Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports definitely gathering that City have pulled out if the deal. Don't get too excited. Yet.

Quite surprised how many "neutrals" want him to go to City, these people obviously pleased that our league is turning into a glorified Scottish Premiership. 15 point gap, 19 goals less scored. This will continue if Sanchez goes there for pennies allowing them to pay big money on other positions.

Quite surprised how many "neutrals" want him to go to City, these people obviously pleased that our league is turning into a glorified Scottish Premiership. 15 point gap, 19 goals less scored. This will continue if Sanchez goes there for pennies allowing them to pay big money on other positions.
I can’t believe how many Arsenal fans are saying they would prefer him to go to City because we are the bigger rivals for a top four place. They should be wanting him to go to us because they would have more chance of winning the league which should be their aims still.

Let’s see them do it again next season before we say it’s all over, let’s be honest we’ve had huge winning margins by Utd, Chelsea twice and Leicester in the last 5 years we’ve only had one title race that went to the wire when City beat Liverpool to it.

City have gone to another level with their start to the season but that might only last 1 season.

City are still seen as the good guy like they’re some sort of fair tale story where Utd are the evil empire but that will change if City romp it 2 or 3 years in a row everyone will start hating them.

All i'm saying is that to get a player of Sanchez's quality would usually cost around £100m, to get him for the quoted figure would allow whoever gets him to focus on other areas. If we have to spend £100m on a quality attacker, I can't see us fully addressing full back and midfield issues.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Starting to sound like all systems go here but I refuse to believe it until it’s done.

Reports are fees agreed with agent, wages agreed with player just need to agree the fee with Arsenal before he can come for a medical my worry is will City match it all at the last minute.

I think they seee him as a luxury not a necessity given their depth but who knows.

Is it too early to get a Alexis 7 shirt that's what I wanna know. Guts tell me to go for it.

Sanchez might decide to stay at Arsenal and leave for free in the summer.

The lukaku Snapchat has topped me off. Think his coming.

The arsenal fans and Liverpool "legends" in the studios make me laugh. It's time he went. His not been at it. His a bad egg in the dressing room. 6 months ago this people were fighting over each other to lick Sanchez's boots! Now a trip to old Trafford is on the cards the players not good enough.

We pulled a fast one on Chelsea with Lukaku and we've done potentially the same with Alexis to Pep I love seeing it happen.

Dam it. Okay I'll keep the shirt on hold then.

currently I'm with G Nev. until I see him in the shirt I think he'll go to city. No way City will let him go for the sake of 5-10m surely!

Gosh twitter is a hot bed of tripe right now! :rolleyes:

Somehow we are now the ‘money’ club, where as City have built their side on oil money. It does make you laugh.

It's mad really isn't it City have out spent everyone every summer for the last 5 years we finally might get one over on them and everyone is losing their mind over it.

All this really proves is that City were prepared to buy a player they didn't really need just to make sure they win the league.

Sanchez will have been given an insight into the building plans of the club and sold the Utd 'vision', obviously being told he will be one of the 'main men' in the team (where as at City he will be one of many, maybe even a squad player...can you imagine Sanchez as a squad player!!) He will know that Utd will be a team to contend with after the summer so why would he not want to be part of that, especially at £60k more a week than at City. It's just a no brainer.

Only question is, how close actually are we? I still think City will still counter offer. Would they lose him for the sake of £10-20m. Do they even actually need him? We desperately need him.

Also Sanchez could play upfront instead of Lukaku so I'm wondering if it would still be worth a punt on Moura anyway to cover right wing?

I think it's pretty simple Utd have picked up the phone and haven't sh* t themselves at the numbers being discussed whereas Man City have if they give Sanchez the £300k a week contract he's reportedly seeking it creates a lot of problems for them in the squad as all of a sudden a lot of others will be seeking those wages as he's not going in their as a superstar he's going in their as another piece of the puzzle. They're currently looking at new deals for a lot of players De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Jesus etc are apparently all in talks to be tied down long term if you bring in Sanchez as top earner on huge wages suddenly everyones demands go up.

Utd don't really have that issue because if we give him those wages we don't really have other big names who can come and say I want that money as well because we don't have players who operate on the same level as Sanchez.

Cant believe his picked us over following in the footsteps of greats like Richard Dunne and Paul Dickov i'm shocked.

