I cant go through another Pogba or Griezmann situation again :confused:

If Miki goes the other way what sort of impact do people think his going to have at Arsenal? Of course he will improve them I think Peter Kay would make them a better side at the minute. But will he drag them back into the top 4?

I see it from both sides really in the sense that he is capable of doing something spectacular but never did it consistently. Will be do that now he gets a run of games? Or has Jose seen enough of him behind the scenes to know his not going to reach the level that we want him to get to?
It’s hard to say what kind of impact he would have. The talent is there but sees a little weak mentally and when the tough gets going he disappears. He’ll improve them because that line up Arsenal put out against Bournemouth was poor without Sanchez and Ozil. Think they need to play him consistently in the number ten role instead of chopping and changing his positions, that’s the way I think they’ll get the best out of him. Lacazette would be happy because say what you want about Mkhitaryan, he does make chances.

The rumour mill involving Arsenal is going into overdrive, Sánchez is coming to us, Walcott is going to Everton, Mkhitaryan is going to them, Aubameyang is going to them with Giroud going to Dortmund and Malcom is going to them. #scenes

I'm a fan of Mkhi but just think he is with the wrong manager and in a side that play a different way of football compared to what he likes. Jose loves players who run through brick walls for him, who when questioned knuckle down and prove him wrong etc., he is not a very "arm round shoulder" type of manager whereas I think Wenger probably is. If they play him as a 10 (as I do think Ozil will go), he seems to like the 3 at the back now Wenger so I could see Mkhi sitting behind maybe Aug (Dortmund) and Lacazette and doing well there, they play his type of football so I think its a win win for all concerned, it would mean for them as well that they potentially have an Ozil replacement, frees up some money for them to spend it elsewhere and obviously good for us as we hopefully get Sanchez and potentially Ozil as well.

It’s hard to say what kind of impact he would have. The talent is there but sees a little weak mentally and when the tough gets going he disappears. He’ll improve them because that line up Arsenal put out against Bournemouth was poor without Sanchez and Ozil. Think they need to play him consistently in the number ten role instead of chopping and changing his positions, that’s the way I think they’ll get the best out of him. Lacazette would be happy because say what you want about Mkhitaryan, he does make chances.

The rumour mill involving Arsenal is going into overdrive, Sánchez is coming to us, Walcott is going to Everton, Mkhitaryan is going to them, Aubameyang is going to them with Giroud going to Dortmund and Malcom is going to them. #scenes

hahaha, I just read, Sanchez to united, Miki to Dortmund, Aubameyang to Arsenal is what's trying to be organised

I wouldn't be surprised if all the numbers are being leaked out of City as they try to justify why they've pulled out of the deal.

My guess the £350k a week figures being quoted probably includes a sizeable signing on fee so it's probably based on £70m over 4 years including his signing bonus which works out at around £350k a week. The is similar to what we paid Zlatan last season who was a free signing and would put Sanchez as top earner but my guess is his actual salary will give him parity with Pogba.

As for Mhiki it's easy to blame the manager but I just don't think he suits our playing style he's not adjusted to it as it's different to Dortmund where he was excellent in a team that pressed from the front playing quick football which was heavily coached and drilled whereas Utd our attacking is much more freestyle stuff and without that structure I think he's struggled. The strange this is Arsenal are exactly the same so I'm not sure he'll settle in there either but who knows. I would imagine if the whispers of a move back to Dortmund are true then he might be much happier with that although there was some bad blood with the way he left as he run his contract down to the last 12 months to force them to sell but they took Gotze & Kagawa back so why not Mhiki.

Yeah, it's Raiola playing hardball for Micki's wages probably. This will happen now I think.

I'll be a bit disapointed at losing Mhki, was so excited when he signed.

Me too but he hasn't cut the mustard really. If we have Sanchez coming I don't think I'll be crying over Miki for too long :)

Surely Utd would just pay the £35m if Miki doesn't want to play ball?
I think Arsenal don’t want to be left short in the squad so can see why this deal hinges on Mkhitaryan. I really like Mkhi but it’s a no contest between him and Sanchez. Mkhi hasn’t quite settled and Sanchez is a world class EPL performer.

Mkhi is under no obligation to accept a move, he may decide there maybe better options out there in the summer. The whole deal has a feeling of being on a knife edge.

I worry for him that if he does stay now it'll annoy Mourinho and members of the crowd. Who'll see it as his fault we missed out on Sanchez.

But it isn't his fault we're trying to force him in to a backwards move.

This whole deal is a bit weird. Sanchez absolutely desperate to leave like NOW (does the Arsenal changing rooms smell or something?), City not going that extra mile to get a world class player, Miki being a potential deal breaker...

