Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blow for them. Big summer coming up for Arsenal. Potentially a new manager, new players needed too (can they compete for the ones they need?)

Assuming Costa is off he'd be a great replacement for him a front 3 of Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro would be a hell of a front 3

Wenger: Arsenal won't break wage structure to keep Sanchez - Football365

Thing is Arsenal are run as a profit generating business so the wage bill has to be kept under control other clubs like City/Chelsea are only really targeting break even as their owners want glory not profits.

Arsenal's issue is they aren't reacting to new market rates top players can command £250k a week and the issue with that is when the top guy gets £250k the bottom guys expect £100k just see the reaction to Lingard getting his deal recently.

Wenger's value calculations always seem stuck 2-3 years in the past and it's why the owner loves him he puts profit before glory probably because he had to for so long while they moved from the stadium now they can increase spending

If this happened and we failed to get Griezmann, would Muller be a good alternative to replace Rooney and Ibra. Hasn't started much this season which has limited his goal return, scored 32 last season and at 27 should still have 3 or 4 (maybe 5) good seasons left. Can play behind the striker, wide and as the 9 he offers something different to Rashford and Martial.

Muller doesn't strike me as a Mourinho type player plus I don't think he'd want to leave Munich. He's a fantastic goal scorer though, amazing movement and always pops up in the right place at the right time.

I don't see Bayern offering that sort of money for Sanchez especially when you consider the wages that go with it. Based on his performances against them for Arsenal why would they want him?

Sanchez would be the man I would go after.

Tottenham play the best football in the league.

Would Muller suit us?

I don't think Muller suits anyone he's just a really random but effective footballer.

If Arsenal swap Alexis for Sterling Arsenal Fan TV is going to blow.

Whilst I would hate City to sign Sanchez seeing Arsenal fan TV would be brilliant.

If City get Sanchez over the line that strength in depth is formidable. If he is leaving I hope we've at least picked up the phone.

To be honest if they can get Sterling and cash take the deal, it's the best offer you're going to get and in Sterling they're getting a good player who would fit in perfectly with their system and has a point to prove.

I think Ozil will stay and sign a new deal if they get that done and get Sanchez & Ox out it probably helps the situation at the club currently.

If i was an Arsenal fan (and i'm delighted i'm not) i'd want cash only forget Sterling. His got no end product. I get his young and i get his English but they are the only qualities his got. Not worth his massive wage packet at all. Get the 50-60 million for him and move on. If they end up with a front 3 of Welbeck, Sterling and Walcott I would laugh so much. Cant miss this opportunity though to get another dig in at Pep can I. Hows that developing young players into World class stars going?

If i was an Arsenal fan (and i'm delighted i'm not) i'd want cash only forget Sterling. His got no end product. I get his young and i get his English but they are the only qualities his got. Not worth his massive wage packet at all. Get the 50-60 million for him and move on. If they end up with a front 3 of Welbeck, Sterling and Walcott I would laugh so much. Cant miss this opportunity though to get another dig in at Pep can I. Hows that developing young players into World class stars going?

Thing is players are now worth more than the cash in the deals if they got Sterling plus say £30m as an example even if he has an ok season for them they'd still be able to get £40m plus for him if they move him on. The biggest hurdle I see if convincing Sterling to leave City to join Arsenal. I know he's a london boy but he seems pretty settled in the north and he's already on very good money and I doubt he'd get that big a pay rise to join a club that looks like a train wreck right now and there's huge pressure on him to replace the star player.

I think he knows Pep rates him and he'd probably prefer to sit tight and see what happens this season he might be a bit part player in a title winning side rather than the main man in a side fighting for 4th.

Say Arsenal get £60m for Sanchez all that means is whoever they're trying to buy who isn't as good as Sanchez be that Lemar or Mahrez price will just fly up, Lemar's price tag is already reported to be above what they'd likely get for Sanchez.

I like Sterling I think the kid is really talented but he's not a winger his best run of form for both Liverpool and England came playing at the tip of a diamond as a kid he was a centre forward so I don't think he really knows how to play on the wing and like you say his end product can be very hit and miss but generally his finishing is very good. A front 3 of Ozil Lacazette Sterling wouldn't be to bad.

Unless City say to Sterling look this deal is happening with or without you and if Sanchez comes and you stay you're way down the pecking order I don't see it happening basically City will need to force Sterling out the door. Would be a bit of a d*ck move if you ask me given the way they got him and I think he's done ok in his time there but you have to be ruthless at the top.

