Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal?

I think he takes way to much credit for what was built their anyway he certainly helped guide them through some tough years after the stadium build but they still dropped from a 1st place team to a 4th place team for 10 years, he made a few people who owned a lot of shares very wealthy but the fans got poorer as they paid the price for moving stadiums but the real game changer was the TV money going through the roof and that had nothing to do with Wenger.

You can't knock what the man did in the first 10 years at that club he was brilliant but the 10 years since have just been excuse after excuse and Wenger probably isn't helped that there's no support network above him that could also burden the blame but that's because that's the way he wants it.

I imagine most the people who work in the Arsenal club shop are low paid students on zero hours contracts earning slightly above minimum wage basically it's no different to working in Sports Direct or any other generic sports shop.

Back on topic in the big games last year how many "big games" did Sanchez score in? I think he scored in the game where they beat Chelsea early on but did he score against Spurs, Utd, City or Liverpool? The reason I kind of ask is does Sanchez get away with being a bit of a flat track bully? I certainly remember in the 2 games vs Utd last year he did nothing.

I was in the club shop today the people that work there may be low paid and in zero hour contract but they are very welcoming and good at what they do. The amount of smiles and thanks for shopping directly with the club I was in there about 15 minutes three different people asked me what I was after and who my favourite player was. Much better service than any normal shop I've been in.

Just to clarify though my little sister is an Arsenal fan I work in Euston she wanted a Ramsay shirt for her birthday. I wasn't willingly there!

@IDFD if you went to the ground you'd probably have found a free Ramsey shirt, might have been a bit burned but still saved a few £

Now a £55m bid gone in, with £5m in add ons. Think this move is in the balance to be honest. If City do get him they look like they are just throwing crap at the fan and hoping something sticks. The forward options will be unreal.

Balances on Thomas Lemar coming into Arsenal by the sounds of it. Monaco said the other day Lemar isn't going for anything less then 100 million euros. So Wenger will probably bid a stick of gum, a few Pokemon shinies and a yo-yo!

Alexis needs to leave there is no point keeping him and letting him leave for free next year. Not club can really afford to lose 60 million in this day and age. It's another situation that's been handled terribly.

Balances on Thomas Lemar coming into Arsenal by the sounds of it. Monaco said the other day Lemar isn't going for anything less then 100 million euros. So Wenger will probably bid a stick of gum, a few Pokemon shinies and a yo-yo
Sure they'll ask for a Charizard and he'll offer a Pikachu.

I can't believe Wenger has bid 92 million for Lemar! According to sky sports!

I can't believe Wenger has bid 92 million for Lemar! According to sky sports!
13onbc.jpg

Haha

After years of doing nothing and bargain hunting Wenger's gone all in. Big boy style! Monoco have played everyone in the market but Wengers been had big time. His blown the whole budget on one name. Go on Wenger full speed at that iceberg lad!

Yeah go big or go home.

Guess if Lemar arrives then Sanchez will be going to City. Think both deals hinge on Monaco really, without Lemar think Sanchez will stay.

It's so Wenger is it? For that money he could have got Mahrez and Evans potentially solving that defensive leak as well as getting a good attacking player. Instead he goes all out on Lemar. All those Arsenal fans that ripped Pogba must be hiding somewhere now. Not slagging the player because I do rate him but at that fee Arsenal have been had.

Your right it's all on Alexis now but that looks like it's happening. Hearing City send their reps out to Chile yesterday they just ain't messing about.

Latest is Lemar deal won't happen as not enough time to sort out contract with player so Sanchez will stay at Arsenal. City had agreed to pay £90m for Sanchez according to some reports which was basically funding the Lemar deal.

Could be the PR version of Lemar has told Arsenal he's not interested in joining them.

Deal for Sanchez was apparently contingent on the deal for Lemar going through no Lemar = no Sanchez.

The only way the deal happens now is if City offer players as part of the deal but Arsenal apparently want Aguero or Sterling and I doubt either of them want to go to Arsenal and it's probably to late to do those deals now.

Can anyone name me 1 City player that would be up for that move? JSP is right it's dead now. Alexis on a free next season is going to be a right tussle

Reports now that Lemar didn't fancy the move, Wenger just can't catch a break.

Think the Sanchez move is dead as a dodo. And there will definitely be a tussle for him at the end of the season.

He can sign a precontract with any team from January onwards iirc. Mostly might go to city

He can sign pre contract with non English sides in January but he will just agree a deal with City for next summer.

Wouldn't rule out a new contract like De Gea a 29 year old is taking a huge gamble with his future finances if he has a bad injury next season like a cruciate those offers will be gone. He might agree a short extension with a release clause.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would be a good signing for City but he wouldn’t be first choice. He would IMO be similar to Bernardo Silva and be a fancy back up sub. They don’t need him but hey ho.

Sanchez will not be making a move to a club he won’t be practically first on the team sheet. This guy has the choice of his clubs, he won’t be going anywhere as second fiddle.

Depends how he settles in to being a team player and not the big dog superstar as Pep and the other City players won't put up with his strops and the fact he gives away the ball a lot, he's been an absolute joke at Arsenal this season on the pitch and the reports in the media seem to be that the players would've prefered him to have gone in the summer.

Part of me wonders if this could be an Asprilla or lesser extent Berbatov type signing where you end up with to many cooks and it becomes impossible to keep everyone happy, if he's coming in I think that means that Aguero is possibly going to be allowed to leave in the summer.

It's a scary message to send to the other teams though signing a player like Sanchez to be a squad player.

I think City should just stay as they are for this season, could upset a cog in what seems a perfectly running machine.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back