It seems to me that Utd is Sanchez only real escape route. Nobody else will pay his and his agents fees and wages.

I wonder why he is so desperate to leave? Surely good advice from his agent would be to leave in the summer and take your pick of where ever you want to go as a free agent. I guess the agent has a potential £10m riding on this, no wonder he is advising to go now. I'd be giving him a piggy back to OT from The Emirates if I was his agent.

His agent will get a great deal either way.

I wouldn't read to much into what his agent is saying if Mhiki turns the deal down then I would imagine Utd will just pay a transfer fee the reported fee that Arsenal wanted was £35m, the agent is just trying to make a deal happen because if it does he gets paid by Arsenal whereas if Mhiki stays he doesn't get paid anything. My guess is a deal is in place with Arsenal for either scenario it's either a straight swap or it's £x.

It won't be straight forward convincing Mhiki to go there as that clubs a mess at the moment and this move needs to be the right move for him after a tough 18 months at Utd, my guess is he'd probably prefer to sit tight at Utd and see what happens if he gets back in the team and plays well there's no reason he can't stay he might decide to be patient as there's still a spot for him if he can perform consistently. Arsenal are losing their 2 best players in the summer and may change manager, at the moment they look unlikely to finish in the top 4 this season and are out of the FA Cup so all he'd really be competing for is the Europa League. Also, will Arsenal improve his current Utd contract as an incentive? If they do that then it probably creates issues within their pay structure as their top earners don't actually earn that much so I think it'll be complication.

People can say Alexis is going for the money but it would be the same for Mhiki if he goes to Arsenal I can only assume it's because they're going to pay him more money than he currently earns at Utd.

Looking at it there just doesn't seem to be many pros for Miki going there, out of most things, league cup and Europa which he won last year so I doubt even that is a major incentive, the Arsenal crowd are constantly on their back, there are talk of more protests this week regarding Wenger, Lacazette looking off the pace, Ozil/Sanchez look like there obviously going, he must be looking at it thinking jesus the only pro is moving to London.

Personally I think he will sit tight and get his move back to Dortmund in the summer, 20/25m and back to a league where he can get 20 assists a year.

He may want to prove himself in the premier league than go back to Germany looking a flop.

Maybe mate, can't see it at us looks like his days are numbered either this month or summer

Looking at it there just doesn't seem to be many pros for Miki going there, out of most things, league cup and Europa which he won last year so I doubt even that is a major incentive, the Arsenal crowd are constantly on their back, there are talk of more protests this week regarding Wenger, Lacazette looking off the pace, Ozil/Sanchez look like there obviously going, he must be looking at it thinking jesus the only pro is moving to London.

Personally I think he will sit tight and get his move back to Dortmund in the summer, 20/25m and back to a league where he can get 20 assists a year.

Pretty sure he's cup tied for the league cup as he played in previous rounds for Utd and they've got some tough competition for Europa League with Atletico Madrid & Dortmund dropping down into it so nothing is guaranteed there. There's nothing good about Arsenal at the moment even the idea of living in London so unless they're offering you loads of extra money what is the point.

I honestly think he'd be tempted to just sit it out at Utd and see what happens Mata could leave in the summer and doors could re-open again like they have for Martial & Shaw.

Course yeah forgot he would be cup-tied for it, yeah it looks like they are signing your man from Dortmund so that might be a positive as they had a good understanding when they played in Germany but bar that, your signing yourself down for another 2 years at least in England at a club in a bit of a crisis at the moment.

I would be surprised if he went to Arsenal, think it might be a case of us stumping up the money.

Weren’t they looking at Malcolm? Surely they would just buy him, or whoever else they have their eye on, from the Sanchez money.

Sanchez is so desperate to leave I would have thought £35m in the pocket would be better than having a player around that seriously doesn’t want to be there. He’s bad for squad morale.

I think the Bordeaux president has come out and said that Malcom probably won’t be going anywhere as he’s just signed a new deal. Aubameyang will be hard to get also unless they offer big money. This is exactly why they want Mkhi.

I agree with you Red Warrior that surely £35m in their back pocket is better than having an unhappy player and paying someone £140k a week for the rest of the season for an uncommitted player.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Mkhi has decided that the Premiership isn’t for him and he wants to wait for a European move in the summer. The delay in the deal could be us trying to put together an alternative package. Although it’s all conjecture at this stage.