The media just make me laugh. All these players at City arent playing for money, just there to be around Pep according to them. Its only United that pay people. Look if he wanted to play for Pep he could and would have. He couldn't even have done a Coutinho and paid his own money to leave to make it happen. He hasn't and now his public enemy number 1 its pathetic.

It's mad really isn't it City have out spent everyone every summer for the last 5 years we finally might get one over on them and everyone is losing their mind over it.

All this really proves is that City were prepared to buy a player they didn't really need just to make sure they win the league.
Yep minds have fully been lost.

It’s like people think we’re gonna be offering him £300k a week and City will be giving him two 50p’s and a bag of rolo’s. Whichever Manchester club he goes too he’ll be being paid

Cant believe his picked us over following in the footsteps of greats like Richard Dunne and Paul Dickov i'm shocked.

The media just make me laugh. All these players at City arent playing for money, just there to be around Pep according to them. Its only United that pay people. Look if he wanted to play for Pep he could and would have. He couldn't even have done a Coutinho and paid his own money to leave to make it happen. He hasn't and now his public enemy number 1 its pathetic.

Playing for Pep, what happens when he leaves? Seems like a really good reason not to go to city, if everyone is going to leave when he goes :-D

Playing for Pep, what happens when he leaves? Seems like a really good reason not to go to city, if everyone is going to leave when he goes :-D
I really don’t know why Pep is seen as some sort of godly figure to Sanchez. He played one season under him, they came second and Pep very rarely played Sanchez and more often than not left him kicking his heels on the subs bench.

I really don’t know why Pep is seen as some sort of godly figure to Sanchez. He played one season under him, they came second and Pep very rarely played Sanchez and more often than not left him kicking his heels on the subs bench.

Stop talking sense. Pep is a god to everyone in football didn't you know? Its Pep or Money every time because the media say so.

Yep minds have fully been lost.

It’s like people think we’re gonna be offering him £300k a week and City will be giving him two 50p’s and a bag of rolo’s. Whichever Manchester club he goes too he’ll be being paid

Exactly City would've known they'd be making him top earner on a par with Aguero at around £250k a week Sanchez sees himself as an elite level player in his prime so wherever he goes that's what he'll be asking for and if he doesn't get it then he will go elsewhere.

Afternoon Gents,

Anyone else still thinking City will match our bid either today or tomorrow? Also, topic for discussion, if (massive if) we do manage to sign Sanchez, what would everyones front 4 be going forward, do people see him paying on the right like I think he did for Udinese and early at Barca or on the left where he has been so good for Arsenal, what we thinking?

I can't see city letting him go for the sake of 10 - 15m. If they pull out it's because they think they don't need him. I do think he'll end up at city though. It has agent chasing money written all over it.

Afternoon Gents,

Anyone else still thinking City will match our bid either today or tomorrow? Also, topic for discussion, if (massive if) we do manage to sign Sanchez, what would everyones front 4 be going forward, do people see him paying on the right like I think he did for Udinese and early at Barca or on the left where he has been so good for Arsenal, what we thinking?

Think they will have to match it. Pep is going to go crying to his Barca pals on the City board and try get this done for them surely. It's going to come down to the player at the end of the day, not just money because his going to be a big earner at either club. Depends where he sees himself and who he wants to play for.

If he comes i'd like to see him on the right like you say. That front line of Lukaku, Rashford/Martial, Alexis just sounds quality to me.

Yeah was chatting to the lads on my whatsapp group today, from pretty paceless bar Martial/Rashford and obvs Lingard over the last ten games, if we went and got Alexis and say Moura, that is some pace, plus good options from the bench if its not working, alot of pace, alot of direct running, hopefully loads of interchanging as well, could be good and it will definitely give us a huge boost both home and abroad

My guess is he would play from the wing and it might be that the two wingers change during the game rather than being fixed to one side for the full 90 minutes Sanchez is very dangerous coming inside from the left on to that right foot but my guess is our front 3 will becomes Sanchez Lukaku then one of Rashford or Martial with Lingard/Mata playing as number 10's when we play that system. I think he see Sanchez as a more reliable option out wide than the youngsters who can be hit or miss.

My guess is if we land Sanchez we won't be going for Moura that link to me always felt like agent talk it might be that if we miss Sanchez because City match the bid and he decides to go there then we might look at Moura or Malcom (who is now being linked to Arsenal).

I've seen we might go 4,2,3,1

with

Matic Pogba

Rashford Lingard Sanchez

Lukaku

My problem with this is it's a complete waste of Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back