60 million quid would buy Mahrez. Roma didn't bid quite that much and the deal was almost done. Lemar is very much the last ounce of star dust from that Monaco side so i don't blame them for trying to keep him. And bumping the price up. Someone will pay it now times running out. Fair play Jardim for not having a massive hissy fit over all these players he natured leaving by the way.

Anyway...If there's a chance Pep could take Alexis, he'd sell his own mother to do so. So trading in Sterling is no drama. Premier leagues ain't won on paper and for all the options and attacking threats they've got going forward something isn't clicking. They were lucky at Bournemouth and Everton and so maybe these new lads need abit more time. In Alexis you've got a world class star who's up and running in the prem. He needs him. He might like to develop a Sterling but there's too much of a gamble on his final ball and strange running style. So his dangling that young, English, full of potential carrot right in front of Wenger because he knows Wenger loves ruining players like that's careers. I personally think Wenger would take a deal like this. I wouldn't and I hate it to happen at a club I supported.

As for Sterling his got to be so annoyed. His scored 2 big goals in 3 games to save Pep the mooch and now reads about all this is going on. Pep was hugging him at Brighton before he subbed on what happened? Where's the love?

60 million quid would buy Mahrez. Roma didn't bid quite that much and the deal was almost done. Lemar is very much the last ounce of star dust from that Monaco side so i don't blame them for trying to keep him. And bumping the price up. Someone will pay it now times running out. Fair play Jardim for not having a massive hissy fit over all these players he natured leaving by the way.

Anyway...If there's a chance Pep could take Alexis, he'd sell his own mother to do so. So trading in Sterling is no drama. Premier leagues ain't won on paper and for all the options and attacking threats they've got going forward something isn't clicking. They were lucky at Bournemouth and Everton and so maybe these new lads need abit more time. In Alexis you've got a world class star who's up and running in the prem. He needs him. He might like to develop a Sterling but there's too much of a gamble on his final ball and strange running style. So his dangling that young, English, full of potential carrot right in front of Wenger because he knows Wenger loves ruining players like that's careers. I personally think Wenger would take a deal like this. I wouldn't and I hate it to happen at a club I supported.

As for Sterling his got to be so annoyed. His scored 2 big goals in 3 games to save Pep the mooch and now reads about all this is going on. Pep was hugging him at Brighton before he subbed on what happened? Where's the love?

I know it would buy you Mahrez but if you're Arsenal is Mahrez or Sterling a better option for you as the replacement for Sanchez? Neither player improves your best XI personally I'd take Sterling over Mahrez think he's got a bit more room for improvement and a bit more of a proven track record.

I think Sanchez is a gamble the reason is he thrives when he's given the freedom it's why he's great for Chile, Arsenal and Udinese and it's why I think he struggled at Barca. When you've got a guy like Sanchez you just have to let him go and do his thing but I don't think he'll get that freedom at City Pep doesn't play that type of football his players don't really get freedom it's all very system based.

We don't know if the rumours about sterling are true it could be complete BS it could be that Arsenal have said he can go but we want players not cash as part of the deal and Sterling is one of the players they've asked for other rumours suggest they've also asked for Aguero.

I'd take Mahrez over Sterling. Your right what your saying neither are going to improve an Alexis-less Arsenal but there are very few players out there that would to be fair. The ones that would are never going to join a sinking ship like Arsenal so you've got to take what you can get. For me that's Mahrez and they could offer him more money then they could with Sterling on their books.

If he kicks Aguero out then his even more Crazy then City were when they signed that "Jo" guy! What a flop!

Who flopped more Jo or Santa Cruz?

I much preferred that era of City where they got money but didn't have a clue how to spend it, now they're signing loads of sh*t hot players all the time and eventually they'll get it right and win a european cup.

Haha Santa Cruz what an absolute Legend of the game.

I know what you mean I miss them days of them rocking up with Richard Dunne and that random Chinese international they had. Or them thinking Bianchi and Petrov were match winners. Its like they've lost their innocence now they've got big ballers like Mangala and Wilf Bony. Modern day flops will never beat the originals.

Haha Santa Cruz what an absolute Legend of the game.

I know what you mean I miss them days of them rocking up with Richard Dunne and that random Chinese international they had. Or them thinking Bianchi and Petrov were match winners. Its like they've lost their innocence now they've got big ballers like Mangala and Wilf Bony. Modern day flops will never beat the originals.

The thing I find kind of funny is it still feels a bit "typical city" that when they suddenly get this money another club comes along with similar money and spends it better.