I think a lot of clubs are looking at Malcom I don't think Bordeaux are interested in selling in January they'd rather wait and watch his price rise over the next 6 months especially if he gets into the Brazil squad. Also, the sort of deals that were being mentioned were deals where he was loaned back to them for the 2nd half of the season. If you read the reports on this kid basically he's being watched by scouts from all the top clubs so my guess is they'll want to spark a bidding war in the summer and sell him for a crazy fee.

As for Aubemeyang it seems Dortmund are sick and tired of his disciplinary issues he's had 2 or 3 incidents in the last year where he's turned up late or gone AWOL and the club have dropped him from league games as a result. He preferred moves to Spain but the offers never came, PSG pulled the deal for him when they got wiff of the chance to sign Neymar and Milan showed some interest but they're potentially skint again with serious questions about the wealth of the new owner so if Arsenal paid big money I think Dortmund might try and cash in but will he go to Arsenal?

It really isn't worth speculating about reasons for delays as Mourinho pointed out yesterday we had a match to prepare for so there's your delay but the way it's being talked up I'd be amazed if Sanchez wasn't a Utd player by the weekend.

Arsenal definitely isn’t as attractive as it used to be, also factor that in potentially losing their only two world class players, then I think it becomes even less attractive. If Arsenal whacked £50-60m on the table then I don’t think Dortmund would have any problem cashing in but then it’d be down to the player. For the neutral I think it would be exciting to have Auba in the league as he is a proper good player.

I think we’ve probably already agreed our end of the deal with Arsenal and Sanchez but now we need to factor in the Mkhi side of it. Like you I think it’ll probably be done by the weekend if there are no hitches. Which could all mean his first Premiership game for us would be away to Spurs. Tasty.

So where we at on this one? The Wenger 48 hours things expired. Is miki going is he not? Does Alexis want it? Are Chelsea in? Is the world really flat? I don't know anymore

So where we at on this one? The Wenger 48 hours things expired. Is miki going is he not? Does Alexis want it? Are Chelsea in? Is the world really flat? I don't know anymore

Maybe
Yes
No
No

Answered them in order for you if that helps :cool:

It really isn't worth speculating about reasons for delays as Mourinho pointed out yesterday we had a match to prepare for so there's your delay but the way it's being talked up I'd be amazed if Sanchez wasn't a Utd player by the weekend.

The delay would have nothing to do with a match to prepare for I'd guess. This is all down to Woodward and his crew now, not Mourinho. I would guess that this deal is being worked on every minute of a waking day (literally dawn til dusk) by Utd's team of lawyers etc. Transfers seems simple to your average football fans like us eg. Utd pays Arsenal £X for Sanchez, we pay his wage at X per week and it's a deal but these things are more involved than rocket science, especially with the big hitters. Fingers crossed it's sorted by the weekend.

tumblr_inline_mvkfg9JuDf1r8ml6c.gif

Actual footage of Wenger trying to convince Mkhitaryan to sign for Arsenal.

not sure I believe this, but I read the hold up is Miki wanting a 15m pay off from united.

The delay would have nothing to do with a match to prepare for I'd guess. This is all down to Woodward and his crew now, not Mourinho. I would guess that this deal is being worked on every minute of a waking day (literally dawn til dusk) by Utd's team of lawyers etc. Transfers seems simple to your average football fans like us eg. Utd pays Arsenal £X for Sanchez, we pay his wage at X per week and it's a deal but these things are more involved than rocket science, especially with the big hitters. Fingers crossed it's sorted by the weekend.

The point is there's no rush we've got 2 weeks to get this deal done and if we can get it done this week and have him for Burnley then brilliant but who knows.

It seems like there's plenty of moving pieces here as it's two transfers rolled into one it seems that Utd have permission to agree a deal with Sanchez and Arsenal have permission to agree a deal with Mkhitaryan but like you say this involves getting meetings arranged with players, agents, club reps and lawyers which can't always be done at drop of a hat.

A player contract is a fairly standard document as far as I'm aware it's just a case of filling in the blanks then adding in any special clauses regarding bonus payments etc. It's the same with a transfer contract it's a standard legal document that just needs blanks filling in mainly club names, player name, agree fee and structure of payments as not everything is paid in 1 go. In this case there would just be a special clause saying that rather than a fee being paid the "payment" is the registration of Henrik Mkhitaryan.

The thing that will delay this deal is Mkhitaryan's agent drives a hard bargain if it's got to this point then I'd say the player has agreed to go there otherwise they wouldn't both wasting everyones time. All that's happening now if Raiola will be squeezing Arsenal for every penny in terms of wages, signing on fees and agent commission. My guess is if Sanchez agent is getting £5m off Utd then Mino will want the same for Mhiki, if you want one of his clients you've got to pay his fees some clubs don't like doing it but that's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back