You can knock PSG but you can't argue that since they got the cash they have spent it so much better than City, City seem to have hoping and praying that the rift in Barca carries on which might give them a shot at Messi but what happens if PSG suddenly decide they want him?

Apparently requested permission to leave the Chile training camp.

David Ornstein very reliable Arsenal source who works for BBC says offer has been rejected Arsenal only interested in huge cash + player deal.

Can see why Wenger would want a player in as part of the deal, if they sell Sanchez, Mustafi and AOC then the Arsenal fans are gonna have a small coronary!

I would hate to see Sanchez at City because their depth would be unreal, I would love to see us have a go but don't think we are interested. I know Sir Alex used to be really interested when he was at Udinese but Jose? Not so sure.

Think eventually City will put enough money on the table for Arsenal to say yes. Could be a midnight dash to the Etihad tomorrow.

I think quite a few Arsenal fans would be happy to see the back of Oxlade-Chamberlain and sadly they've seen this before with the Sanchez situation the club talk big all summer then eventually cave in and sell just like they did with Cesc, Nasri & RVP. I don't even think they'd be angry at Sanchez most of them are on his side that he's to good to be expected to put up with this sh*t from the club.

I mean not sure the fans can do much more to show they're displeasure the "stop going" argument is flawed because for football fans it's a huge part of life but I think the time has come for fans to hold mass walk outs at home games. 60 minutes get up and walk out at the next home league game if you're not happy with how the club is being run get up and leave whatever the score is or whoever the opposition is just get up and leave. The marches to the ground, the banners in the ground, the banners towed over the ground by planes hasn't worked. I'm not an Arsenal fan but I think it's time for their fans to get ugly and turn on the club the mad thing I don't get is that some people still back Wenger to sort all this out.

Seems to me if Arsenal are talking about cash plus player deals then they're already resigned to the inevitable and he is for sale so this deal is going to happen.

Utd were apparently very close to getting him when he went to Barca but Sanchez chose them over Utd which at the time was fair enough, I think Mourinho would love to have him but fitting him in might be a problem he looks at his best either on the left or as the CF but Utd are already well stacked in those position.

I was actually at the Emirates at lunch time today. One of the club shops has been smashed in and unable to open today. That's not the way to show displeasure.

I was actually at the Emirates at lunch time today. One of the club shops has been smashed in and unable to open today. That's not the way to show displeasure.
For sure, it's only football after all. People really need to think about the bigger picture before being yobs.

I don't think fans would be sad to see AOC go but I think they would be displeased if no-one was brought into replace him. Do we think Arsenal are big draws anymore for the the really top players? Sure they are still admired but they've done very very little of late and seem like a stagnant club which isn't gonna change anytime soon. Lacazette is a good player but who knows how he will fare.

Wenger looks like a man in peril, he is playing a 3-5-2 which their players look ill equipped to adapt too. He is potentially losing three squad players with no signs of replacements. I can only see a long toil this season for Arsenal fans.

The stats boys over the summer on podcasts I listen to were saying the back 3 didn't actually make Arsenal better defensively they just weren't punished, the expected goals conceeded actually increased after they went to a back 3 from the back 4 last season and the expected goals scored stayed about the same. Basically that suggests they were getting lucky rather than getting better.

I mean not starting Lacazette vs Liverpool to me was crazy even if Sanchez was fit again start him off the bench the guy hasn't kicked a ball in over a month, they've signed the best LB in the German league last season (he was in the team of the season) then played a right back in his position to play a winger/centre mid as a right wing back.

Wenger is giving amnumition to the fans to turn on him with some of the decisions he's making as well it's like he doesn't care what these people think.

Vandalising club property probably isn't the way forward smashing in windows but I'd certainly wouldn't have a problem with a few can of spray paint being emptied on club shops or the stadium/offices etc. The people have got to get the message that this isn't really on.

Not condoning what these yobs have done, but there's such a bubble of anger over that club and it's Wenger's fault. The owners should be pressing and pushing him to deliver and they dont. He needed someone to come in and take over transfers because his lost it. His tactics in game are terrible, especially the big ones. His selection policy is worse then that over grown coat he wears. His destroyed everything that he built there. So the fans have had enough. But like JSP says there's ways to do things. Walk out during games. Or arrive late. Dont smash the shop and make it hard for the people that work there. Imagine having to sell Arsenal shirts for a living anyway? Those poor people have it hard enough already. Imagine telling someone you work for Arsenal Mega Store you'd be a social outcast overnight.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back